[VOTE] Release Apache Omid 0.9.0.0 (incubating)

[VOTE] Release Apache Omid 0.9.0.0 (incubating)

Ohad Shacham
Hi,

The Apache Omid community has voted on and approved a proposal
to release Apache Omid 0.9.0.0-incubating.

PPMC Vote Call:http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/omid-dev/201805.mbox/%3cCAHuxFyOJZ8=Ud2xUQ2DRbGPZZnoQpVAUnBxPXwYO5Gs_Xr+7gg@...%3e

PPMC Vote Result:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/omid-dev/201805.mbox/%3cCANQiJeUua0BiH+MAsqPirN2UTRFnF7dcE+iPyLYjA6eA03txLg@...%3e

PPMC Vote Summary:
3 binding (IPMC member) +1 votes
0 non-binding PPMC member +1 votes
No -1 votes

Release notes for the 0.9.0.0
release:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/RELEASE_NOTES.html

Git tag for the release:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-omid.git/?p=incubator-omid.git;a=tag;h=229831bc377e47431cc7cbc211803069158b5711

Sources for the release:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src.tar.gz

Source release verification: PGP Signature:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src.tar.gz.asc

SHA512 Hash:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src.tar.gz.sha512

Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/KEYS

We request the permission of IPMC to publish the above release candidate as
Apache Omid 0.9.0.0-incubating. Please try out the package and vote. The
vote is open for a minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of
votes (3 binding +1s) is reached. [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache
Omid 0.9.0.0-incubating [ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay
with the release [ ] -1 Do not release this package because... Please add
(binding) if your vote is binding.

Thanks,
Ohad

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Omid 0.9.0.0 (incubating)

James Taylor-3
+1 (transferring my vote over from dev list vote)

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 12:39 PM, Ohad Shacham <[hidden email]>

> The Apache Omid community has voted on and approved a proposal
> to release Apache Omid 0.9.0.0-incubating.
>
> PPMC Vote Call:http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/omid-dev/
> 201805.mbox/%3cCAHuxFyOJZ8=Ud2xUQ2DRbGPZZnoQpVAUnBxPXwYO5
> [hidden email]%3e
>

> PPMC Vote Result:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/omid-dev/201805.
> mbox/%[hidden email].
> com%3e
>

> PPMC Vote Summary:
> 3 binding (IPMC member) +1 votes
> 0 non-binding PPMC member +1 votes
> No -1 votes
>
> Release notes for the 0.9.0.0
> release:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/
> omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/RELEASE_NOTES.html
>

> Git tag for the release:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-omid.git/?
> p=incubator-omid.git;a=tag;h=229831bc377e47431cc7cbc211803069158b5711
>

> Sources for the release:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.
> 0-rc3/apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src.tar.gz
>

> Source release verification: PGP Signature:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.
> 0-rc3/apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src.tar.gz.asc
>

> SHA512 Hash:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.
> 0-rc3/apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src.tar.gz.sha512
>

> Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/KEYS
>

> We request the permission of IPMC to publish the above release candidate as
> Apache Omid 0.9.0.0-incubating. Please try out the package and vote. The
> vote is open for a minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of
> votes (3 binding +1s) is reached. [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache
> Omid 0.9.0.0-incubating [ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay
> with the release [ ] -1 Do not release this package because... Please add
> (binding) if your vote is binding.
>

> Thanks,
> Ohad

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Omid 0.9.0.0 (incubating)

Josh Elser
+1 (binding), but with one issue ;)

The source release looks fine, as do sigs/xsums. DISCLAIMER, LICENSE and
NOTICE are all fine too.

Only thing I see is that your new additions made in
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/KEYS
must be reflected in
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/omid/KEYS before a
release happens.

On 5/21/18 3:39 PM, Ohad Shacham wrote:

> Hi,
>

> The Apache Omid community has voted on and approved a proposal
> to release Apache Omid 0.9.0.0-incubating.
>
> PPMC Vote Call:http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/omid-dev/201805.mbox/%3cCAHuxFyOJZ8=Ud2xUQ2DRbGPZZnoQpVAUnBxPXwYO5Gs_Xr+7gg@...%3e
>

> PPMC Vote Result:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/omid-dev/201805.mbox/%3cCANQiJeUua0BiH+MAsqPirN2UTRFnF7dcE+iPyLYjA6eA03txLg@...%3e
>

