[VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

[VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

Raymundo Panduro
Dear IPMC team,

This is the vote for *Apache SPOT 1.0 (incubating) release*. This is
the first release of SPOT.

The PPMC Vote Threads can be found here:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/69dfe2626c7b803e2a3f26e4d348be8d1941003f0e8166fb8e0e9679@%3Cdev.spot.apache.org%3E

The PPMC vote results can be found here:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a88ef44e0dcda9013781eeca363ad9b3439f6c34a698c6eaa50fb314@%3Cdev.spot.apache.org%3E

Release Notes (Jira generated):
 *https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12320637&version=12340668
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12320637&version=12340668>
*Git Branch and Tag for the release:
 *https://github.com/apache/incubator-spot/tree/branch-1.0
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-spot/tree/branch-1.0>
** https://github.com/apache/incubator-spot/tree/v1.0-incubating
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-spot/tree/v1.0-incubating>*

Source code for the release:
 *https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/spot/1.0-incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating.tar.gz
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/spot/1.0-incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating.tar.gz>*

Source release verification:

 PGP Signature:
 *https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/spot/1.0-incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating.tar.gz.asc
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/spot/1.0-incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating.tar.gz.asc>*

 MD5/SHA512 Hash:

*https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/spot/1.0-incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating.tar.gz.md5
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/spot/1.0-incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating.tar.gz.md5>
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/spot/1.0-incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating.tar.gz.sha512
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/spot/1.0-incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating.tar.gz.sha512>*

RAT license Verification:*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/spot/1.0-incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating-rat-results.txt
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/spot/1.0-incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating-rat-results.txt>*

*Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available
at: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/spot/KEYS
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/spot/KEYS>*

The artifact(s) have been signed with Key :
*06B82CAEDB5B280349E75D5533CD9431141E946C
*Download the release candidate and evaluate the necessary items.

Please vote accordingly:

*[ ] +1, approve as the official Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating release*

*[ ] -1, do not accept as the official **as the official Apache SPOT
1.0-incubating release because...*

*The vote will run for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
votes are reached.*

PMC.

Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further
review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision
making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other
successful ASF projects.

While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the
completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that
theproject has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

=================

*--*

Best Regards!

-----------------------------------

*Ray Panduro
*http://spot.apache.org/

-----------------------------------

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

John D. Ament-2
Its very hard to understand this release.  How do I build it?  How do I run
RAT?

John

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 11:50 AM Raymundo Panduro <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
>

> *The vote will run for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
> votes are reached.*

> PMC.
>
> Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further
> review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision
> making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other
> successful ASF projects.
>
> While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the
> completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that
> theproject has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.
>
> =================
>

> *--*
>
> Best Regards!
>
> -----------------------------------
>
> *Ray Panduro
> *http://spot.apache.org/
>
> -----------------------------------

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

Raymundo Panduro-2
John:

To RUN Rat this is how we do it:

Downloading the SPOT Code:
wget
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/spot/1.0-incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating.tar.gz
Uncompress the code:
tar -zxvf apache-spot-1.0-incubating.tar.gz

Download RAT:
wget
http://apache.claz.org//creadur/apache-rat-0.12/apache-rat-0.12-bin.tar.gz
Uncompress the code:
tar -zxvf apache-rat-0.12-bin.tar.gz
cd apache-rat-0.12
Now lets create the file to exclude the known extensions and files:
vi or nano .rat-excludes

Add the following exclude list:

.*md
.*txt
.gitignore
.gitmodules
.*png
.*json
.*csv
.*less
.*ipynb
.babelrc
topojson.min.js

Save the File.

Run the rat tool as following.
java -jar apache-rat-0.12.jar -E /path/to/project/.rat-excludes -d
/path/to/project/ > to_output_file.txt

If you have rat in the same directory as the SPOT Code you can verify as:
java -jar apache-rat-0.12.jar -E .rat-excludes -d
../apache-spot-1.0-incubating > apache-spot-1.0-incubating-rat-results.txt

You will see the rat results in the generated output file:
apache-spot-1.0-incubating-rat-results.txt

An the code just needs to be installed, uncompress the tarball and install
each component using the install guide:
http://spot.incubator.apache.org/doc/

However for version 1.0 that we are looking approval we have the changes
that will be uploaded once we have the votes here:
http://nolamarketing.com/client/apache-spot/doc/

Any question please let me know!

