[VOTE] Release of Apache Mnemonic-0.8.0-incubating [rc1]

[VOTE] Release of Apache Mnemonic-0.8.0-incubating [rc1]

Debojyoti Dutta
Hello incubator PMCs,

The Apache Mnemonic community PPMCs and developers have voted and
approved the proposal to release Apache Mnemonic 0.8.0 (incubating).

Apache Mnemonic is an advanced hybrid memory storage oriented library.
It consists of a non-volatile/durable Java object model and a durable
computing model that significantly improves the performance of massive
real-time data processing and analytics pipelines, built on top of
JVMs. Developers can also use this library to design cache-less and
SerDe-less high performance applications, thus leveraging the core
benefits of non-volatile memory technologies.

[VOTE] thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/1a04f89e9bc8f4bd588a017184c1bd2f99922506215a66ed37881fd7@%3Cdev.mnemonic.apache.org%3E

[VOTE RESULT] thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/aaa59cc08283f085608e37f07c3f2178b19b08d260436c370428e3d3@%3Cdev.mnemonic.apache.org%3E
and an update (Patrick Hunt's vote was binding but was included as non binding):
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a11aa5fe89e4784e610873548c26c7a0857b2216a3ac1400f45d5b27@%3Cdev.mnemonic.apache.org%3E

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on
this incubator release. The Apache Mnemonic-0.8.0-incubating release
candidate is now available with the following artifacts for a project
vote:

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mnemonic/0.8.0-incubating-rc1/src/

The tag to be voted upon is v0.8.0-incubating:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-mnemonic.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v0.8.0-incubating

The release hash is 2941b87:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-mnemonic.git;a=commit;h=2941b87f7e28c898cbecb35c845e5b4cd90bc197

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mnemonic/KEYS

KEYS file available:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mnemonic/KEYS

For information about the contents of this release, see:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mnemonic/0.8.0-incubating-rc1/CHANGES.txt

The vote will be open for ~72 hours. Please download the release
candidate and evaluate the necessary items including checking hashes,
signatures, build from source, and test.

please vote:
[ ] +1 Release this package as apache-mnemonic-<version>-incubating
[ ] +0 no opinion

Debo Dutta, on behalf of the Apache Mnemonic (incubating) team

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Mnemonic-0.8.0-incubating [rc1]

- name includes incubating
- signatures and hashes correct
- LICENSE and NOTICE file good
- no unexpected binaries in source code
- all files have ASF headers
- can compile from source

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Mnemonic-0.8.0-incubating [rc1]

Josh Elser

- xsums/sigs OK
- L&N look ok
- KEYS is good
- Could sort of build from source. On OSX, I can only get so far into
the build until I start running into native compilation failures. The
docs are a little sparse on this -- it would be awesome if there was
some non-native fallback mechanism to improve the first-time user
experience.
- apache-rat:check looks good
- Scoped out the rest of the files included

On 6/16/17 2:26 AM, Debojyoti Dutta wrote:

> Hello incubator PMCs,
>
> The Apache Mnemonic community PPMCs and developers have voted and
> approved the proposal to release Apache Mnemonic 0.8.0 (incubating).
>
> Apache Mnemonic is an advanced hybrid memory storage oriented library.
> It consists of a non-volatile/durable Java object model and a durable
> computing model that significantly improves the performance of massive
> real-time data processing and analytics pipelines, built on top of
> JVMs. Developers can also use this library to design cache-less and
> SerDe-less high performance applications, thus leveraging the core
> benefits of non-volatile memory technologies.
>
> [VOTE] thread:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/1a04f89e9bc8f4bd588a017184c1bd2f99922506215a66ed37881fd7@%3Cdev.mnemonic.apache.org%3E
>
> [VOTE RESULT] thread:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/aaa59cc08283f085608e37f07c3f2178b19b08d260436c370428e3d3@%3Cdev.mnemonic.apache.org%3E
> and an update (Patrick Hunt's vote was binding but was included as non binding):
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a11aa5fe89e4784e610873548c26c7a0857b2216a3ac1400f45d5b27@%3Cdev.mnemonic.apache.org%3E
>
> We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on
> this incubator release. The Apache Mnemonic-0.8.0-incubating release
> candidate is now available with the following artifacts for a project
> vote:
>
> The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mnemonic/0.8.0-incubating-rc1/src/
>
> The tag to be voted upon is v0.8.0-incubating:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-mnemonic.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v0.8.0-incubating
>
> The release hash is 2941b87:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-mnemonic.git;a=commit;h=2941b87f7e28c898cbecb35c845e5b4cd90bc197

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mnemonic/KEYS
>
> KEYS file available:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mnemonic/KEYS
>
> For information about the contents of this release, see:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mnemonic/0.8.0-incubating-rc1/CHANGES.txt
>
> The vote will be open for ~72 hours. Please download the release
> candidate and evaluate the necessary items including checking hashes,
> signatures, build from source, and test.
>
> please vote:
> [ ] +1 Release this package as apache-mnemonic-<version>-incubating
> [ ] +0 no opinion

> Debo Dutta, on behalf of the Apache Mnemonic (incubating) team

RE: [VOTE] Release of Apache Mnemonic-0.8.0-incubating [rc1]

Wang, Gang1
Hi Josh,

Thank you for the review and suggestion, Yes it makes sense to construct a set of pure Java memory services as fallback for the experience of first users. we would add this feature to Mnemonic later, Thanks!

Best Regards
Gary
  (323)801-6286 (WhatsApp)

> [...]

    > mit;h=2941b87f7e28c898cbecb35c845e5b4cd90bc197

    > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mnemonic/KEYS
    >
    > KEYS file available:
    > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mnemonic/KEYS
    >
    > For information about the contents of this release, see:
    > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mnemonic/0.8.0-incuba
    > ting-rc1/CHANGES.txt
    >
    > The vote will be open for ~72 hours. Please download the release
    > candidate and evaluate the necessary items including checking hashes,
    > signatures, build from source, and test.
    >
    > please vote:
    > [ ] +1 Release this package as apache-mnemonic-<version>-incubating
    > [ ] +0 no opinion

    > Debo Dutta, on behalf of the Apache Mnemonic (incubating) team

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Mnemonic-0.8.0-incubating [rc1]

Awesome! It's always nice seeing how projects grow between IPMC votes :)