> PPMC Vote Summary:
> 3 binding (IPMC member) +1 votes
> 0 non-binding PPMC member +1 votes
> No -1 votes
>
> Release notes for the 0.9.0.0
> release:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/RELEASE_NOTES.html
>

> Git tag for the release:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-omid.git/?p=incubator-omid.git;a=tag;h=229831bc377e47431cc7cbc211803069158b5711
>

> Sources for the release:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src.tar.gz
>

> Source release verification: PGP Signature:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src.tar.gz.asc
>

> SHA512 Hash:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src.tar.gz.sha512
>

> Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/KEYS
>

> We request the permission of IPMC to publish the above release candidate as
> Apache Omid 0.9.0.0-incubating. Please try out the package and vote. The
> vote is open for a minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of
> votes (3 binding +1s) is reached. [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache
> Omid 0.9.0.0-incubating [ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay
> with the release [ ] -1 Do not release this package because... Please add
> (binding) if your vote is binding.
>

> Thanks,
> Ohad

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Omid 0.9.0.0 (incubating)

sebb-2-2
On 24 May 2018 at 22:40, Josh Elser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (binding), but with one issue ;)
>
> The source release looks fine, as do sigs/xsums. DISCLAIMER, LICENSE and
> NOTICE are all fine too.
>
> Only thing I see is that your new additions made in
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/KEYS must
> be reflected in
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/omid/KEYS before a
> release happens.

Might as well maintain the keys directly in:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/omid/KEYS

Seems no point having them in the RC directory.

> On 5/21/18 3:39 PM, Ohad Shacham wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> The Apache Omid community has voted on and approved a proposal
>> to release Apache Omid 0.9.0.0-incubating.
>>
>> PPMC Vote
>> Call:http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/omid-dev/201805.mbox/%3cCAHuxFyOJZ8=Ud2xUQ2DRbGPZZnoQpVAUnBxPXwYO5Gs_Xr+7gg@...%3e
>>

>> PPMC Vote Result:
>>

>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/omid-dev/201805.mbox/%3cCANQiJeUua0BiH+MAsqPirN2UTRFnF7dcE+iPyLYjA6eA03txLg@...%3e
>>

>> PPMC Vote Summary:
>> 3 binding (IPMC member) +1 votes
>> 0 non-binding PPMC member +1 votes
>> No -1 votes
>>
>> Release notes for the 0.9.0.0
>>
>> release:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/RELEASE_NOTES.html
>>

>> Git tag for the release:
>>

>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-omid.git/?p=incubator-omid.git;a=tag;h=229831bc377e47431cc7cbc211803069158b5711
>>

>> Sources for the release:
>>

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src.tar.gz
>>

>> Source release verification: PGP Signature:
>>

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src.tar.gz.asc
>>

>> SHA512 Hash:
>>

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src.tar.gz.sha512
>>

>> Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at:
>>
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc3/KEYS
>>

>> We request the permission of IPMC to publish the above release candidate
>> as
>> Apache Omid 0.9.0.0-incubating. Please try out the package and vote. The
>> vote is open for a minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of
>> votes (3 binding +1s) is reached. [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache
>> Omid 0.9.0.0-incubating [ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay
>> with the release [ ] -1 Do not release this package because... Please add
>> (binding) if your vote is binding.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Ohad

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Omid 0.9.0.0 (incubating)

- incubating in name
- Signatures and hashed good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE is fine
- NOTICE may have a minor issue (see below)
- source file have ASF headers
- No unexpected binary files
- fails to compile from source a s I have wrong version of protobuf installed???

One minor issue there are several files [1][2][3][4] that have “Copyright (c) 2010 Yahoo!” in their headers, given the NOTICE file, I would of expected these files to have ASF headers OR the copyright line to not appear in NOTICE.

It would be a good idea to sign with an apache email address.

1. ./benchmarks/src/main/java/org/apache/omid/benchmarks/utils/ScrambledZipfianGenerator.java
2. ./benchmarks/src/main/java/org/apache/omid/benchmarks/utils/IntegerGenerator.java
3. ./benchmarks/src/main/java/org/apache/omid/benchmarks/utils/Generator.java
4. ./benchmarks/src/main/java/org/apache/omid/benchmarks/utils/ZipfianGenerator.java

[VOTE] Release Apache Omid 1.0.0 (incubating)

Ohad Shacham

The Apache Omid community has voted on and approved a proposal
to release Apache Omid 1.0.0-incubating.

PPMC Vote Call:http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/omid-dev/201811.mbox/%3cCAHuxFyMp-_QVCN2qdE3BQcQdTA3hWBwFa52YgTUQr64QKjkyLg@...%3e

PPMC Vote Result:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/omid-dev/201811.mbox/%3cCAAF1JdinF60+hsxHbvxcx3oDruGqoE7BJ=gh_EbadFbDRHm8=w@...%3e

PPMC Vote Summary:
4 binding (IPMC member) +1 votes
0 non-binding PPMC member +1 votes
No -1 votes

Release notes for the 1.0.0 release:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/RELEASE_NOTES.html

Git tag for the release:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-omid.git/?p=incubator-omid.git;a=tag;h=14d5cb2d899ef381be40edc6d95aede50bb396ea

Sources for the release:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/apache-omid-incubating-1.0.0-src.tar.gz

Source release verification:

PGP Signature:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/apache-omid-incubating-1.0.0-src.tar.gz.asc

SHA512 Hash:  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/apache-omid-incubating-1.0.0-src.tar.gz.sha512

Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available
at:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/KEYS

We request the permission of IPMC to publish the above release candidate as
Apache Omid 1.0.0-incubating. Please try out the package and vote. The vote
is open for a minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of votes (3
binding +1s) is reached. [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Omid
1.0.0-incubating [ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with
the release [ ] -1 Do not release this package because... Please add
(binding) if your vote is binding.

Thanks,
Ohad and Yoni

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Omid 1.0.0 (incubating)

James Taylor-3
Transferring my +1 from the dev vote.

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 11:45 PM Ohad Shacham <[hidden email]>

> The Apache Omid community has voted on and approved a proposal
> to release Apache Omid 1.0.0-incubating.
>
> PPMC Vote Call:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/omid-dev/201811.mbox/%3cCAHuxFyMp-_QVCN2qdE3BQcQdTA3hWBwFa52YgTUQr64QKjkyLg@...%3e
>

> PPMC Vote Result:
>

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/omid-dev/201811.mbox/%3cCAAF1JdinF60+hsxHbvxcx3oDruGqoE7BJ=gh_EbadFbDRHm8=w@...%3e
>

> PPMC Vote Summary:
> 4 binding (IPMC member) +1 votes
> 0 non-binding PPMC member +1 votes
> No -1 votes
>
> Release notes for the 1.0.0 release:
>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/RELEASE_NOTES.html
>

> Git tag for the release:
>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-omid.git/?p=incubator-omid.git;a=tag;h=14d5cb2d899ef381be40edc6d95aede50bb396ea
>

> Sources for the release:
>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/apache-omid-incubating-1.0.0-src.tar.gz
>

> Source release verification:
>

> PGP Signature:
>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/apache-omid-incubating-1.0.0-src.tar.gz.asc
>
> SHA512 Hash:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/apache-omid-incubating-1.0.0-src.tar.gz.sha512
>
> Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available
> at:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/KEYS
>

> We request the permission of IPMC to publish the above release candidate as
> Apache Omid 1.0.0-incubating. Please try out the package and vote. The vote
> is open for a minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of votes (3
> binding +1s) is reached. [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Omid
> 1.0.0-incubating [ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with
> the release [ ] -1 Do not release this package because... Please add
> (binding) if your vote is binding.
>

> Thanks,
> Ohad and Yoni

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Omid 1.0.0 (incubating)

Josh Elser

The RAT plugin fails but these look fine to fix for the next release:

Unapproved licenses:

   .travis.yml
   bintray-settings.xml
   misc/findbugs-exclude.xml
   misc/omid_checks.xml

Everything else looks good to me.

On 11/18/18 2:45 AM, Ohad Shacham wrote:

> Hi,
>

> The Apache Omid community has voted on and approved a proposal
> to release Apache Omid 1.0.0-incubating.
>
> PPMC Vote Call:http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/omid-dev/201811.mbox/%3cCAHuxFyMp-_QVCN2qdE3BQcQdTA3hWBwFa52YgTUQr64QKjkyLg@...%3e
>

> PPMC Vote Result:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/omid-dev/201811.mbox/%3cCAAF1JdinF60+hsxHbvxcx3oDruGqoE7BJ=gh_EbadFbDRHm8=w@...%3e
>

> PPMC Vote Summary:
> 4 binding (IPMC member) +1 votes
> 0 non-binding PPMC member +1 votes
> No -1 votes
>
> Release notes for the 1.0.0 release:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/RELEASE_NOTES.html
>

