[VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0

[VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0

Ville Brofeldt
Hello IPMC,

The Apache Superset (incubating) community has voted on and approved a proposal to
release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0.
The voting thread can be found here: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r76d4a5f850546aed4f5ba94c5c8f7b3cb901d8842ed32832512e715b%40%3Cdev.superset.apache.org%3E

Here are the binding +1 votes from mentors, carrying over from the podling vote:
- Felix

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

Apache Superset (incubating) is a modern, enterprise-ready business intelligence web application

The release candidate:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/superset/0.37.0rc4/

Git tag for the release:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/tree/0.37.0rc4

The Change Log for the release:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/blob/0.37.0rc4/CHANGELOG.md

public keys are available at:

https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/superset/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary number
of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
The Apache Superset (Incubating) Team

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0

Felix Cheung
(Carry my vote, as stated already)
+1

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 10:20 AM Ville Brofeldt <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello IPMC,
>
> The Apache Superset (incubating) community has voted on and approved a
> proposal to
> release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0.
> The voting thread can be found here:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r76d4a5f850546aed4f5ba94c5c8f7b3cb901d8842ed32832512e715b%40%3Cdev.superset.apache.org%3E
>

> Here are the binding +1 votes from mentors, carrying over from the podling
> vote:
> - Felix
>
> We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
> incubator release.
>
> Apache Superset (incubating) is a modern, enterprise-ready business
> intelligence web application
>
> The release candidate:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/superset/0.37.0rc4/
>
> Git tag for the release:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/tree/0.37.0rc4
>
> The Change Log for the release:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/blob/0.37.0rc4/CHANGELOG.md
>
> public keys are available at:
>
> https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/superset/KEYS
>
> The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary number
> of votes are reached.
>
> Please vote accordingly:
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason
>
> Thanks,
> The Apache Superset (Incubating) Team

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0

- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes are fine
- disclaimer exists
- license and notice good
- no unexpected binary files
- files have ASF headers

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0

Ville Brofeldt
Justin and Felix,

warm thanks for taking the time to vote! The minimum 72h voting time is now complete, and it would be great to get that last missing vote from the IPMC to be able to release this highly anticipated release of Apache Superset (Incubating).

Thanks,
The Apache Superset (Incubating) Team

> On 4. Aug 2020, at 20.19, Ville Brofeldt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello IPMC,
>
> The Apache Superset (incubating) community has voted on and approved a proposal to
> release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0.
> The voting thread can be found here: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r76d4a5f850546aed4f5ba94c5c8f7b3cb901d8842ed32832512e715b%40%3Cdev.superset.apache.org%3E
>

> Here are the binding +1 votes from mentors, carrying over from the podling vote:
> - Felix
>
> We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
> incubator release.
>
> Apache Superset (incubating) is a modern, enterprise-ready business intelligence web application
>
> The release candidate:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/superset/0.37.0rc4/
>
> Git tag for the release:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/tree/0.37.0rc4
>
> The Change Log for the release:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/blob/0.37.0rc4/CHANGELOG.md
>
> public keys are available at:
>
> https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/superset/KEYS
>
> The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary number
> of votes are reached.
>
> Please vote accordingly:
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason
>
> Thanks,
> The Apache Superset (Incubating) Team

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0

Felix Cheung
Furkan, can you help?

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 11:54 AM Ville Brofeldt <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Justin and Felix,
>

> warm thanks for taking the time to vote! The minimum 72h voting time is
> now complete, and it would be great to get that last missing vote from the
> IPMC to be able to release this highly anticipated release of Apache
> Superset (Incubating).
>

> Thanks,
>
> The Apache Superset (Incubating) Team
>

> > On 4. Aug 2020, at 20.19, Ville Brofeldt <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> > Hello IPMC,
>

> > The Apache Superset (incubating) community has voted on and approved a
> proposal to
>
> > release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0.
>
> > The voting thread can be found here:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r76d4a5f850546aed4f5ba94c5c8f7b3cb901d8842ed32832512e715b%40%3Cdev.superset.apache.org%3E
>

> > Here are the binding +1 votes from mentors, carrying over from the
> podling vote:
>
> > - Felix
>

> > We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
>
> > incubator release.
>

> > Apache Superset (incubating) is a modern, enterprise-ready business
> intelligence web application
>

> > The release candidate:
>
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/superset/0.37.0rc4/
>

> > Git tag for the release:
>
> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/tree/0.37.0rc4
>

> > The Change Log for the release:
>
> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/blob/0.37.0rc4/CHANGELOG.md
>

> > public keys are available at:
>

> > https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/superset/KEYS
>

> > The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary number
>
> > of votes are reached.
>

> > Please vote accordingly:
>

> > [ ] +1 approve
>
> > [ ] +0 no opinion
>
> > [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason
>

> > Thanks,
>
> > The Apache Superset (Incubating) Team

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0

Maxime Beauchemin
We need one more vote please, we're anxious to publish this release!

