[VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

[VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

Mohammad Asif Siddiqui
Hello All,

This is a call for vote to release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (Incubating) version 1.0.0-m1.

Apache ServiceComb (Incubating) Community has voted and approved the release.

Vote Thread: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/b2d87628d019c069f478c56cadaf794112add210c504e3ac4c3056e5@%3Cdev.servicecomb.apache.org%3E

Result Thread: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/527a77d1467880602a7d679bd21d281b58fb365fa29b18a96a2a3676@%3Cdev.servicecomb.apache.org%3E

Release Notes: https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-center/blob/master/docs/release/releaseNotes.md

Release Candidate: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/servicecomb/incubator-servicecomb-service-center/1.0.0-m1/

Release Tag: https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-center/releases/tag/1.0.0-m1

Release CommitID:  8d40fc3b10e99c9084a7b62504226007660ad6de

Keys to Verify the Release Candidate: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/servicecomb/KEYS

Guide to build the release from Source: https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-center/tree/master/scripts/release

Voting will start now(Wednesday, February 28, 2018) and will remain open for next 72 hours, Request all IPMC members to give their vote.

[ ] +1 Release this package as 1.0.0-m1.
[ ] +0 No Opinion.

Regards
Asif

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

Willem Jiang
+1 binding.

Here are the checks those I did
* Build from the src
* Apache-rat check[1]
* KEYS is good
* the checksum and signed info is right
* License and NOTICE
* Commit is published
* DISCLAIMER is in the src and binary kits.

[1]https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-
center/blob/1.0.0-m1/docs/release/Readme.md

Willem Jiang

Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (English)
          http://jnn.iteye.com  (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 9:25 PM, Mohammad Asif Siddiqui <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> This is a call for vote to release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center
> (Incubating) version 1.0.0-m1.
>
> Apache ServiceComb (Incubating) Community has voted and approved the
> release.
>
> Vote Thread: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/
> b2d87628d019c069f478c56cadaf794112add210c504e3ac4c3056e5@%
> 3Cdev.servicecomb.apache.org%3E
>
> Result Thread: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/
> 527a77d1467880602a7d679bd21d281b58fb365fa29b18a96a2a3676@%
> 3Cdev.servicecomb.apache.org%3E
>
> Release Notes: https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-
> center/blob/master/docs/release/releaseNotes.md
>
> Release Candidate: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/
> servicecomb/incubator-servicecomb-service-center/1.0.0-m1/
>
> Release Tag: https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-
> center/releases/tag/1.0.0-m1
>
> Release CommitID:  8d40fc3b10e99c9084a7b62504226007660ad6de
>
> Keys to Verify the Release Candidate: https://dist.apache.org/repos/
> dist/dev/incubator/servicecomb/KEYS
>
> Guide to build the release from Source: https://github.com/apache/
> incubator-servicecomb-service-center/tree/master/scripts/release
>
> Voting will start now(Wednesday, February 28, 2018) and will remain open
> for next 72 hours, Request all IPMC members to give their vote.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as 1.0.0-m1.
> [ ] +0 No Opinion.
>
> Regards
> Asif

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

savita3020 ashture
+1 non-binding.

Here are the checks which I did:
1. Built release from source on Linux and Windows.
2. Ran sample java chassis demos using sc release to test the basic
communication.

Regards.
Savita

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018, 8:20 AM Willem Jiang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 binding.
>
> Here are the checks those I did
> * Build from the src
> * Apache-rat check[1]
> * KEYS is good
> * the checksum and signed info is right
> * License and NOTICE
> * Commit is published
> * DISCLAIMER is in the src and binary kits.
>
> [1]https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-
> center/blob/1.0.0-m1/docs/release/Readme.md
>

> Willem Jiang
>
> Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (English)
>           http://jnn.iteye.com  (Chinese)
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 9:25 PM, Mohammad Asif Siddiqui <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello All,
> >
> > This is a call for vote to release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center
> > (Incubating) version 1.0.0-m1.
> >
> > Apache ServiceComb (Incubating) Community has voted and approved the
> > release.
> >
> > Vote Thread: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/
> > b2d87628d019c069f478c56cadaf794112add210c504e3ac4c3056e5@%
> > 3Cdev.servicecomb.apache.org%3E
> >
> > Result Thread: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/
> > 527a77d1467880602a7d679bd21d281b58fb365fa29b18a96a2a3676@%
> > 3Cdev.servicecomb.apache.org%3E
> >
> > Release Notes: https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-
> > center/blob/master/docs/release/releaseNotes.md
> >
> > Release Candidate: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/
> > servicecomb/incubator-servicecomb-service-center/1.0.0-m1/
> >
> > Release Tag: https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-
> > center/releases/tag/1.0.0-m1
> >
> > Release CommitID:  8d40fc3b10e99c9084a7b62504226007660ad6de
> >
> > Keys to Verify the Release Candidate: https://dist.apache.org/repos/
> > dist/dev/incubator/servicecomb/KEYS
> >
> > Guide to build the release from Source: https://github.com/apache/
> > incubator-servicecomb-service-center/tree/master/scripts/release
> >
> > Voting will start now(Wednesday, February 28, 2018) and will remain open
> > for next 72 hours, Request all IPMC members to give their vote.
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release this package as 1.0.0-m1.
> > [ ] +0 No Opinion.
> >
> > Regards
> > Asif