> Git tag for the release:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-omid.git/?p=incubator-omid.git;a=tag;h=14d5cb2d899ef381be40edc6d95aede50bb396ea
>

> Sources for the release:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/apache-omid-incubating-1.0.0-src.tar.gz
>

> Source release verification:
>

> PGP Signature:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/apache-omid-incubating-1.0.0-src.tar.gz.asc
>
> SHA512 Hash:  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/apache-omid-incubating-1.0.0-src.tar.gz.sha512
>
> Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available
> at:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/KEYS
>

> We request the permission of IPMC to publish the above release candidate as
> Apache Omid 1.0.0-incubating. Please try out the package and vote. The vote
> is open for a minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of votes (3
> binding +1s) is reached. [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Omid
> 1.0.0-incubating [ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with
> the release [ ] -1 Do not release this package because... Please add
> (binding) if your vote is binding.
>

> Thanks,
> Ohad and Yoni

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Omid 1.0.0 (incubating)

Alan Gates-3
+1.  Did a build with a clean mvn repo, checked the DISCLAIMER, NOTICE, and
LICENSE files.  Found the RAT issues already noted by Josh.  Getting these
fixed soon would be good as finding license issues is much harder by hand
then with RAT.

Alan.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 1:15 PM Josh Elser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> The RAT plugin fails but these look fine to fix for the next release:
>
> Unapproved licenses:
>
>    .travis.yml
>    bintray-settings.xml
>    misc/findbugs-exclude.xml
>    misc/omid_checks.xml
>
> Everything else looks good to me.
>
> On 11/18/18 2:45 AM, Ohad Shacham wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > The Apache Omid community has voted on and approved a proposal
> > to release Apache Omid 1.0.0-incubating.
> >
> > PPMC Vote Call:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/omid-dev/201811.mbox/%3cCAHuxFyMp-_QVCN2qdE3BQcQdTA3hWBwFa52YgTUQr64QKjkyLg@...%3e
> >

> > PPMC Vote Result:
> >

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/omid-dev/201811.mbox/%3cCAAF1JdinF60+hsxHbvxcx3oDruGqoE7BJ=gh_EbadFbDRHm8=w@...%3e
> >

> > PPMC Vote Summary:
> > 4 binding (IPMC member) +1 votes
> > 0 non-binding PPMC member +1 votes
> > No -1 votes
> >
> > Release notes for the 1.0.0 release:
> >

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/RELEASE_NOTES.html
> >

> > Git tag for the release:
> >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-omid.git/?p=incubator-omid.git;a=tag;h=14d5cb2d899ef381be40edc6d95aede50bb396ea
> >

> > Sources for the release:
> >

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/apache-omid-incubating-1.0.0-src.tar.gz
> >

> > Source release verification:
> >

> > PGP Signature:
> >

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/apache-omid-incubating-1.0.0-src.tar.gz.asc
> >
> > SHA512 Hash:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/apache-omid-incubating-1.0.0-src.tar.gz.sha512
> >
> > Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available
> > at:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/1.0.0-rc0/KEYS
> >

> > We request the permission of IPMC to publish the above release candidate
> as
> > Apache Omid 1.0.0-incubating. Please try out the package and vote. The
> vote
> > is open for a minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of votes
> (3
> > binding +1s) is reached. [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Omid
> > 1.0.0-incubating [ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with
> > the release [ ] -1 Do not release this package because... Please add
> > (binding) if your vote is binding.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Ohad and Yoni

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Omid 1.0.0 (incubating)

- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes correct
- LICENSE and NOTICE good
- No binary files in release
- There a few files with header issues (see below)
- Couldn’t compile but look like I have the wrong version of protobuf installed

Several files still have "Copyright (c) 2010 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.” which is probably incorrect.[1][2][3][4]

1. ./apache-omid-incubating-1.0.0-src/benchmarks/src/main/java/org/apache/omid/benchmarks/utils/ScrambledZipfianGenerator.java
2. ./apache-omid-incubating-1.0.0-src/benchmarks/src/main/java/org/apache/omid/benchmarks/utils/IntegerGenerator.java
3. ./apache-omid-incubating-1.0.0-src/benchmarks/src/main/java/org/apache/omid/benchmarks/utils/Generator.java
4, ./apache-omid-incubating-1.0.0-src/benchmarks/src/main/java/org/apache/omid/benchmarks/utils/ZipfianGenerator.java

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Omid 1.0.0 (incubating)

Jean-Baptiste Onofré

- LICENSE and DISCLAIMER files
- ASF headers

Regards