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 11:17 AM Felix Cheung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Furkan, can you help?
>
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 11:54 AM Ville Brofeldt <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Justin and Felix,
> >

> > warm thanks for taking the time to vote! The minimum 72h voting time is
> > now complete, and it would be great to get that last missing vote from
> the
> > IPMC to be able to release this highly anticipated release of Apache
> > Superset (Incubating).
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > The Apache Superset (Incubating) Team
> >

> > > On 4. Aug 2020, at 20.19, Ville Brofeldt <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >

> > > Hello IPMC,
> >

> > > The Apache Superset (incubating) community has voted on and approved a
> > proposal to
> >
> > > release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0.
> >
> > > The voting thread can be found here:
> >
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r76d4a5f850546aed4f5ba94c5c8f7b3cb901d8842ed32832512e715b%40%3Cdev.superset.apache.org%3E
> >

> > > Here are the binding +1 votes from mentors, carrying over from the
> > podling vote:
> >
> > > - Felix
> >

> > > We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
> >
> > > incubator release.
> >

> > > Apache Superset (incubating) is a modern, enterprise-ready business
> > intelligence web application
> >

> > > The release candidate:
> >
> > > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/superset/0.37.0rc4/
> >

> > > Git tag for the release:
> >
> > > https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/tree/0.37.0rc4
> >

> > > The Change Log for the release:
> >

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/blob/0.37.0rc4/CHANGELOG.md
> >

> > > public keys are available at:
> >

> > > https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/superset/KEYS
> >

> > > The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary
> number
> >
> > > of votes are reached.
> >

> > > Please vote accordingly:
> >

> > > [ ] +1 approve
> >
> > > [ ] +0 no opinion
> >
> > > [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason
> >

> > > Thanks,
> >
> > > The Apache Superset (Incubating) Team

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0

Felix Cheung
One more vote please!

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 10:59 AM Maxime Beauchemin <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> We need one more vote please, we're anxious to publish this release!
>

> On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 11:17 AM Felix Cheung <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> > Furkan, can you help?
>

> > On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 11:54 AM Ville Brofeldt <

> > > Justin and Felix,
>

> > > warm thanks for taking the time to vote! The minimum 72h voting time is
>
> > > now complete, and it would be great to get that last missing vote from
>
> > the
>
> > > IPMC to be able to release this highly anticipated release of Apache
>
> > > Superset (Incubating).
>

> > > Thanks,
>

> > > The Apache Superset (Incubating) Team

> > > proposal to

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r76d4a5f850546aed4f5ba94c5c8f7b3cb901d8842ed32832512e715b%40%3Cdev.superset.apache.org%3E

> > > podling vote:

> this

> > > intelligence web application

> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/blob/0.37.0rc4/CHANGELOG.md

> > number

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0

moon soo Lee
+1 (I asked to join IPMC, but so far I guess my vote is non-binding)

I checked

   - Build from source

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 9:07 AM Felix Cheung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> One more vote please!
>

> On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 10:59 AM Maxime Beauchemin <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > We need one more vote please, we're anxious to publish this release!
> >

> > On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 11:17 AM Felix Cheung <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >

> > > Furkan, can you help?
> >

> > > On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 11:54 AM Ville Brofeldt <
> > [hidden email]

> is

> from
> >
> > > the

> [hidden email]

> approved

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r76d4a5f850546aed4f5ba94c5c8f7b3cb901d8842ed32832512e715b%40%3Cdev.superset.apache.org%3E

> > this

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/superset/0.37.0rc4/

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/blob/0.37.0rc4/CHANGELOG.md

> > > number

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0

Ville Brofeldt
Thanks a lot for the vote Moon!

I checked the IPMC roster, and it appears that unfortunately your vote probably won’t count as a binding IPMC vote: http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=moon . So it seems we still only have two binding +1 votes.

This is another plea to the IPMC to please cast a vote, as we’re now on day 9 of the vote and can’t release until we get one more binding +1 vote.