Best Regards!

-----------------------------------
Ray Panduro
http://spot.apache.org/
-----------------------------------

*Raymundo Panduro*

wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/spot/1.0-
> [...]

> > *The vote will run for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
> > votes are reached.*

> > PMC.
> >
> > Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further
> > review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision
> > making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other
> > successful ASF projects.
> >
> > While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the
> > completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that
> > theproject has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.
> >
> > =================
> >

> > *--*
> >
> > Best Regards!
> >
> > -----------------------------------
> >
> > *Ray Panduro
> > *http://spot.apache.org/
> >
> > -----------------------------------

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

Ted Dunning
?!

The normal standard is that this all runs from the build process.

And certainly it should be documented.

Remember, you are trolling for volunteers to sign off on your release.

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 8:03 AM, Raymundo Panduro <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> > > 1.0-incubating release because...*
> > >

> > > *The vote will run for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
> > > votes are reached.*

> > > PMC.
> > >
> > > Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further
> > > review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision
> > > making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other
> > > successful ASF projects.
> > >
> > > While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the
> > > completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that
> > > theproject has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.
> > >
> > > =================
> > >

> > > *--*
> > >
> > > Best Regards!
> > >
> > > -----------------------------------
> > >
> > > *Ray Panduro
> > > *http://spot.apache.org/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

What Ted said, minus the trolling part.

There needs to be a script that runs RAT of some kind, which should
hopefully be pretty simple to add.  Your rat excludes should be in the
release.

I think all of this can be solved in a following release, so please add a
ticket to address.  I'll continue to review this weekend.  Can you please
let us know how many of your mentors reviewed the release?

John

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 1:04 PM Ted Dunning <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > run
> > > RAT?
> > >
> > > John

> > > 8d1941003f0e8166fb8e0e9679@%3Cdev.spot.apache.org%3E

> > > b3439f6c34a698c6eaa50fb314@%3Cdev.spot.apache.org%3E

> > > projectId=12320637&version=12340668
> > > projectId=12320637&version=12340668

> > > incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating.tar.gz
> > > incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating.tar.gz

> > > incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating.tar.gz.asc
> > > incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating.tar.gz.asc

> > > incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating.tar.gz.md5
> > > incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating.tar.gz.md5

> > > incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating.tar.gz.sha512
> > > incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating.tar.gz.sha512

> > > incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating-rat-results.txt
> > > incubating/apache-spot-1.0-incubating-rat-results.txt

> decision

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

Smith, Nathanael P
Hi John,

Ray and I had a discussion around this first thing today.

I’ve already opened the issue [spot-213] and we’re working on that.

for my own understanding,
Would it be helpful if we bumped this issue up the priority list and resolved prior to this release?

- Nathanael

> [...]
>> apache-spot-1.0-incubating-rat-results.txt
>>>
>>> You will see the rat results in the generated output file:
>>> apache-spot-1.0-incubating-rat-results.txt
>>>

>>> An the code just needs to be installed, uncompress the tarball and
>> install
>>> each component using the install guide:
>>> http://spot.incubator.apache.org/doc/
>>>
>>> However for version 1.0 that we are looking approval we have the changes
>>> that will be uploaded once we have the votes here:
>>> http://nolamarketing.com/client/apache-spot/doc/
>>>

>>> Any question please let me know!
>>>

>>> Best Regards!
>>>
>>> -----------------------------------
>>> Ray Panduro
>>> http://spot.apache.org/
>>> -----------------------------------
>>>

>>> *Raymundo Panduro*

>>> run

>> decision

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

Correction,

the issue is SPOT-214
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPOT-214

- Nathanael

> On Aug 4, 2017, at 11:08 AM, Smith, Nathanael P <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi John,
>
> Ray and I had a discussion around this first thing today.
>
> I’ve already opened the issue [spot-213] and we’re working on that.
>
> for my own understanding,
> Would it be helpful if we bumped this issue up the priority list and resolved prior to this release?
>
> - Nathanael
>

>> On Aug 4, 2017, at 11:01 AM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> What Ted said, minus the trolling part.
>>
>> There needs to be a script that runs RAT of some kind, which should
>> hopefully be pretty simple to add.  Your rat excludes should be in the
>> release.
>>
>> I think all of this can be solved in a following release, so please add a
>> ticket to address.  I'll continue to review this weekend.  Can you please
>> let us know how many of your mentors reviewed the release?
>>
>> John
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 1:04 PM Ted Dunning <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> ?!
>>>
>>> The normal standard is that this all runs from the build process.
>>>
>>> And certainly it should be documented.
>>>
>>> Remember, you are trolling for volunteers to sign off on your release.