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

Mahesh Raju Somalaraju
+1 non-binding

Checks done;
1. Built release from source on Linux.
2. Test basic functionalities of front end release in chrome.

Thanks & Regards
-Mahesh Raju

On 2018/03/01 10:44:17, savita3020 ashture wrote:
 > +1 non-binding.>
 >
 >
 > Here are the checks which I did:>
 > 1. Built release from source on Linux and Windows.>
 > 2. Ran sample java chassis demos using sc release to test the basic>
 > communication.>
 >
 > Regards.>
 > Savita>
 >
 > On Thu, Mar 1, 2018, 8:20 AM Willem Jiang wrote:>
 >
 > > +1 binding.>
 > >>
 > > Here are the checks those I did>
 > > * Build from the src>
 > > * Apache-rat check[1]>
 > > * KEYS is good>
 > > * the checksum and signed info is right>
 > > * License and NOTICE>
 > > * Commit is published>
 > > * DISCLAIMER is in the src and binary kits.>
 > >>
 > > [1]https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service->
 > > center/blob/1.0.0-m1/docs/release/Readme.md>
 > >>
 > >>
 > >>
 > >>
 > > Willem Jiang>
 > >>
 > > Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (English)>
 > > http://jnn.iteye.com (Chinese)>
 > > Twitter: willemjiang>
 > > Weibo: 姜宁willem>
 > >>
 > > On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 9:25 PM, Mohammad Asif Siddiqui <>
 > > [hidden email]> wrote:>
 > >>
 > > > Hello All,>
 > > >>
 > > > This is a call for vote to release Apache ServiceComb
Service-Center>
 > > > (Incubating) version 1.0.0-m1.>
 > > >>
 > > > Apache ServiceComb (Incubating) Community has voted and approved
the>
 > > > release.>
 > > >>
 > > > Vote Thread: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/>
 > > > b2d87628d019c069f478c56cadaf794112add210c504e3ac4c3056e5@%>
 > > > 3Cdev.servicecomb.apache.org%3E>
 > > >>
 > > > Result Thread: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/>
 > > > 527a77d1467880602a7d679bd21d281b58fb365fa29b18a96a2a3676@%>
 > > > 3Cdev.servicecomb.apache.org%3E>
 > > >>
 > > > Release Notes:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service->
 > > > center/blob/master/docs/release/releaseNotes.md>
 > > >>
 > > > Release Candidate:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/>
 > > > servicecomb/incubator-servicecomb-service-center/1.0.0-m1/>
 > > >>
 > > > Release Tag:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service->
 > > > center/releases/tag/1.0.0-m1>
 > > >>
 > > > Release CommitID: 8d40fc3b10e99c9084a7b62504226007660ad6de>
 > > >>
 > > > Keys to Verify the Release Candidate:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/>
 > > > dist/dev/incubator/servicecomb/KEYS>
 > > >>
 > > > Guide to build the release from Source: https://github.com/apache/>
 > > > incubator-servicecomb-service-center/tree/master/scripts/release>
 > > >>
 > > > Voting will start now(Wednesday, February 28, 2018) and will
remain open>
 > > > for next 72 hours, Request all IPMC members to give their vote.>
 > > >>
 > > > [ ] +1 Release this package as 1.0.0-m1.>
 > > > [ ] +0 No Opinion.>
 > > > [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...>
 > > >>
 > > > Regards>
 > > > Asif>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

Jean-Baptiste Onofré

Reviewed:
* build from src
* ASF headers
* checksum and signatures
* DISCLAIMER
* License is OK
* We can do a minor improvement on the NOTICE formating

Thanks !
Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

Timothy Chen-2
+1 binding

Reviewed license and release artifacts / signatures.

