[VOTE] Release of Apache Tephra-0.15.0-incubating [rc1]

[VOTE] Release of Apache Tephra-0.15.0-incubating [rc1]

James Taylor-3
Hi all,

This is a call for a vote on releasing Apache Tephra 0.15.0-incubating,
release candidate 1. This is the eighth release of Tephra. The Tephra dev
community has voted on and approved a proposal to release Tephra
0.15.0-incubating, release candidate 1.

PPMC Vote Call: https://s.apache.org/69XD

PPMC Vote Result: https://s.apache.org/Pvkd

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tephra/0.15.0-incubating-rc1/src

The tag to be voted upon is v0.15.0-incubating:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-tephra.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/v0.15.0-incubating

The release hash is fe4885003dfbc8fcfc2d0ae4192a109b03eaebe5:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-tephra.git;a=commit;h=fe4885003dfbc8fcfc2d0ae4192a109b03eaebe5

The Nexus Staging URL:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetephra-1012

http://people.apache.org/keys/committer/jamestaylor

KEYS file available:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tephra/KEYS

For information about the contents of this release, see:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tephra/0.15.0-incubating-rc1/CHANGES.txt

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Tephra 0.15.0-incubating

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Tephra 0.15.0-incubating
[ ] +0 no opinion

James

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Tephra-0.15.0-incubating [rc1]

Josh Elser
+1 (binding)

* tephra_distribution/NOTICE_BINARY needs a year update
* files under tephra_distribution need exclusions on apache-rat-plugin
* Can build from src (tests don't pass though)
* I see lots of really old HBase versions in the dep list, would be a
good idea to prune them (no longer receiving updates, including
security-related fixes)

On 8/24/18 3:38 PM, James Taylor wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is a call for a vote on releasing Apache Tephra 0.15.0-incubating,
> release candidate 1. This is the eighth release of Tephra. The Tephra dev
> community has voted on and approved a proposal to release Tephra
> 0.15.0-incubating, release candidate 1.
>
> PPMC Vote Call: https://s.apache.org/69XD
>
> PPMC Vote Result: https://s.apache.org/Pvkd
>
> The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tephra/0.15.0-incubating-rc1/src
>
> The tag to be voted upon is v0.15.0-incubating:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-tephra.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/v0.15.0-incubating
>
> The release hash is fe4885003dfbc8fcfc2d0ae4192a109b03eaebe5:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-tephra.git;a=commit;h=fe4885003dfbc8fcfc2d0ae4192a109b03eaebe5
>
> The Nexus Staging URL:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetephra-1012

> http://people.apache.org/keys/committer/jamestaylor
>
> KEYS file available:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tephra/KEYS
>
> For information about the contents of this release, see:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tephra/0.15.0-incubating-rc1/CHANGES.txt
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Tephra 0.15.0-incubating

> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Tephra 0.15.0-incubating
> [ ] +0 no opinion

> James

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Tephra-0.15.0-incubating [rc1]

- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes good
- LICENSE and NOTICE good (binary NOTICE year needs updating)
- No unexpected binary files
- all source files have ASF headers
- can compile from source

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Tephra-0.15.0-incubating [rc1]

James Taylor-3
+1 (binding)

Built from scratch
Successfully ran all unit tests

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 12:55 AM Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>

> I checked:
> - incubating in name
> - signatures and hashes good
> - LICENSE and NOTICE good (binary NOTICE year needs updating)
> - No unexpected binary files
> - all source files have ASF headers
> - can compile from source

[RESULT][VOTE] Release of Apache Tephra-0.15.0-incubating [rc1]

James Taylor-3
The vote is now closed and passes with 3 +1s and no +0 or -1s.
Thanks to those who voted.

    James