>>> http://apache.claz.org//creadur/apache-rat-0.12/apache-rat-0.12-bin.tar.gz

>>> apache-spot-1.0-incubating-rat-results.txt

>>> install

>>> decision

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

Wes McKinney
You are welcome to use our RAT automation scripts from Apache Arrow:

https://github.com/apache/arrow/tree/master/dev/release

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Smith, Nathanael P
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Correction,
>
> the issue is SPOT-214
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPOT-214
>
> - Nathanael
>

>> On Aug 4, 2017, at 11:08 AM, Smith, Nathanael P <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> Ray and I had a discussion around this first thing today.
>>
>> I’ve already opened the issue [spot-213] and we’re working on that.
>>
>> for my own understanding,
>> Would it be helpful if we bumped this issue up the priority list and resolved prior to this release?
>>
>> - Nathanael
>>

>>> On Aug 4, 2017, at 11:01 AM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> What Ted said, minus the trolling part.
>>>
>>> There needs to be a script that runs RAT of some kind, which should
>>> hopefully be pretty simple to add.  Your rat excludes should be in the
>>> release.
>>>
>>> I think all of this can be solved in a following release, so please add a
>>> ticket to address.  I'll continue to review this weekend.  Can you please
>>> let us know how many of your mentors reviewed the release?
>>>
>>> John

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

Ted Dunning

Trolling as a synonym for fishing, not magical creatures living under a
bridge.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

Ted Dunning
The rat scripts are only part of the issue. The entire build and check
process should be documented and as automated as possible.

I say this not as a specific pre-requisite for gaining approval for a
release, but as a pragmatic issues. There are 10x more people who will give
you a few minutes of their time if you tell them what you expect and how to
do it.

Expecting them to dope it out and download a tool and build a config file
is going to push past their the time budget and lose you the votes you
need. This is a pragmatic point more than a technical one.

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 11:11 AM, Smith, Nathanael P <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Correction,
>
> the issue is SPOT-214
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPOT-214
>
> - Nathanael
>

> > On Aug 4, 2017, at 11:08 AM, Smith, Nathanael P <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi John,
> >
> > Ray and I had a discussion around this first thing today.
> >
> > I’ve already opened the issue [spot-213] and we’re working on that.
> >
> > for my own understanding,
> > Would it be helpful if we bumped this issue up the priority list and
> resolved prior to this release?
> >
> > - Nathanael
> >

> >> On Aug 4, 2017, at 11:01 AM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> What Ted said, minus the trolling part.
> >>
> >> There needs to be a script that runs RAT of some kind, which should
> >> hopefully be pretty simple to add.  Your rat excludes should be in the
> >> release.
> >>
> >> I think all of this can be solved in a following release, so please add
> >> ticket to address.  I'll continue to review this weekend.  Can you
> please
> >> let us know how many of your mentors reviewed the release?
> >>
> >> John

> 0.12-bin.tar.gz

> as:

> changes

> do I

> [hidden email]

> of

> further

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

+1 binding

I checked:
- name includes incubating
- hashes and signatures correct
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE is missing a few permissive licensed bundled items. Please fix for the next release
- NOTICE is good
- no unexpected binary files
- all source files have ASF headers
- Could compile from source (by running sbt assembly in spot_ml)

Please include instruction on how to compile/build the release candidate.

With the license it maybe a good idea rather than referring to anther license file it would be better to just include it if it is short OR when referencing to the other license file(s) at least mention what license it is.

LICENSE is missing:
- MIT licensed code here [1]
- Public domain license material here [2][3]

1. spot-oa/ui/flow/js/lib/ChordMapper.js
2. spot-oa/ui/flow/world-110m.json
3. http://www.naturalearthdata.com/about/terms-of-use/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

Raymundo Panduro-2
Hello IPMC members,

Here are the instructions on how to build the release candidate once you
download it.

http://nolamarketing.com/client/apache-spot/download/ (If you don't see the
 *Validate Build* section use CTRL + F5 to refresh the page).

