[VOTE] Release Apache Tamaya 0.3-incubating

[VOTE] Release Apache Tamaya 0.3-incubating

Oliver B. Fischer
Dear all,

The Apache Tamaya team would like to release version 0.3-incubating of
Apache Tamaya.

The new release is a major milestone of the project with the following
new key features:

  *

    Review & Verify OSGi Support

  *

    Remove dependency on DropWizard in favour of Tomcat Embedded

  *

    Remove dependency on Jersey

  *

    Add possibility to configure non annotated classes/interfaces

  *

    Support also XML based property files

  *

    Improve resource loading in OSGi

  *

    Integrate Pitest in Tamaya Core and the Extensions

  *

    Add converters for File and Path

  *

    Add statistics function about Configuration Usage

  *

    Add support for adding of main argument parameters as configuration

  *

    Lots of smaller fixes

The artifacts are deployed to [1].

The tag is available at [2].

The full release notes are available at [3].

The project vote has been passed with

4 binding +1 votes (pmc):

0 non-binding +1

0 -1 vote

The vote thread can be found at

https://s.apache.org/aNgu

Please take a look at the artifacts and vote!

Please note:
This vote is a "majority approval" with a minimum of three +1 votes and
no -1’s (see [4]).

[ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be
released, and why..............

[1] https://s.apache.org/Sp3k

[2] https://s.apache.org/uwD2

[3] https://s.apache.org/hbyu

[4] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes

--
N Oliver B. Fischer
A Schönhauser Allee 64, 10437 Berlin, Deutschland/Germany
X http://xing.to/obf

Clarification/typo on release votes (Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tamaya 0.3-incubating)

Josh Elser
On 6/15/17 1:11 PM, Oliver B. Fischer wrote:

> Please note:
> This vote is a "majority approval" with a minimum of three +1 votes and
> no -1’s (see [4]).

Just wanted to point out that your description of majority approval is
wrong. You need at least 3 +1's and more +1's than -1's. -1's are not
vetos in this case :)

(since I had to be anal about it and correct you, let me take a look at
your RC too :P)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tamaya 0.3-incubating

Josh Elser

You must update the KEYS file in dist/release/incubator/tamaya [1]
before you release 0.3-incubating. It does not contain your signing key
(only dist/dev/incubator/tamaya/KEYS does).

* MD5 and SHA512 are good, sig is ok too
* commit exists in SCM, please include the SHA1 in the VOTE email in the
future
* DISCLAIMER present
* L&N look OK. Couldn't find anything bundled
* apache-rat:check passes, but I'd recommend that you take an action
item to prune down the list of exclusions. You have some stuff listed
which don't exist in a source release or could contain license headers.
For files that get created at build time, I'd recommend you generate
them in target/ which is automatically ignored for each Maven module
* Can build from source (and ran your tests!)

Looks fine to me, good work!

- Josh

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/tamaya/KEYS

On 6/15/17 1:11 PM, Oliver B. Fischer wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> The Apache Tamaya team would like to release version 0.3-incubating of
> Apache Tamaya.
>
> The new release is a major milestone of the project with the following
> new key features:
>
>   *
>
>     Review & Verify OSGi Support
>
>   *
>
>     Remove dependency on DropWizard in favour of Tomcat Embedded
>
>   *
>
>     Remove dependency on Jersey
>
>   *
>
>     Add possibility to configure non annotated classes/interfaces
>
>   *
>
>     Support also XML based property files
>
>   *
>
>     Improve resource loading in OSGi
>
>   *
>
>     Integrate Pitest in Tamaya Core and the Extensions
>
>   *
>
>     Add converters for File and Path
>
>   *
>
>     Add statistics function about Configuration Usage
>
>   *
>
>     Add support for adding of main argument parameters as configuration
>
>   *
>
>     Lots of smaller fixes
>
> The artifacts are deployed to [1].
>
> The tag is available at [2].
>
> The full release notes are available at [3].
>
> The project vote has been passed with
>
> 4 binding +1 votes (pmc):
>
> 0 non-binding +1
>
> 0 -1 vote
>
> The vote thread can be found at
>
> https://s.apache.org/aNgu
>
> Please take a look at the artifacts and vote!
>
> Please note:
> This vote is a "majority approval" with a minimum of three +1 votes and
> no -1’s (see [4]).

> [ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be
> released, and why..............
>
> [1] https://s.apache.org/Sp3k
>
> [2] https://s.apache.org/uwD2
>
> [3] https://s.apache.org/hbyu
>
> [4] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tamaya 0.3-incubating

+1 binding

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes correct
- disclaimer exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE good (you may want to remove the “—“ line in NOTICE)
- all source files have ASF headers
- can compile from source

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tamaya 0.3-incubating

Copying my +1 from the dev list.

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 4:11 PM Oliver B. Fischer <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> The Apache Tamaya team would like to release version 0.3-incubating of
> Apache Tamaya.
>
> The new release is a major milestone of the project with the following
> new key features:
>
>   *
>
>     Review & Verify OSGi Support
>
>   *
>
>     Remove dependency on DropWizard in favour of Tomcat Embedded
>
>   *
>
>     Remove dependency on Jersey
>
>   *
>
>     Add possibility to configure non annotated classes/interfaces
>
>   *
>
>     Support also XML based property files
>
>   *
>
>     Improve resource loading in OSGi
>
>   *
>
>     Integrate Pitest in Tamaya Core and the Extensions
>
>   *
>
>     Add converters for File and Path
>
>   *
>
>     Add statistics function about Configuration Usage
>
>   *
>
>     Add support for adding of main argument parameters as configuration
>
>   *
>
>     Lots of smaller fixes
>
> The artifacts are deployed to [1].
>
> The tag is available at [2].
>
> The full release notes are available at [3].
>
> The project vote has been passed with
>
> 4 binding +1 votes (pmc):
>
> 0 non-binding +1
>
> 0 -1 vote
>
> The vote thread can be found at
>
> https://s.apache.org/aNgu
>
> Please take a look at the artifacts and vote!
>
> Please note:
> This vote is a "majority approval" with a minimum of three +1 votes and
> no -1’s (see [4]).

