[VOTE] Request to release Tuscany C++ M1

[VOTE] Request to release Tuscany C++ M1

Pete Robbins-2
We have held a vote on [hidden email] to publish a release of
the Tuscany C++ implementation. The vote email thread is available here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg05134.html
<http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg05134.html+>

In summary we have 4 +1 votes from committers and no 0s or -1s.

We would like to request approval from the Incubator PMC to release this
version.

The candidate distribution is available here:
http://people.apache.org/~robbinspg/RC-3b/

Thank you.

---
Pete

Re: [VOTE] Request to release Tuscany C++ M1

Pete Robbins
A reminder: We would appreciate folk reviewing and voting on the proposed
release.

Cheers,

Pete

Re: [VOTE] Request to release Tuscany C++ M1

robert burrell donkin-2
On 7/21/06, Pete Robbins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We have held a vote on [hidden email] to publish a release of
> the Tuscany C++ implementation. The vote email thread is available here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg05134.html
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg05134.html+>
>
> In summary we have 4 +1 votes from committers and no 0s or -1s.

i've never cut C++ releases - and having read about your battles, i'm now
glad about that. hopefully some release managers more expert in C++ will
jump and take a look...

once you've smoothed out the process, it'd be great if you could contribute
some patches to the incubator release guide covering C++ specific release
issues and tips.

We would like to request approval from the Incubator PMC to release this
> version.
>
> The candidate distribution is available here:
> http://people.apache.org/~robbinspg/RC-3b/

+1

there are a small number of documents that would probably be better with
license headers and several blank documents (which i suspect were generated
by autoconf) but otherwise no nits i can find.

- robert

On 25/07/06, robert burrell donkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i've never cut C++ releases - and having read about your battles, i'm now
> glad about that.

Yeah! There may be mileage in that write-once-run-anywhere Java thingy ;-)

once you've smoothed out the process, it'd be great if you could contribute
> some patches to the incubator release guide covering C++ specific release
> issues and tips.

Ok will do.

Pete

Re: [VOTE] Request to release Tuscany C++ M1

ant elder-2
+1 (non-binding)

All the packaging etc of this release looks ok to me (though I still can't
get the web service sample to work, I'll raise a JIRA  about that).

This vote has been going a week now, could any more of you with binding
votes spare a bit of time to review and vote on the release?

   ...ant

On 7/25/06, robert burrell donkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7/21/06, Pete Robbins <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > We have held a vote on [hidden email] to publish a release of
> > the Tuscany C++ implementation. The vote email thread is available here:
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg05134.html
> > <http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg05134.html+>
> >
> > In summary we have 4 +1 votes from committers and no 0s or -1s.
>

> i've never cut C++ releases - and having read about your battles, i'm now
> glad about that. hopefully some release managers more expert in C++ will
> jump and take a look...
>
> once you've smoothed out the process, it'd be great if you could
> contribute
> some patches to the incubator release guide covering C++ specific release
> issues and tips.
>
> We would like to request approval from the Incubator PMC to release this
> > version.
> >
> > The candidate distribution is available here:
> > http://people.apache.org/~robbinspg/RC-3b/
>

> +1
>
> there are a small number of documents that would probably be better with
> license headers and several blank documents (which i suspect were
> generated
> by autoconf) but otherwise no nits i can find.
>
> - robert

Re: [VOTE] Request to release Tuscany C++ M1

dims
+1 from me. Sorry for the delay.

-- dims

--
Davanum Srinivas : http://www.wso2.net (Oxygen for Web Service Developers)

Re: [VOTE] Request to release Tuscany C++ M1

Bill Stoddard
Pete Robbins wrote:

> We have held a vote on [hidden email] to publish a release of
> the Tuscany C++ implementation. The vote email thread is available here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg05134.html
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg05134.html+>
>
> In summary we have 4 +1 votes from committers and no 0s or -1s.
>
> We would like to request approval from the Incubator PMC to release this
> version.
>
> The candidate distribution is available here:
> http://people.apache.org/~robbinspg/RC-3b/
>
> Thank you.
>
> ---
> Pete

+1

Bill

Re: [VOTE] Request to release Tuscany C++ M1

Sanjiva Weerawarana
+1 from me as well. Congrats!

Sanjiva.

On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 08:55 +0100, ant elder wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> All the packaging etc of this release looks ok to me (though I still can't
> get the web service sample to work, I'll raise a JIRA  about that).
>
> This vote has been going a week now, could any more of you with binding
> votes spare a bit of time to review and vote on the release?
>
>    ...ant
>
> On 7/25/06, robert burrell donkin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On 7/21/06, Pete Robbins <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > We have held a vote on [hidden email] to publish a release of
> > > the Tuscany C++ implementation. The vote email thread is available here:
> > > http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg05134.html
> > > <http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg05134.html+>
> > >
> > > In summary we have 4 +1 votes from committers and no 0s or -1s.
> >

> > i've never cut C++ releases - and having read about your battles, i'm now
> > glad about that. hopefully some release managers more expert in C++ will
> > jump and take a look...
> >
> > once you've smoothed out the process, it'd be great if you could
> > contribute
> > some patches to the incubator release guide covering C++ specific release
> > issues and tips.
> >
> > We would like to request approval from the Incubator PMC to release this
> > > version.
> > >
> > > The candidate distribution is available here:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~robbinspg/RC-3b/
> >

> > +1
> >
> > there are a small number of documents that would probably be better with
> > license headers and several blank documents (which i suspect were
> > generated
> > by autoconf) but otherwise no nits i can find.
> >
> > - robert

Re: [VOTE] Request to release Tuscany C++ M1

Pete Robbins
I think this vote is passed with +1's from Robert Burrell Donkin, Dims, Bill
Stoddard and Sanjiva. No -1's

Thank you.

Pete

Re: [VOTE] Request to release Tuscany C++ M1

Paul Fremantle
Pete

I know its late but here's my +1 to add to the list!

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle