[VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): wskdeploy module 0.9.8

[VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): wskdeploy module 0.9.8

Vincent S Hou
Dear IPMC members,

This is a call for vote to release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): wskdeploy module, Version 0.9.8.

The Apache OpenWhisk community has voted on and approved a proposal to release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): wskdeploy, Version 0.9.8.

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members to review and vote on this incubator release.

Apache OpenWhisk Wskdeploy is a utility to help you describe and deploy any part of the OpenWhisk programming model using a Manifest file written in YAML.

OpenWhisk Wskdeploy vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/b2beb87458fca80d326725b8fb0e92d533f90b784f7c2cc5bbd84c31@%3Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org%3E

OpenWhisk Wskdeploy vote result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/caea29e3b3c8ea56f5bb3e40ee4b57153787ef193dc64ff63024230b@%3Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org%3E

This release comprises of source code distribution only.

The source code artifact of OpenWhisk Wskdeploy can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.8-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-wskdeploy-0.9.8-incubating-sources.tar.gz

The SHA-512 checksum for OpenWhisk Wskdeploy is
openwhisk-wskdeploy-0.9.8-incubating-sources.tar.gz:
B1979B93 573BB04B B495FA1A 8D0C1D93 ACD6371D 96BED392 A47D972C 6232AE41 0E1FA1DF
 DB79D4AA B2D10F87 1942ED94 BF83A200 6D82EABB 2BCE951C 31B5A8D3

which can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.8-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-wskdeploy-0.9.8-incubating-sources.tar.gz.sha512

The signature for OpenWhisk Wskdeploy can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.8-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-wskdeploy-0.9.8-incubating-sources.tar.gz.asc

KEYS file is available at:
https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/openwhisk/KEYS
This key has been validated here: http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=houshengbo&op=index

This is the first time that Apache OpenWhisk: wskdeploy request for a release, so there is no file of CHANGELOG.

How to verify the artifacts can be found at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENWHISK/How+to+verify+the+release+checklist+and+vote+on+OpenWhisk+modules+under+Apache

We are currently using the tool called openwhisk-release(https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release) to release all the modules of OpenWhisk. The instruction for release managers can be found at: https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/blob/master/docs/release_instructions.md. This tool
supports  both manual and automated modes to package the source code, sign the  artifacts and upload the artifacts into Apache SVN repositories.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Best wishes.
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)

Advisory Software Engineer, OpenWhisk Contributor, Open Technology, IBM Cloud

Notes ID: Vincent S Hou/Raleigh/IBM, E-mail: [hidden email],
Phone: +1(919)254-7182
Address: 4205 S Miami Blvd (Cornwallis Drive), Durham, NC 27703, United States

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): wskdeploy module 0.9.8

Jim Jagielski
+1 (binding)

> [...]
> supports  both manual and automated modes to package the source code, sign the  artifacts and upload the artifacts into Apache SVN repositories.
>
> The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of votes are reached.
>
> Please vote accordingly:
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason
>
> Best wishes.
> Vincent Hou (侯胜博)
>
> Advisory Software Engineer, OpenWhisk Contributor, Open Technology, IBM Cloud
>
> Notes ID: Vincent S Hou/Raleigh/IBM, E-mail: [hidden email],
> Phone: +1(919)254-7182
> Address: 4205 S Miami Blvd (Cornwallis Drive), Durham, NC 27703, United States

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): wskdeploy module 0.9.8

- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes correct
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE good
- No unexpected binary files
- All source file have ASF headers (with the exception of some examples - might be good to fix them)
- Unable to compile from source but assume it’s my setup.

The instructions could be clearer on how to compile the source package rather than  pointing users at the git repo.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): wskdeploy module 0.9.8

Bertrand Delacretaz
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 5:04 PM Vincent S Hou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...This is a call for vote to release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): wskdeploy
> module, Version 0.9.8....

+1 for this release, I already voted at [1] a while ago.

For next time, it's fine to carry such Incubator PMC members votes
from the podling vote thread here, with links for reference.

-Bertrand

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/28ff65c424a0fea9dbdd9d4d075251603acd3e84ccdd8529e559522e@%3Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org%3E

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): wskdeploy module 0.9.8

Vincent S Hou
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your votes. This mail thread is closed now, since it has been open for over 72 hours.
I will consolidate the votes and send off the result.
Thanks.