> [ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be
> released, and why..............
>
> [1] https://s.apache.org/Sp3k
>
> [2] https://s.apache.org/uwD2
>
> [3] https://s.apache.org/hbyu
>
> [4] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes
>

> --
> N Oliver B. Fischer
> A Schönhauser Allee 64, 10437 Berlin, Deutschland/Germany
> P +49 30 44793251 <+49%2030%2044793251>
> M +49 178 7903538 <+49%20178%207903538>
> E [hidden email]
> S oliver.b.fischer
> J [hidden email]
> X http://xing.to/obf

Re: Clarification/typo on release votes (Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tamaya 0.3-incubating)

Gah, this is what I was trying to convey.  But I don't think it's still
100% correct.

You need a minimum of 3 +1's
Your net positive votes must be 3 (e.g. if you have a -1 and 5 total votes,
the other 4 votes must be +1's)
You need more +1's than -1's

I'm not sure what is written better.

(trying to be more anal than Josh, but just to make sure everyone agrees)

John

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 8:54 PM Josh Elser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 6/15/17 1:11 PM, Oliver B. Fischer wrote:
> >
> > Please note:
> > This vote is a "majority approval" with a minimum of three +1 votes and
> > no -1’s (see [4]).
>
> Just wanted to point out that your description of majority approval is
> wrong. You need at least 3 +1's and more +1's than -1's. -1's are not
> vetos in this case :)
>
> (since I had to be anal about it and correct you, let me take a look at
> your RC too :P)

Re: Clarification/typo on release votes (Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tamaya 0.3-incubating)

Jim Apple
The third condition is implied by the second one.

I do not believe the second condition is implied by "Votes on whether
a package is ready to be released use majority approval -- i.e., at
least three PMC members must vote affirmatively for release, and there
must be more positive than negative votes." or "Refers to a vote
(sense 1) which has completed with at least three binding +1 votes and
more +1 votes than -1 votes. ( I.e. , a simple majority with a minimum
quorum of three positive votes.) Note that in votes requiring majority
approval a -1 vote is simply a vote against, not a veto. Compare
Consensus Approval. See also the description of the voting process."

http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 7:09 PM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Gah, this is what I was trying to convey.  But I don't think it's still
> 100% correct.
>
> You need a minimum of 3 +1's
> Your net positive votes must be 3 (e.g. if you have a -1 and 5 total votes,
> the other 4 votes must be +1's)
> You need more +1's than -1's
>
> I'm not sure what is written better.
>
> (trying to be more anal than Josh, but just to make sure everyone agrees)
>
> John
>
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 8:54 PM Josh Elser <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 6/15/17 1:11 PM, Oliver B. Fischer wrote:
>> >
>> > Please note:
>> > This vote is a "majority approval" with a minimum of three +1 votes and
>> > no -1’s (see [4]).
>>
>> Just wanted to point out that your description of majority approval is
>> wrong. You need at least 3 +1's and more +1's than -1's. -1's are not
>> vetos in this case :)
>>
>> (since I had to be anal about it and correct you, let me take a look at
>> your RC too :P)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tamaya 0.3-incubating

Billie Rinaldi
wrote:
> Gah, this is what I was trying to convey.  But I don't think it's still
> 100% correct.
>
> You need a minimum of 3 +1's
> Your net positive votes must be 3 (e.g. if you have a -1 and 5 total
votes,
> the other 4 votes must be +1's)

I agree with Jim, this net positive condition does not exist.

> You need more +1's than -1's
>
> I'm not sure what is written better.
>
> (trying to be more anal than Josh, but just to make sure everyone agrees)
>
> John
>
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 8:54 PM Josh Elser <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 6/15/17 1:11 PM, Oliver B. Fischer wrote:
>> >
>> > Please note:
>> > This vote is a "majority approval" with a minimum of three +1 votes and
>> > no -1’s (see [4]).
>>
>> Just wanted to point out that your description of majority approval is
>> wrong. You need at least 3 +1's and more +1's than -1's. -1's are not
>> vetos in this case :)
>>
>> (since I had to be anal about it and correct you, let me take a look at
>> your RC too :P)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tamaya 0.3-incubating

Oliver B. Fischer
Hi Josh,

I will fix this.

Oliver

Am 16.06.17 um 03:06 schrieb Josh Elser:

> [...]
>>
>> Please note:
>> This vote is a "majority approval" with a minimum of three +1 votes
>> and no -1’s (see [4]).

>> [ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be
>> released, and why..............
>>
>> [1] https://s.apache.org/Sp3k
>>
>> [2] https://s.apache.org/uwD2
>>
>> [3] https://s.apache.org/hbyu
>>
>> [4] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes

N Oliver B. Fischer
A Schönhauser Allee 64, 10437 Berlin, Deutschland/Germany
P +49 30 44793251
M +49 178 7903538
E [hidden email]
S oliver.b.fischer
J [hidden email]
X http://xing.to/obf

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tamaya 0.3-incubating

Thank you all.

The Apache Tamaya (incubating) community will proceed with the release.

Oliver