Regarding the Licence comment, we updated the files in preparation for next
release:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-spot/commit/ebb564ed058570d72e3b84fc418f7f87780efd44

If there are other comments please let us know.

*Raymundo Panduro*

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 6:37 PM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>

> [...]

> With the license it maybe a good idea rather than referring to anther
> license file it would be better to just include it if it is short OR when
> referencing to the other license file(s) at least mention what license it
> is.
>
> LICENSE is missing:
> - MIT licensed code here [1]
> - Public domain license material here [2][3]
>
> In the README the Maintainers section in the read me seems a little odd to
> me. I would also put the dev and users mailing lists (which are missing)
> above the slack channel for community support. The link for JIRA also needs
> fixing (should be just https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPOT).

> 1. spot-oa/ui/flow/js/lib/ChordMapper.js
> 2. spot-oa/ui/flow/world-110m.json
> 3. http://www.naturalearthdata.com/about/terms-of-use/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

+1 to release, however the following additions need to happen (as called
out in this thread):

- Need a clear way to run RAT
- Need to clarify how to build each component ideally from the top level
- You must *not* create external websites that are referencing the release
of the project.  The usage of NOLA Marketing needs to be dug into a bit
further.

John

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 12:35 PM Raymundo Panduro <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello IPMC members,
>
> Here are the instructions on how to build the release candidate once you
> download it.
>
> http://nolamarketing.com/client/apache-spot/download/ (If you don't see
> the
>  *Validate Build* section use CTRL + F5 to refresh the page).
>

> Regarding the Licence comment, we updated the files in preparation for next
> release:
>
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-spot/commit/ebb564ed058570d72e3b84fc418f7f87780efd44
>
> If there are other comments please let us know.
>

> *Raymundo Panduro*
>
> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 6:37 PM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>

> > +1 binding
> >
> > I checked:
> > - name includes incubating
> > - hashes and signatures correct
> > - DISCLAIMER exists
> > - LICENSE is missing a few permissive licensed bundled items. Please fix
> > for the next release
> > - NOTICE is good
> > - no unexpected binary files
> > - all source files have ASF headers
> > - Could compile from source (by running sbt assembly in spot_ml)
> >
> > Please include instruction on how to compile/build the release candidate.
> >
> > With the license it maybe a good idea rather than referring to anther
> > license file it would be better to just include it if it is short OR when
> > referencing to the other license file(s) at least mention what license it
> > is.
> >
> > LICENSE is missing:
> > - MIT licensed code here [1]
> > - Public domain license material here [2][3]
> >
> > In the README the Maintainers section in the read me seems a little odd
> > me. I would also put the dev and users mailing lists (which are missing)
> > above the slack channel for community support. The link for JIRA also
> needs
> > fixing (should be just https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPOT).
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Justin
> >
> > 1. spot-oa/ui/flow/js/lib/ChordMapper.js
> > 2. spot-oa/ui/flow/world-110m.json
> > 3. http://www.naturalearthdata.com/about/terms-of-use/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

Raymundo Panduro
Thanks John!!

My comments below!

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 4:38 PM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1 to release, however the following additions need to happen (as called
> out in this thread):
>
> - Need a clear way to run RAT.

*We are working on this with automation script to make it easy to run and
verfiy. *

> - Need to clarify how to build each component ideally from the top level

*We will address this with dev team.*

> - You must *not* create external websites that are referencing the release
> of the project.  The usage of NOLA Marketing needs to be dug into a bit
> further.

*The NOLA Markegin page is just a test environment for the web page we
understand not creating external websites.  The Final update will be
uploaded into http://spot.apache.org <http://spot.apache.org>, we will use
a different approach for big changes on next release to avoid using NOLA
Marketing servers.*

> John
>
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 12:35 PM Raymundo Panduro <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello IPMC members,
> >
> > Here are the instructions on how to build the release candidate once you
> > download it.
> >
> > http://nolamarketing.com/client/apache-spot/download/ (If you don't see
> > the
> >  *Validate Build* section use CTRL + F5 to refresh the page).
> >

> > Regarding the Licence comment, we updated the files in preparation for
> next
> > release:
> >
> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-spot/commit/
> ebb564ed058570d72e3b84fc418f7f87780efd44
> >
> > If there are other comments please let us know.
> >