Ville

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 5:50 PM moon soo lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1 (I asked to join IPMC, but so far I guess my vote is non-binding)

I checked

- Build from source

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0

Dave Fisher-2
Moon’s vote will become binding in 5 hours when 72 hours will have passed since NOTICE was sent to the Board.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 13, 2020, at 1:32 AM, Ville Brofeldt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks a lot for the vote Moon!
>
> I checked the IPMC roster, and it appears that unfortunately your vote probably won’t count as a binding IPMC vote: http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=moon . So it seems we still only have two binding +1 votes.
>
> This is another plea to the IPMC to please cast a vote, as we’re now on day 9 of the vote and can’t release until we get one more binding +1 vote.
>
> Ville
>

>> Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 5:50 PM moon soo lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1 (I asked to join IPMC, but so far I guess my vote is non-binding)
>>
>> I checked
>>
>> - Build from source

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0

Ville Brofeldt
Thanks Dave,

That's great news! I look forward to releasing in 5 hours then!

Ville

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020, 16:49 Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Moon’s vote will become binding in 5 hours when 72 hours will have passed
> since NOTICE was sent to the Board.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Aug 13, 2020, at 1:32 AM, Ville Brofeldt <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks a lot for the vote Moon!
> >
> > I checked the IPMC roster, and it appears that unfortunately your vote
> probably won’t count as a binding IPMC vote:
> http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=moon . So it seems we still
> only have two binding +1 votes.
> >
> > This is another plea to the IPMC to please cast a vote, as we’re now on
> day 9 of the vote and can’t release until we get one more binding +1 vote.
> >
> > Ville
> >

> >> Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 5:50 PM moon soo lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> +1 (I asked to join IPMC, but so far I guess my vote is non-binding)
> >>
> >> I checked
> >>
> >> - Build from source

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0

Felix Cheung
Moon is now on IPMC.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 7:26 AM Ville Brofeldt <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks Dave,
>

> That's great news! I look forward to releasing in 5 hours then!
>

> Ville
>

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2020, 16:49 Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Moon’s vote will become binding in 5 hours when 72 hours will have passed
>
> > since NOTICE was sent to the Board.
>

> > Regards,
>
> > Dave
>

> > Sent from my iPhone
>

> > > On Aug 13, 2020, at 1:32 AM, Ville Brofeldt <
> [hidden email]>
>
> > wrote:
>

> > > Thanks a lot for the vote Moon!
>

> > > I checked the IPMC roster, and it appears that unfortunately your vote
>
> > probably won’t count as a binding IPMC vote:
>
> > http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=moon . So it seems we still
>
> > only have two binding +1 votes.
>

> > > This is another plea to the IPMC to please cast a vote, as we’re now on
>
> > day 9 of the vote and can’t release until we get one more binding +1
> vote.
>

> > > Ville

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0

Ville Brofeldt
Great, thanks Felix!

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020, 23:14 Felix Cheung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Moon is now on IPMC.
>

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 7:26 AM Ville Brofeldt <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Dave,
>>

>> That's great news! I look forward to releasing in 5 hours then!
>>

>> Ville
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 13, 2020, 16:49 Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> > Moon’s vote will become binding in 5 hours when 72 hours will have
>> passed
>>
>> > since NOTICE was sent to the Board.
>>

>> > Regards,
>>
>> > Dave
>>

>> > Sent from my iPhone

>> [hidden email]>

>> > probably won’t count as a binding IPMC vote:
>>
>> > http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=moon . So it seems we still
>>
>> > only have two binding +1 votes.

>> on
>>
>> > day 9 of the vote and can’t release until we get one more binding +1
>> vote.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0

Furkan KAMACI
Hi,

+1 from me (binding).

I checked:

- Incubating in name
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE are fine
- No unexpected binary files
- Checked PGP signatures
- Checked checksums

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 11:17 PM Ville Brofeldt <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Great, thanks Felix!
>
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2020, 23:14 Felix Cheung <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Moon is now on IPMC.
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 7:26 AM Ville Brofeldt <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks Dave,
> >>

> >> That's great news! I look forward to releasing in 5 hours then!
> >>

> >> Ville

> >> passed

> >> [hidden email]>

> vote

> still

> >> on

> >> vote.

> non-binding)

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0

Ville Brofeldt
Thanks to everyone that participated. The vote to release
Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.37.0 is now closed.

The vote PASSED with 4 binding +1, 0 non binding +1 and 0 -1 votes:

Binding votes:
- Felix
- Justin
- Moon
- Furkan

We will work to complete the release process.