Tim

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 12:05 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>

> Reviewed:
> * build from src
> * ASF headers
> * checksum and signatures
> * DISCLAIMER
> * License is OK
> * We can do a minor improvement on the NOTICE formating
>
> Thanks !
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 02/28/2018 02:25 PM, Mohammad Asif Siddiqui wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > This is a call for vote to release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center
> (Incubating) version 1.0.0-m1.
> >
> > Apache ServiceComb (Incubating) Community has voted and approved the
> release.
> >
> > Vote Thread:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/b2d87628d019c069f478c56cadaf794112add210c504e3ac4c3056e5@%3Cdev.servicecomb.apache.org%3E
> >
> > Result Thread:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/527a77d1467880602a7d679bd21d281b58fb365fa29b18a96a2a3676@%3Cdev.servicecomb.apache.org%3E
> >
> > Release Notes:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-center/blob/master/docs/release/releaseNotes.md
> >
> > Release Candidate:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/servicecomb/incubator-servicecomb-service-center/1.0.0-m1/
> >
> > Release Tag:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-center/releases/tag/1.0.0-m1
> >
> > Release CommitID:  8d40fc3b10e99c9084a7b62504226007660ad6de
> >
> > Keys to Verify the Release Candidate:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/servicecomb/KEYS
> >
> > Guide to build the release from Source:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-center/tree/master/scripts/release
> >
> > Voting will start now(Wednesday, February 28, 2018) and will remain open
> for next 72 hours, Request all IPMC members to give their vote.
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release this package as 1.0.0-m1.
> > [ ] +0 No Opinion.
> >
> > Regards
> > Asif
> >

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

Justin Mclean-3
Hi,

-1 (binding) as there is incorrect and far too much information in NOTICE. License information goes in LICENSE not NOTICE. [1] Also only things that are actually bundled need to be mentioned not dependancies. [2]

BTW it's not entirely clear which of the releases artefacts are source release and what aren’t without carefully looking at them.

I checked:
- signatures and hash correct
- disclaimer exists
- LICENSE is missing things
- NOTICE is not correct
- no unexpected binaries
- source code have ASF headers

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps
2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

Willem Jiang
Hi Justin

Thanks for the vote,  here is some thing that I want to clear about the
NOTICE file.

I just checked some projects Notice file, it looks like some projects[1][2]
list the License information about the third party dependencies in the
Notice file, and some of them[3] just list bundled NOTICE files.
 I guess spark and hadoop are trying they best to list all the legal
statements of third party dependencies in the NOTICE file to avoid the
violation of the Open Source License.
Could you give us some guide about how to keep the NOTICE file simple and
without introducing any legal issues?

As you may know the Service Center project is developed with Go language.
Go language need to compile the source code to build whole exe binary. So
we list all the third party dependencies code copyrights in the Notice
file.  I just found there are some guideline about the copyright
notification here[4].

"However, elements such as the copyright notifications embedded within BSD
and MIT licenses need <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-59> not
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-62> be duplicated in NOTICE --
it suffices to leave those notices in their original locations."

As the lot of Go codes just put the License in the root directory, the
source code doesn't have the License header, it could be a challenge for us
to do the explicit statement without adding the copyright to NOTICE file.

Finally We will add the src postfix to the source zip for user to find out
it easily.

[1]https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/NOTICE
[2]https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/trunk/NOTICE.txt
[3]
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/apache-camel/src/main/release/NOTICE.txt
[4]http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 4:26 PM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> -1 (binding) as there is incorrect and far too much information in NOTICE.
> License information goes in LICENSE not NOTICE. [1] Also only things that
> are actually bundled need to be mentioned not dependancies. [2]
>
> BTW it's not entirely clear which of the releases artefacts are source
> release and what aren’t without carefully looking at them.
>
> I checked:
> - signatures and hash correct
> - disclaimer exists
> - LICENSE is missing things
> - NOTICE is not correct
> - no unexpected binaries
> - source code have ASF headers

> 1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps
> 2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

> I just checked some projects Notice file, it looks like some projects[1][2]
> list the License information about the third party dependencies in the
> Notice file

Which would be incorrect to do so. What you are seeing here in the Hadoop case is an upstream project have extra information in  NOTICE files and if you bundle code from an ALv2 licensed project you need to propagate the NOTICE file into your NOTICE file. That different from listing the 3rd party dependancies in NOTICE. The Space NOTICE file is IMO a poor one to copy from. There may be other historical reasons for why these NOTICE files are the way they are.

This I also point out the not the first time that Hadoop and Sparks NOTICE file have cases some confusion for incubating projects.

> and some of them[3] just list bundled NOTICE files.

Which would be correct.

> I guess spark and hadoop are trying they best to list all the legal
> statements of third party dependencies in the NOTICE file to avoid the
> violation of the Open Source License.