> > *Raymundo Panduro*
> >
> > On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 6:37 PM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > +1 binding
> > >
> > > I checked:
> > > - name includes incubating
> > > - hashes and signatures correct
> > > - DISCLAIMER exists
> > > - LICENSE is missing a few permissive licensed bundled items. Please
> fix
> > > for the next release
> > > - NOTICE is good
> > > - no unexpected binary files
> > > - all source files have ASF headers
> > > - Could compile from source (by running sbt assembly in spot_ml)
> > >
> > > Please include instruction on how to compile/build the release
> candidate.
> > >
> > > With the license it maybe a good idea rather than referring to anther
> > > license file it would be better to just include it if it is short OR
> when
> > > referencing to the other license file(s) at least mention what license
> it
> > > is.
> > >
> > > LICENSE is missing:
> > > - MIT licensed code here [1]
> > > - Public domain license material here [2][3]
> > >
> > > In the README the Maintainers section in the read me seems a little odd
> > > me. I would also put the dev and users mailing lists (which are
> missing)
> > > above the slack channel for community support. The link for JIRA also
> > needs
> > > fixing (should be just https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPOT).
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Justin
> > >
> > > 1. spot-oa/ui/flow/js/lib/ChordMapper.js
> > > 2. spot-oa/ui/flow/world-110m.json
> > > 3. http://www.naturalearthdata.com/about/terms-of-use/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

Atri Sharma
+1, except that I couldnt run RAT.

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 8:12 PM, Raymundo Panduro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks John!!
>
> My comments below!
>

> On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 4:38 PM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> +1 to release, however the following additions need to happen (as called
>> out in this thread):
>>
>> - Need a clear way to run RAT.
>>

> *We are working on this with automation script to make it easy to run and
> verfiy. *
>

>> - Need to clarify how to build each component ideally from the top level
>>

> *We will address this with dev team.*
>

>> - You must *not* create external websites that are referencing the release
>> of the project.  The usage of NOLA Marketing needs to be dug into a bit
>> further.
>>

> *The NOLA Markegin page is just a test environment for the web page we
> understand not creating external websites.  The Final update will be
> uploaded into http://spot.apache.org <http://spot.apache.org>, we will use
> a different approach for big changes on next release to avoid using NOLA
> Marketing servers.*
>

>> John
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 12:35 PM Raymundo Panduro <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello IPMC members,
>> >
>> > Here are the instructions on how to build the release candidate once you
>> > download it.
>> >
>> > http://nolamarketing.com/client/apache-spot/download/ (If you don't see
>> > the
>> >  *Validate Build* section use CTRL + F5 to refresh the page).
>> >

>> > Regarding the Licence comment, we updated the files in preparation for
>> next
>> > release:
>> >
>> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-spot/commit/
>> ebb564ed058570d72e3b84fc418f7f87780efd44
>> >
>> > If there are other comments please let us know.
>> >

>> > *Raymundo Panduro*

>> fix

>> candidate.

>> when
>> it

>> missing)
>> > needs

Atri
l'apprenant

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

Jarek Jarcec Cecho
+1 (binding)

Jarcec

> On Aug 14, 2017, at 7:45 AM, Atri Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1, except that I couldnt run RAT.
>
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 8:12 PM, Raymundo Panduro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks John!!
>>
>> My comments below!
>>

>> On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 4:38 PM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> +1 to release, however the following additions need to happen (as called
>>> out in this thread):
>>>
>>> - Need a clear way to run RAT.
>>>

>> *We are working on this with automation script to make it easy to run and
>> verfiy. *
>>

>>> - Need to clarify how to build each component ideally from the top level
>>>

>> *We will address this with dev team.*
>>

>>> - You must *not* create external websites that are referencing the release
>>> of the project.  The usage of NOLA Marketing needs to be dug into a bit
>>> further.
>>>

>> *The NOLA Markegin page is just a test environment for the web page we
>> understand not creating external websites.  The Final update will be
>> uploaded into http://spot.apache.org <http://spot.apache.org>, we will use
>> a different approach for big changes on next release to avoid using NOLA
>> Marketing servers.*
>>

>>> John

>>> next

>>> ebb564ed058570d72e3b84fc418f7f87780efd44

>>> fix

>>> candidate.

>>> when
>>> it

>>> missing)

> Atri
> l'apprenant

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

Raymundo Panduro-2
Thanks Atri

We are working on automating the RAT verification for next release.... so
it can be easy to verify for release voting.

*Raymundo Panduro*