[VOTE] Retire Gearpump podling

Manu Zhang
Hi mentors,

The Gearpump podling has voted to retire from incubation. Here are the
relevant discussion and vote threads from the dev list. The vote passed
unanimously with 6 +1s.

DISCUSS:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/77946cfff4557cf10c13c2d35fc165223583e58c2f7705319acabcf4@%3Cdev.gearpump.apache.org%3E
VOTE:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/03fc0421bb425f79d623863335bc2b81e4b6c77a169f508aadce7785@%3Cdev.gearpump.apache.org%3E

Please vote to ratify this request for retirement. It will be open for at
least 72 hours.

Thanks,
Manu Zhang

Re: [VOTE] Retire Gearpump podling

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
+1 (binding)

As discussed on the gearpump mailing list, obviously, we don't have a
wide enough community to move forward on graduation.
I'm still thinking that Gearpump is really an interesting project, but
not enough traction around.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]

Re: [VOTE] Retire Gearpump podling

+1 to retire

Like all podlings, the source code will continue to be available in a read
only fashion, if others ever want to pick it back up or restart a podling
with the name.  Best of luck to all.

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 5:32 AM Manu Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi mentors,
>
> The Gearpump podling has voted to retire from incubation. Here are the
> relevant discussion and vote threads from the dev list. The vote passed
> unanimously with 6 +1s.
>
> DISCUSS:
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/77946cfff4557cf10c13c2d35fc165223583e58c2f7705319acabcf4@%3Cdev.gearpump.apache.org%3E
> VOTE:
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/03fc0421bb425f79d623863335bc2b81e4b6c77a169f508aadce7785@%3Cdev.gearpump.apache.org%3E
>
> Please vote to ratify this request for retirement. It will be open for at
> least 72 hours.
>
> Thanks,
> Manu Zhang

Re: [VOTE] Retire Gearpump podling

Ted Dunning
+1 from here as well.

Good luck to the project participants.

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018, 16:32 John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 to retire
>
> Like all podlings, the source code will continue to be available in a read
> only fashion, if others ever want to pick it back up or restart a podling
> with the name.  Best of luck to all.
>
> On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 5:32 AM Manu Zhang <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi mentors,
> >
> > The Gearpump podling has voted to retire from incubation. Here are the
> > relevant discussion and vote threads from the dev list. The vote passed
> > unanimously with 6 +1s.
> >
> > DISCUSS:
> >

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/77946cfff4557cf10c13c2d35fc165223583e58c2f7705319acabcf4@%3Cdev.gearpump.apache.org%3E
> > VOTE:
> >

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/03fc0421bb425f79d623863335bc2b81e4b6c77a169f508aadce7785@%3Cdev.gearpump.apache.org%3E
> >
> > Please vote to ratify this request for retirement. It will be open for at
> > least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Manu Zhang

Re: [VOTE] Retire Gearpump podling

Suneel Marthi
+1 to retire

Very sad to see this retire - initially conceived by the former Intel
Hadoop Engg core team back in the day

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 5:45 PM Ted Dunning <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 from here as well.
>
> Good luck to the project participants.
>

> On Sun, Sep 16, 2018, 16:32 John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1 to retire
> >
> > Like all podlings, the source code will continue to be available in a
> read
> > only fashion, if others ever want to pick it back up or restart a podling
> > with the name.  Best of luck to all.
> >
> > On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 5:32 AM Manu Zhang <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi mentors,
> > >
> > > The Gearpump podling has voted to retire from incubation. Here are the
> > > relevant discussion and vote threads from the dev list. The vote passed
> > > unanimously with 6 +1s.
> > >
> > > DISCUSS:
> > >

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/77946cfff4557cf10c13c2d35fc165223583e58c2f7705319acabcf4@%3Cdev.gearpump.apache.org%3E
> > > VOTE:
> > >

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/03fc0421bb425f79d623863335bc2b81e4b6c77a169f508aadce7785@%3Cdev.gearpump.apache.org%3E
> > >
> > > Please vote to ratify this request for retirement. It will be open for
> at
> > > least 72 hours.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Manu Zhang

Re: [VOTE] Retire Gearpump podling

Andrew Purtell

> On Sep 16, 2018, at 2:31 AM, Manu Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi mentors,
>
> The Gearpump podling has voted to retire from incubation. Here are the
> relevant discussion and vote threads from the dev list. The vote passed
> unanimously with 6 +1s.
>
> DISCUSS:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/77946cfff4557cf10c13c2d35fc165223583e58c2f7705319acabcf4@%3Cdev.gearpump.apache.org%3E
> VOTE:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/03fc0421bb425f79d623863335bc2b81e4b6c77a169f508aadce7785@%3Cdev.gearpump.apache.org%3E
>
> Please vote to ratify this request for retirement. It will be open for at
> least 72 hours.
>
> Thanks,
> Manu Zhang

Re: [VOTE] Retire Gearpump podling

+1 retire

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 16, 2018, at 2:31 AM, Manu Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi mentors,
>
> The Gearpump podling has voted to retire from incubation. Here are the
> relevant discussion and vote threads from the dev list. The vote passed
> unanimously with 6 +1s.
>
> DISCUSS:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/77946cfff4557cf10c13c2d35fc165223583e58c2f7705319acabcf4@%3Cdev.gearpump.apache.org%3E
> VOTE:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/03fc0421bb425f79d623863335bc2b81e4b6c77a169f508aadce7785@%3Cdev.gearpump.apache.org%3E
>
> Please vote to ratify this request for retirement. It will be open for at
> least 72 hours.
>
> Thanks,
> Manu Zhang

Re: [VOTE] Retire Gearpump podling

Re: [VOTE] Retire Gearpump podling

Matt Sicker
+1

On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 at 04:33, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1

Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>

Re: [VOTE] Retire Gearpump podling

Willem Jiang
+1.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 5:32 PM Manu Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi mentors,
>
> The Gearpump podling has voted to retire from incubation. Here are the
> relevant discussion and vote threads from the dev list. The vote passed
> unanimously with 6 +1s.
>
> DISCUSS:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/77946cfff4557cf10c13c2d35fc165223583e58c2f7705319acabcf4@%3Cdev.gearpump.apache.org%3E
> VOTE:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/03fc0421bb425f79d623863335bc2b81e4b6c77a169f508aadce7785@%3Cdev.gearpump.apache.org%3E
>
> Please vote to ratify this request for retirement. It will be open for at
> least 72 hours.
>
> Thanks,
> Manu Zhang

Re: [VOTE] Retire Gearpump podling

Manu Zhang
Thanks everyone. The vote passes with 9 +1s and we will move on with
retirement.

Manu