[VOTE] Resolution to graduate Apache FreeMarker to TLP

[VOTE] Resolution to graduate Apache FreeMarker to TLP

Jacopo Cappellato-3
Hi all,

The FreeMarker community has discussed [1] and voted [2] positively on
graduating to a top level project (TLP). The resolution for the graduation
has been proposed and discussed in this list [3].
Information about FreeMarker can be found in the status page [4],
in the project maturity model [5] and in the website [6].

I am now calling a VOTE to ask the IPMC to recommend the resolution to the
ASF Board:
the proposed resolution can be found at the bottom of this email.
The vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 recommend to the Board the resolution to graduate Apache FreeMarker
to a TLP
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 don't graduate Apache FreeMarker to a TLP (please specify a reason)

Thanks,
Jacopo Cappellato

[2] Community graduation vote: https://s.apache.org/MNdd
[3] Incubator resolution discussion: https://s.apache.org/xdI3
[4] Project status page:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/freemarker.html
[5] Project maturity model: https://s.apache.org/ixlR
[6] Freemarker website: https://freemarker.apache.org/

The proposed Resolution of the Apache FreeMarker project:

------

Establish the Apache FreeMarker Project

open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
the public, related to a template engine.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache FreeMarker Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache FreeMarker Project be and hereby is
related to a template engine, and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache FreeMarker" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache FreeMarker Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache FreeMarker Project; and be it further

Apache FreeMarker Project:

  * Dániel Dékány                   <[hidden email]>
  * David E. Jones                <[hidden email]>
  * Jacopo Cappellato           <[hidden email]>
  * Jacques Le Roux                 <[hidden email]>
  * Nan Lei                         <[hidden email]>
  * Sergio Fernández                <[hidden email]>
  * Woonsan Ko                      <[hidden email]>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Dániel Dékány
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache FreeMarker,
to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache FreeMarker Project be and hereby
Incubator FreeMarker podling; and be it further

Incubator FreeMarker podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.

------

Re: [VOTE] Resolution to graduate Apache FreeMarker to TLP

Bertrand Delacretaz
On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 11:45 AM, Jacopo Cappellato <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...I am now calling a VOTE to ask the IPMC to recommend the resolution to the
> ASF Board..

+1

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Resolution to graduate Apache FreeMarker to TLP

Ate Douma

Regards, Ate

On 2018-02-19 11:45, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> [...]
>    * Woonsan Ko                      <[hidden email]>
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Dániel Dékány
> be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache FreeMarker,
> to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache FreeMarker Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator FreeMarker podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator FreeMarker podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.
>
> ------

Re: [VOTE] Resolution to graduate Apache FreeMarker to TLP

Sergio Fernández-2
My +1 (binding).

It has been an interesting journey. Now the project deserves more as TLP.

On Feb 19, 2018 02:45, "Jacopo Cappellato" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>   * Woonsan Ko                      <[hidden email]>
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Dániel Dékány
> be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache FreeMarker,
> to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache FreeMarker Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator FreeMarker podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator FreeMarker podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.
>
> ------

Re: [VOTE] Resolution to graduate Apache FreeMarker to TLP

David E Jones
+1 (binding)

-David

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 7:34 AM, Sergio Fernández <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >   * Woonsan Ko                      <[hidden email]>
> >
> > NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Dániel Dékány
> > be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache FreeMarker,
> > to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> > Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> > death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> > or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the Apache FreeMarker Project be and hereby
> > is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> > Incubator FreeMarker podling; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> > Incubator FreeMarker podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> > Project are hereafter discharged.
> >
> > ------

Re: [VOTE] Resolution to graduate Apache FreeMarker to TLP

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
+1 (binding)

Regards
JB

Le 19 févr. 2018 à 17:00, à 17:00, David E Jones <[hidden email]> a écrit:

> [...]
>> >   * Woonsan Ko                      <[hidden email]>
>> >
>> > NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Dániel Dékány
>> > be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache FreeMarker,
>> > to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
>> > Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>> > death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
>> > or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>> >
>> > RESOLVED, that the Apache FreeMarker Project be and hereby
>> > is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>> > Incubator FreeMarker podling; and be it further
>> >
>> > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>> > Incubator FreeMarker podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>> > Project are hereafter discharged.
>> >
>> > ------

Re: [VOTE] Resolution to graduate Apache FreeMarker to TLP

+1 (binding, mentor)

Jacopo Cappellato

wrote:

> [...]
>   * Woonsan Ko                      <[hidden email]>
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Dániel Dékány
> be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache FreeMarker,
> to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache FreeMarker Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator FreeMarker podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator FreeMarker podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.
>
> ------

Re: [VOTE] Resolution to graduate Apache FreeMarker to TLP

Jacques Le Roux
+1 (binding)

Le 19/02/2018 à 17:39, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :

> [...]
>>    * Woonsan Ko                      <[hidden email]>
>>
>> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Dániel Dékány
>> be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache FreeMarker,
>> to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
>> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
>> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that the Apache FreeMarker Project be and hereby
>> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>> Incubator FreeMarker podling; and be it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>> Incubator FreeMarker podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>> Project are hereafter discharged.
>>
>> ------

Re: [VOTE] Resolution to graduate Apache FreeMarker to TLP

Ralph Goers

Ralph

> [...]
>  * Woonsan Ko                      <[hidden email]>
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Dániel Dékány
> be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache FreeMarker,
> to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache FreeMarker Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator FreeMarker podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator FreeMarker podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.
>
> ------

Re: [VOTE] Resolution to graduate Apache FreeMarker to TLP

Jochen Wiedmann
+1 (Binding)

> [...]

>   * Woonsan Ko                      <[hidden email]>
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Dániel Dékány
> be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache FreeMarker,
> to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache FreeMarker Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator FreeMarker podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator FreeMarker podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.
>
> ------

Re: [VOTE] Resolution to graduate Apache FreeMarker to TLP

Kevin A. McGrail-3

On 2/20/2018 1:09 AM, Apache wrote:

> [...]
>>   * Woonsan Ko                      <[hidden email]>
>>
>> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Dániel Dékány
>> be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache FreeMarker,
>> to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
>> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
>> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that the Apache FreeMarker Project be and hereby
>> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>> Incubator FreeMarker podling; and be it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>> Incubator FreeMarker podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>> Project are hereafter discharged.
>>
>> ------

Re: [VOTE] Resolution to graduate Apache FreeMarker to TLP

Olivier Lamy

Olivier Lamy