View archive on podling private@ list

sospartan
Hi,
May I ask who has karma to view archives of podling private@ list? I'm
weex-incubating committer, but can't view archive of private.  When I try
to open

https://lists.apache.org/list.html?private@... , it's redirect
to commits@ list.

I need to get permalink of a vote thread.

--
Best Regards!
------------------------------

sospartan
https://weex-project.io

Re: View archive on podling private@ list

Josh Elser
To avoid disclosing the name included in the subject, here is a
Adam Feng at 2017-04-24 02:51 (-0400).

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c26b89e59557ae8793bac1eddeb9d03bfa3e4203da0e50face55193b@%3Cprivate.weex.apache.org%3E

Hopefully this is the one you meant... Pinging your mentors in the
future might be better to avoid any chance of accidentally leaking some
private context :)

- Josh

sospartan wrote:

> Hi,
> May I ask who has karma to view archives of podling private@ list? I'm
> weex-incubating committer, but can't view archive of private.  When I try
> to open
>
> https://lists.apache.org/list.html?private@... , it's redirect
> to commits@ list.
>
> I need to get permalink of a vote thread.

Re: View archive on podling private@ list

sospartan-2
Yes, that the RESULT I need. Thank you.
But It's empty in content when I open this address.
I want make sure. So, Is there a specific rule that committer can not view
these archives of private podling mail list?

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 2:41 AM, Josh Elser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> To avoid disclosing the name included in the subject, here is a permalink
> to the RESULT message for a VOTE for a new committer sent by Adam Feng at
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c26b89e59557ae8793bac1e
> ddeb9d03bfa3e4203da0e50face55193b@%3Cprivate.weex.apache.org%3E
>
> Hopefully this is the one you meant... Pinging your mentors in the future
> might be better to avoid any chance of accidentally leaking some private
> context :)
>
> - Josh
>
> sospartan wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> May I ask who has karma to view archives of podling private@ list? I'm
>> weex-incubating committer, but can't view archive of private.  When I try
>> to open
>>
>> https://lists.apache.org/list.html?private@... , it's
>> redirect
>> to commits@ list.
>>
>> I need to get permalink of a vote thread.

sospartan
Phone:13588488290
HangZhou

Re: View archive on podling private@ list

Dave Fisher-5
You must be on the PPMC(podling), a Mentor, or an Apache Member for private ML access.

Mentors should be helping podlings with these tasks.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 24, 2017, at 7:02 PM, sospartan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yes, that the RESULT I need. Thank you.
> But It's empty in content when I open this address.
> I want make sure. So, Is there a specific rule that committer can not view
> these archives of private podling mail list?
>
>> On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 2:41 AM, Josh Elser <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> To avoid disclosing the name included in the subject, here is a permalink
>> to the RESULT message for a VOTE for a new committer sent by Adam Feng at
>>
>> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c26b89e59557ae8793bac1e
>> ddeb9d03bfa3e4203da0e50face55193b@%3Cprivate.weex.apache.org%3E
>>
>> Hopefully this is the one you meant... Pinging your mentors in the future
>> might be better to avoid any chance of accidentally leaking some private
>> context :)
>>
>> - Josh
>>
>> sospartan wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> May I ask who has karma to view archives of podling private@ list? I'm
>>> weex-incubating committer, but can't view archive of private.  When I try
>>> to open
>>>
>>> https://lists.apache.org/list.html?private@... , it's
>>> redirect
>>> to commits@ list.
>>>
>>> I need to get permalink of a vote thread.

> sospartan
> Phone:13588488290
> HangZhou

Re: View archive on podling private@ list

sospartan-2
Thank you.

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You must be on the PPMC(podling), a Mentor, or an Apache Member for
> private ML access.
>
> Mentors should be helping podlings with these tasks.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Apr 24, 2017, at 7:02 PM, sospartan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, that the RESULT I need. Thank you.
> > But It's empty in content when I open this address.
> > I want make sure. So, Is there a specific rule that committer can not
> view
> > these archives of private podling mail list?
> >
> >> On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 2:41 AM, Josh Elser <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> To avoid disclosing the name included in the subject, here is a
> >> to the RESULT message for a VOTE for a new committer sent by Adam Feng
> at
> >>
> >> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c26b89e59557ae8793bac1e
> >> ddeb9d03bfa3e4203da0e50face55193b@%3Cprivate.weex.apache.org%3E
> >>
> >> Hopefully this is the one you meant... Pinging your mentors in the
> future
> >> might be better to avoid any chance of accidentally leaking some private
> >> context :)
> >>
> >> - Josh

> try

> > --
> > sospartan
> > Phone:13588488290
> > HangZhou

sospartan
Phone:13588488290
HangZhou

Re: View archive on podling private@ list

Niclas Hedhman
Dave,
I am one of the Weex mentors, and I also don't understand this. I used to
be pretty sure that the PPMC was a construct in Incubator without LDAP
backing, but perhaps that changed during my absence from the Incubator.
Wasn't even committership a matter of the Incubator LDAP group ?
And wouldn't this mean that only Incubator PMC members have access to
[hidden email] ?

Cheers

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You must be on the PPMC(podling), a Mentor, or an Apache Member for
> private ML access.
>
> Mentors should be helping podlings with these tasks.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Apr 24, 2017, at 7:02 PM, sospartan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, that the RESULT I need. Thank you.
> > But It's empty in content when I open this address.
> > I want make sure. So, Is there a specific rule that committer can not
> view
> > these archives of private podling mail list?
> >
> >> On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 2:41 AM, Josh Elser <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> To avoid disclosing the name included in the subject, here is a
> >> to the RESULT message for a VOTE for a new committer sent by Adam Feng
> at
> >>
> >> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c26b89e59557ae8793bac1e
> >> ddeb9d03bfa3e4203da0e50face55193b@%3Cprivate.weex.apache.org%3E
> >>
> >> Hopefully this is the one you meant... Pinging your mentors in the
> future
> >> might be better to avoid any chance of accidentally leaking some private
> >> context :)
> >>
> >> - Josh

> try

> > --
> > sospartan
> > Phone:13588488290
> > HangZhou

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer
http://polygene.apache.org - New Energy for Java

Re: View archive on podling private@ list

John D. Ament-2
Niclas,

All of the access rules are based on LDAP now.  I've updated the guides
recently to reflect that rosters are maintained via whimsy, and not via the
XML files.  To setup weex's permissions go to
https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/weex and add additional committers to
the PPMC.

I have a request out to Sam to enhance this further to be committer vs
PPMC, right now it assumes everyone is PPMC.

John

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 12:31 AM Niclas Hedhman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dave,
> I am one of the Weex mentors, and I also don't understand this. I used to
> be pretty sure that the PPMC was a construct in Incubator without LDAP
> backing, but perhaps that changed during my absence from the Incubator.
> Wasn't even committership a matter of the Incubator LDAP group ?
> And wouldn't this mean that only Incubator PMC members have access to
> [hidden email] ?
>
> Cheers
>
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > You must be on the PPMC(podling), a Mentor, or an Apache Member for
> > private ML access.
> >
> > Mentors should be helping podlings with these tasks.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dave
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > > On Apr 24, 2017, at 7:02 PM, sospartan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, that the RESULT I need. Thank you.
> > > But It's empty in content when I open this address.
> > > I want make sure. So, Is there a specific rule that committer can not
> > view
> > > these archives of private podling mail list?

> > at

> > future
> private

> I'm