[VOTE] Retire Quickstep podling from Apache Incubator

[VOTE] Retire Quickstep podling from Apache Incubator

Roman Shaposhnik-2
Hi!

after a discussion with the Quickstep community:
 https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6c4998e6feaec2651511a0d461d45924847135b60aa00e084301bc59@%3Cdev.quickstep.apache.org%3E
and a formal passing vote:
 https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e0e759c1ae95a46b00aad9a44ddaaf6a007039029bc0a3167381e328@%3Cprivate.quickstep.apache.org%3E

I would like to call an IPMC VOTE on the following proposal:

Given the lack of community participation in moving
Apache Quickstep (incubating) towards graduation we
are proposing to retire the project from the Apache Incubator.

The project can continue existing on GitHub as an ALv2 licensed
open source project but will stop being affiliated with an Apache
Software Foundation.

[ ] +1 Retire Quickstep from the Incubator.
[ ] +0 Don't care.
[ ] -1 Don't retire Quickstep from the Incubator because...

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Retire Quickstep podling from Apache Incubator

Roman Shaposhnik-2
On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 4:03 PM Roman Shaposhnik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> after a discussion with the Quickstep community:
>  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6c4998e6feaec2651511a0d461d45924847135b60aa00e084301bc59@%3Cdev.quickstep.apache.org%3E
> and a formal passing vote:
>  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e0e759c1ae95a46b00aad9a44ddaaf6a007039029bc0a3167381e328@%3Cprivate.quickstep.apache.org%3E
>
> I would like to call an IPMC VOTE on the following proposal:
>
> Given the lack of community participation in moving
> Apache Quickstep (incubating) towards graduation we
> are proposing to retire the project from the Apache Incubator.
>
> The project can continue existing on GitHub as an ALv2 licensed
> open source project but will stop being affiliated with an Apache
> Software Foundation.
>
> [ ] +1 Retire Quickstep from the Incubator.
> [ ] +0 Don't care.
> [ ] -1 Don't retire Quickstep from the Incubator because...

Roman (mentor of Apache Quickstep [incubating]))

Re: [VOTE] Retire Quickstep podling from Apache Incubator

+1 (Binding)

> On Nov 27, 2018, at 4:03 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> after a discussion with the Quickstep community:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6c4998e6feaec2651511a0d461d45924847135b60aa00e084301bc59@%3Cdev.quickstep.apache.org%3E
> and a formal passing vote:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e0e759c1ae95a46b00aad9a44ddaaf6a007039029bc0a3167381e328@%3Cprivate.quickstep.apache.org%3E
>
> I would like to call an IPMC VOTE on the following proposal:
>
> Given the lack of community participation in moving
> Apache Quickstep (incubating) towards graduation we
> are proposing to retire the project from the Apache Incubator.
>
> The project can continue existing on GitHub as an ALv2 licensed
> open source project but will stop being affiliated with an Apache
> Software Foundation.
>
> [ ] +1 Retire Quickstep from the Incubator.
> [ ] +0 Don't care.
> [ ] -1 Don't retire Quickstep from the Incubator because...

> Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Retire Quickstep podling from Apache Incubator

Julian Hyde-3
+1 (binding)

> On Nov 27, 2018, at 4:08 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1 (Binding)
>
>> On Nov 27, 2018, at 4:03 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> after a discussion with the Quickstep community:
>> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6c4998e6feaec2651511a0d461d45924847135b60aa00e084301bc59@%3Cdev.quickstep.apache.org%3E
>> and a formal passing vote:
>> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e0e759c1ae95a46b00aad9a44ddaaf6a007039029bc0a3167381e328@%3Cprivate.quickstep.apache.org%3E
>>
>> I would like to call an IPMC VOTE on the following proposal:
>>
>> Given the lack of community participation in moving
>> Apache Quickstep (incubating) towards graduation we
>> are proposing to retire the project from the Apache Incubator.
>>
>> The project can continue existing on GitHub as an ALv2 licensed
>> open source project but will stop being affiliated with an Apache
>> Software Foundation.
>>
>> [ ] +1 Retire Quickstep from the Incubator.
>> [ ] +0 Don't care.
>> [ ] -1 Don't retire Quickstep from the Incubator because...
>>
>> The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Retire Quickstep podling from Apache Incubator

Willem Jiang
+1 binding.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 8:03 AM Roman Shaposhnik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> after a discussion with the Quickstep community:
>  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6c4998e6feaec2651511a0d461d45924847135b60aa00e084301bc59@%3Cdev.quickstep.apache.org%3E
> and a formal passing vote:
>  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e0e759c1ae95a46b00aad9a44ddaaf6a007039029bc0a3167381e328@%3Cprivate.quickstep.apache.org%3E
>
> I would like to call an IPMC VOTE on the following proposal:
>
> Given the lack of community participation in moving
> Apache Quickstep (incubating) towards graduation we
> are proposing to retire the project from the Apache Incubator.
>
> The project can continue existing on GitHub as an ALv2 licensed
> open source project but will stop being affiliated with an Apache
> Software Foundation.
>
> [ ] +1 Retire Quickstep from the Incubator.
> [ ] +0 Don't care.
> [ ] -1 Don't retire Quickstep from the Incubator because...

> Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Retire Quickstep podling from Apache Incubator

吴晟 Sheng Wu
+1 binding.

Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin

From Wu Sheng 's phone.

From: Willem Jiang <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed,Nov 28,2018 4:52 PM
To: general <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Retire Quickstep podling from Apache Incubator

+1 binding.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 8:03 AM Roman Shaposhnik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> after a discussion with the Quickstep community:
>  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6c4998e6feaec2651511a0d461d45924847135b60aa00e084301bc59@%3Cdev.quickstep.apache.org%3E
> and a formal passing vote:
>  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e0e759c1ae95a46b00aad9a44ddaaf6a007039029bc0a3167381e328@%3Cprivate.quickstep.apache.org%3E
>
> I would like to call an IPMC VOTE on the following proposal:
>
> Given the lack of community participation in moving
> Apache Quickstep (incubating) towards graduation we
> are proposing to retire the project from the Apache Incubator.
>
> The project can continue existing on GitHub as an ALv2 licensed
> open source project but will stop being affiliated with an Apache
> Software Foundation.
>
> [ ] +1 Retire Quickstep from the Incubator.
> [ ] +0 Don't care.
> [ ] -1 Don't retire Quickstep from the Incubator because...

> Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Retire Quickstep podling from Apache Incubator

Furkan KAMACI
+1 binding

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 12:53 PM 吴晟 Sheng Wu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 binding.
>

> Sheng Wu
> Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin
>
> From Wu Sheng 's phone.

> From: Willem Jiang <[hidden email]>
> Date: Wed,Nov 28,2018 4:52 PM
> To: general <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Retire Quickstep podling from Apache Incubator
>

> +1 binding.
>
> Willem Jiang
>
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 8:03 AM Roman Shaposhnik <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > after a discussion with the Quickstep community:
> >
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6c4998e6feaec2651511a0d461d45924847135b60aa00e084301bc59@%3Cdev.quickstep.apache.org%3E
> > and a formal passing vote:
> >
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e0e759c1ae95a46b00aad9a44ddaaf6a007039029bc0a3167381e328@%3Cprivate.quickstep.apache.org%3E
> >
> > I would like to call an IPMC VOTE on the following proposal:
> >
> > Given the lack of community participation in moving
> > Apache Quickstep (incubating) towards graduation we
> > are proposing to retire the project from the Apache Incubator.
> >
> > The project can continue existing on GitHub as an ALv2 licensed
> > open source project but will stop being affiliated with an Apache
> > Software Foundation.
> >
> > [ ] +1 Retire Quickstep from the Incubator.
> > [ ] +0 Don't care.
> > [ ] -1 Don't retire Quickstep from the Incubator because...
> >
> > The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Retire Quickstep podling from Apache Incubator

Jean-Baptiste Onofré

Regards
JB

On 28/11/2018 01:03, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:

> Hi!
>
> after a discussion with the Quickstep community:
>  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6c4998e6feaec2651511a0d461d45924847135b60aa00e084301bc59@%3Cdev.quickstep.apache.org%3E
> and a formal passing vote:
>  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e0e759c1ae95a46b00aad9a44ddaaf6a007039029bc0a3167381e328@%3Cprivate.quickstep.apache.org%3E
>
> I would like to call an IPMC VOTE on the following proposal:
>
> Given the lack of community participation in moving
> Apache Quickstep (incubating) towards graduation we
> are proposing to retire the project from the Apache Incubator.
>
> The project can continue existing on GitHub as an ALv2 licensed
> open source project but will stop being affiliated with an Apache
> Software Foundation.
>
> [ ] +1 Retire Quickstep from the Incubator.
> [ ] +0 Don't care.
> [ ] -1 Don't retire Quickstep from the Incubator because...

> Roman.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Retire Quickstep podling from Apache Incubator

Liang Chen

Regards
Liang

--
Sent from: http://apache-incubator-general.996316.n3.nabble.com/

[RESULT] [VOTE] Retire Quickstep podling from Apache Incubator

Roman Shaposhnik-2
On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 4:03 PM Roman Shaposhnik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> after a discussion with the Quickstep community:
>  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6c4998e6feaec2651511a0d461d45924847135b60aa00e084301bc59@%3Cdev.quickstep.apache.org%3E
> and a formal passing vote:
>  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e0e759c1ae95a46b00aad9a44ddaaf6a007039029bc0a3167381e328@%3Cprivate.quickstep.apache.org%3E
>
> I would like to call an IPMC VOTE on the following proposal:
>
> Given the lack of community participation in moving
> Apache Quickstep (incubating) towards graduation we
> are proposing to retire the project from the Apache Incubator.
>
> The project can continue existing on GitHub as an ALv2 licensed
> open source project but will stop being affiliated with an Apache
> Software Foundation.
>
> [ ] +1 Retire Quickstep from the Incubator.
> [ ] +0 Don't care.
> [ ] -1 Don't retire Quickstep from the Incubator because...

With 7 binding +1 votes, 1 non-binding +1 vote and 0 votes of any other kind
this vote PASSES.

Thanks to everyone who voted. Here's a vote tally:

Binding +1s:
   Roman Shaposhnik
   Dave Fisher
   Julian Hyde