No NOTICE is not for that, only required notices [1] and relocated copyrights need to be put in NOTICE. The NOTICE file is for informational purposes only and doesn't modify any of the license terms. [2] License information should be listed in LICENSE.

> Could you give us some guide about how to keep the NOTICE file simple and
> without introducing any legal issues?

Remove all mention Apache, BSD and MIT software [3] and remove all mention any anything that is not bundled. [4] See also [7]

> As you may know the Service Center project is developed with Go language.
> Go language need to compile the source code to build whole exe binary. So
> we list all the third party dependencies code copyrights in the Notice
> file.

In  that case the binary would have a different LICENCE and NOTICE content than the source release. [5]

> As the lot of Go codes just put the License in the root directory, the
> source code doesn't have the License header, it could be a challenge for us
> to do the explicit statement without adding the copyright to NOTICE file.

They don’t need to be put in NOTICE they should be listed in LICENSE either with the full text or preferably with a pointer to the full text of the license in question. [6]

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#required-third-party-notices <https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#required-third-party-notices>
2. https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0#redistribution <https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0#redistribution>
3. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps <http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps>
4. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle <http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle>
5. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#binary <http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#binary>
6. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps <http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps>
7.http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice <http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Hi Justin,

I mentioned this in my vote:

"* We can do a minor improvement on the NOTICE formating"

The content looks OK to me, but not in the right place/formating. I didn't
consider this as blocker (as it's there, even if not super accurate) and we can
fix in the next cycle, but I got your point.

Regards
JB

On 03/02/2018 09:26 AM, Justin Mclean wrote:

> Hi,
>
> -1 (binding) as there is incorrect and far too much information in NOTICE. License information goes in LICENSE not NOTICE. [1] Also only things that are actually bundled need to be mentioned not dependancies. [2]
>
> BTW it's not entirely clear which of the releases artefacts are source release and what aren’t without carefully looking at them.
>
> I checked:
> - signatures and hash correct
> - disclaimer exists
> - LICENSE is missing things
> - NOTICE is not correct
> - no unexpected binaries
> - source code have ASF headers

> 1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps
> 2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

> "* We can do a minor improvement on the NOTICE formating”

IMO It needs more than minor improvements/changes, it's not just a formatting issue.

That being said no -1 vote is a veto if you get 3 +1 votes from other IPMC members then it’s a release.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

Justin Mclean
Hi.,

For those not wanting to download the release and unpack it, here's the current NOTICE file [1]

You’ll note it contains permissive license information (which should be in the license file), links to web sites rather than pointers to license text (license information can change over time and again should be in license) and mentions non bundled items (only bundled items need to be mentioned in license and notice).

Take for instance the license link to Font Awesome. It points to version 5 which isn’t in any release, 4.7 is in a binary release but not the source release.

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-website/blob/asf-site/NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

Willem Jiang
Hi Justin,

Thanks for pointing out the NOTICE file issue.  I think we messed the usage
of NOTICE and License file.  It looks put the License files in the License
directory could be a good way.

The NOTICE file you just point is for the servicecomb-website (which is
build by), not for the other servicecomb sub project.
As we just publish the website in apache, I'm not sure if the website is
kind of release.
If we treat it as a source release, I guess we don't need to mention those
dependencies js License and NOTICE, am I right?

Willem Jiang

Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (English)
          http://jnn.iteye.com  (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 3:57 PM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi.,
>
> For those not wanting to download the release and unpack it, here's the
> current NOTICE file [1]
>
> You’ll note it contains permissive license information (which should be in
> the license file), links to web sites rather than pointers to license text
> (license information can change over time and again should be in license)
> and mentions non bundled items (only bundled items need to be mentioned in
> license and notice).
>
> Take for instance the license link to Font Awesome. It points to version 5
> which isn’t in any release, 4.7 is in a binary release but not the source
> release.

> 1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-website/
> blob/asf-site/NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

Willem Jiang
Hi Justin

I just checked the code of servicecomb-website, we keep the js and fonts
into the repo, so we should treat the repo as source release but the source
has the bundled items (js, and fonts).
I guess the License statements[1] should be fine, please let me know if I
miss anything.

