[VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control (incubating) 2.1.0-RC3

[VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control (incubating) 2.1.0-RC3

Hank Beatty
Hello Incubator PMC,

The Apache Traffic Control community has voted on and approved a
proposal to release Apache Traffic Control 2.1.0-incubating. We now
kindly request that the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

The VOTE RESULT is here:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/49182efa73361f66590441b27988010317266a6de06a8f11706a7b4f@%3Cdev.trafficcontrol.apache.org%3E

The previous approved releases and release notes (along with links to artifacts,
signatures/checksums, and updated documentation) can be found here:

http://trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org/downloads/

This release once approved will also be at this location.

The proposed download page is here:

http://trafficcontrol.apache.org/downloads/index-new.html

The git tag for the repository is "RELEASE-2.1.0-RC3":

https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafficcontrol/releases/tag/RELEASE-2.1.0-RC3

The source distribution is here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafficcontrol/2.1.0/RC3/

Build instructions are included in the BUILD.md file which is included
in the source artifact.

Artifacts have been signed with the [hidden email] key listed in:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/trafficcontrol/KEYS

Please review and vote:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Hank Beatty [hidden email]

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control (incubating) 2.1.0-RC3

Hank Beatty
Hello Incubator PMC,

I believe we have fixed all issues related to the vote thread found here:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/743bd8a999a375e9500485d778a753e5adfcc39e4b2bc42948aa4846@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

We kindly request a review and vote on this RC3 version.

Regards,
Hank Beatty [hidden email]

On 01/02/2018 09:39 AM, Hank Beatty wrote:

> Hello Incubator PMC,
>
> The Apache Traffic Control community has voted on and approved a
> proposal to release Apache Traffic Control 2.1.0-incubating. We now
> kindly request that the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
> incubator release.
>
> The VOTE RESULT is here:
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/49182efa73361f66590441b27988010317266a6de06a8f11706a7b4f@%3Cdev.trafficcontrol.apache.org%3E
>

> The previous approved releases and release notes (along with links to artifacts,
> signatures/checksums, and updated documentation) can be found here:
>
> http://trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org/downloads/
>
> This release once approved will also be at this location.
>
> The proposed download page is here:
>
> http://trafficcontrol.apache.org/downloads/index-new.html
>
> The git tag for the repository is "RELEASE-2.1.0-RC3":
>
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafficcontrol/releases/tag/RELEASE-2.1.0-RC3
>
> The source distribution is here:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafficcontrol/2.1.0/RC3/
>
> Build instructions are included in the BUILD.md file which is included
> in the source artifact.
>
> Artifacts have been signed with the [hidden email] key listed in:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/trafficcontrol/KEYS
>
> Please review and vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

> Hank Beatty [hidden email]

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control (incubating) 2.1.0-RC3

> We kindly request a review and vote on this RC3 version.

You should ask your mentors to vote as they will be IPMC members.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control (incubating) 2.1.0-RC3

- incubating in name
- hashes and signatures good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE good and NOTICE OK (see below)
- no unexpected binary files
- All ALv2 source files have ASF headers

For the NOTICE don’t forget to update the year to be the current one and there’s no need to list information about the fonts inside it.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control (incubating) 2.1.0-RC3

Leif Hedstrom-3
+1 (binding). Tested the build, RPMs successfully built, and double checked the RAT report.

Cheers

— Leif

> On Jan 10, 2018, at 18:04, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I checked:
> - incubating in name
> - hashes and signatures good
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - LICENSE good and NOTICE OK (see below)
> - no unexpected binary files
> - All ALv2 source files have ASF headers
>
> For the NOTICE don’t forget to update the year to be the current one and there’s no need to list information about the fonts inside it.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control (incubating) 2.1.0-RC3

Phil Sorber
+1 (binding). After having fought with docker for a bit I was able to build
packages. Sig and hashes check out as well. We should work on getting all
our GPG keys signed by each other next summit, but that is not a show
stopper in my opinion.

Thanks!

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 11:45 AM Leif Hedstrom <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (binding). Tested the build, RPMs successfully built, and double
> checked the RAT report.
>
> Cheers
>
> — Leif
>
> > On Jan 10, 2018, at 18:04, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>

> > +1 (binding)
> >
> > I checked:
> > - incubating in name
> > - hashes and signatures good
> > - DISCLAIMER exists
> > - LICENSE good and NOTICE OK (see below)
> > - no unexpected binary files
> > - All ALv2 source files have ASF headers
> >
> > For the NOTICE don’t forget to update the year to be the current one and
> there’s no need to list information about the fonts inside it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control (incubating) 2.1.0-RC3

Hank Beatty
Hello,

It would appear RC3 has passed the IPMC vote. I'll do the release today.

Regards,
Hank

On 2018-01-17 17:01, Phil Sorber <[hidden email]> wrote:
 > +1 (binding). After having fought with docker for a bit I was able to build
 > packages. Sig and hashes check out as well. We should work on getting all
 > our GPG keys signed by each other next summit, but that is not a show
 > stopper in my opinion.
 >
 > Thanks!
 >
 > On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 11:45 AM Leif Hedstrom <[hidden email]> wrote:
 >
 > > +1 (binding). Tested the build, RPMs successfully built, and double
 > > checked the RAT report.
 > >
 > > Cheers
 > >
 > > %u2014 Leif
 > >
 > > > On Jan 10, 2018, at 18:04, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>
 > > wrote:
 > > >
 > > > Hi,
 > > >
 > > > +1 (binding)
 > > >
 > > > I checked:
 > > > - incubating in name
 > > > - hashes and signatures good
 > > > - DISCLAIMER exists
 > > > - LICENSE good and NOTICE OK (see below)
 > > > - no unexpected binary files
 > > > - All ALv2 source files have ASF headers
 > > >
 > > > For the NOTICE don%u2019t forget to update the year to be the current one and
 > > there%u2019s no need to list information about the fonts inside it.
 > > >
 > > > Thanks,
 > > > Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control (incubating) 2.1.0-RC3

sebb-2-2
AFAIK the normal way to announce this is to send a message with the
subject starting:

[RESULT][VOTE] ...

Also the votes should be tallied.

See for example:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/95689e3c01a601a6c5ff8873785d8728c2eb2f95b040a9fbcb159d7f@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

On 19 January 2018 at 13:47, Hank Beatty <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It would appear RC3 has passed the IPMC vote. I'll do the release today.
>
> Regards,
> Hank
>
> On 2018-01-17 17:01, Phil Sorber <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> +1 (binding). After having fought with docker for a bit I was able to
>> build
>> packages. Sig and hashes check out as well. We should work on getting all
>> our GPG keys signed by each other next summit, but that is not a show
>> stopper in my opinion.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 11:45 AM Leif Hedstrom <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > +1 (binding). Tested the build, RPMs successfully built, and double
>> > checked the RAT report.
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> >
>> > %u2014 Leif

>> > there%u2019s no need to list information about the fonts inside it.

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control (incubating) 2.1.0-RC3

Hank Beatty
Thanks to all who voted!

The release has PASSED with the following IPMC votes:

+1 Phil Sorber (binding)
+1 Justin Mclean (binding)
+1 Leif Hedstrom (binding)

I will proceed to publish the release and send ANNOUNCE.

On behalf of the Apache Traffic Control podling, thank you!

Regards,
Hank Beatty [hidden email]