For the NOTICE[2],  I will the remove the dependencies statements, as they
should not be there.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-website/blob/asf-site/LICENSE
[2]

On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 4:36 PM, Willem Jiang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Justin,
>
> Thanks for pointing out the NOTICE file issue.  I think we messed the
> usage of NOTICE and License file.  It looks put the License files in the
> License directory could be a good way.
>
> The NOTICE file you just point is for the servicecomb-website (which is
> build by), not for the other servicecomb sub project.
> As we just publish the website in apache, I'm not sure if the website is
> kind of release.
> If we treat it as a source release, I guess we don't need to mention those
> dependencies js License and NOTICE, am I right?
>

> Willem Jiang
>
> Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (English)
>           http://jnn.iteye.com  (Chinese)
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>
> On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 3:57 PM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi.,
>>
>> For those not wanting to download the release and unpack it, here's the
>> current NOTICE file [1]
>>
>> You’ll note it contains permissive license information (which should be
>> in the license file), links to web sites rather than pointers to license
>> text (license information can change over time and again should be in
>> license) and mentions non bundled items (only bundled items need to be
>> mentioned in license and notice).
>>
>> Take for instance the license link to Font Awesome. It points to version
>> 5 which isn’t in any release, 4.7 is in a binary release but not the source
>> release.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Justin
>>
>> 1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-website/blob
>> /asf-site/NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

Justin Mclean-3

> The NOTICE file you just point is for the servicecomb-website (which is
> build by), not for the other servicecomb sub project.
> As we just publish the website in apache, I'm not sure if the website is
> kind of release. If we treat it as a source release, I guess we don't need to mention those
> dependencies js License and NOTICE, am I right?

There is no need to list dependancies in LICENSE or NOTICE only things that are actually bundled in a release need to be mentioned.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

> I just checked the code of servicecomb-website, we keep the js and fonts
> into the repo, so we should treat the repo as source release but the source
> has the bundled items (js, and fonts).

AFAICS these are not bundled in the source release (well not for the one put up to vote on) and I could find them in the binary release(s) either. I could be missing something but I can’t see them being bundled in the releases. The LICENSE and NOTICE file needs to reflect what in the release it goes with not what’s in the entire repo.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

Willem Jiang
FYI, you can find the LICENSE and NOTICE file of the ServiceComb Service
Center here[1][2].

I just create a JIRA[3] to fix the LICENSE and NOTICE file issue in Service
Center.
We will provide different LICENSE and NOTICE for src and binary releases.

[1]https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-
center/blob/master/LICENSE
[2]https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-
center/blob/master/NOTICE
[3]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCB-367

Willem Jiang

Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (English)
          http://jnn.iteye.com  (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 8:22 AM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>

> > I just checked the code of servicecomb-website, we keep the js and fonts
> > into the repo, so we should treat the repo as source release but the
> source
> > has the bundled items (js, and fonts).
>
> AFAICS these are not bundled in the source release (well not for the one
> put up to vote on) and I could find them in the binary release(s) either. I
> could be missing something but I can’t see them being bundled in the
> releases. The LICENSE and NOTICE file needs to reflect what in the release
> it goes with not what’s in the entire repo.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

Willem Jiang
Hi Justin,

We did quick fix for the ServiceCenter LICENSE and NOTICE issue.
You can find the LICENSE[1] and NOTICE[2] in the src release,
LICENSE[3] and NOTICE[4]  in the binary release.

Please let us know if those files are OK.
If everything is OK, We will start a new vote for the ServiceComb
ServiceCenter.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-center/blob/master/LICENSE
[2]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-center/blob/master/NOTICE
[3]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-center/blob/master/scripts/release/LICENSE
[4]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-center/blob/master/scripts/release/NOTICE

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 4:44 PM, Willem Jiang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> FYI, you can find the LICENSE and NOTICE file of the ServiceComb Service
> Center here[1][2].
>
> I just create a JIRA[3] to fix the LICENSE and NOTICE file issue in
> Service Center.
> We will provide different LICENSE and NOTICE for src and binary releases.
>

> [1]https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-c
> enter/blob/master/LICENSE
> [2]https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-service-c
> enter/blob/master/NOTICE
> [3]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCB-367
>

> Willem Jiang
>
> Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (English)
>           http://jnn.iteye.com  (Chinese)
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>
> On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 8:22 AM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> > I just checked the code of servicecomb-website, we keep the js and fonts
>> > into the repo, so we should treat the repo as source release but the
>> source
>> > has the bundled items (js, and fonts).
>>
>> AFAICS these are not bundled in the source release (well not for the one
>> put up to vote on) and I could find them in the binary release(s) either. I
>> could be missing something but I can’t see them being bundled in the
>> releases. The LICENSE and NOTICE file needs to reflect what in the release
>> it goes with not what’s in the entire repo.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Service-Center (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1

Mohammad Asif Siddiqui-2
Hi All,

We are Cancelling this vote as there are some issue we need to handle related to LICENSE and NOTICE file.

We have fixed these issues and we will re-intiate a seperate VOTE Thread for second release candidate.

Thanks all for your support.

Regards
Asif