[VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

[VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

Steffen Rochel
Dear community,

This is a call for releasing Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.4.0, release
candidate 0

Apache MXNet (incubating) community has voted and approved the release.

Vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/28f4d4bb62ce10d85b1ef856602b27cb6d8971e4ece6f212411b8ca6@%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E

Result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/236554041a412415df783d652830272beb21d36660e8e0d5e0237f58@%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E
<<a href="https://lists.apache.org/#########">https://lists.apache.org/#########>

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/1.4.0.rc0/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/releases/tag/1.4.0.rc0

The release hash is c84bb78
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/c84bb7880a51d22ee1e2bfc688d0a2099c0b977b>
:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/c84bb7880a51d22ee1e2bfc688d0a2099c0b977b

KEYS file available:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/KEYS

For information about the contents of this release, see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.4.0+Release+Notes

The vote will be open until January 3rd noon PST.

[ ] +1 release this package as 1.4.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 do not release this package because...

Best regards,
Steffen

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

> The vote will be open until January 3rd noon PST.

Votes don’t have a closing date they last a s long as is needed and usually for a minimum of 72 hours.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

Jim Jagielski

> On Dec 28, 2018, at 2:07 PM, Steffen Rochel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear community,
>
> This is a call for releasing Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.4.0, release
> candidate 0
>
> Apache MXNet (incubating) community has voted and approved the release.
>
> Vote thread:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/28f4d4bb62ce10d85b1ef856602b27cb6d8971e4ece6f212411b8ca6@%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E
>
> Result thread:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/236554041a412415df783d652830272beb21d36660e8e0d5e0237f58@%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E
> <<a href="https://lists.apache.org/#########">https://lists.apache.org/#########>
>

> The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/1.4.0.rc0/
>
> The tag to be voted upon:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/releases/tag/1.4.0.rc0
>
> The release hash is c84bb78
> <https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/c84bb7880a51d22ee1e2bfc688d0a2099c0b977b>
> :
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/c84bb7880a51d22ee1e2bfc688d0a2099c0b977b
>
> KEYS file available:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/KEYS
>
> For information about the contents of this release, see:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.4.0+Release+Notes
>
> The vote will be open until January 3rd noon PST.
>
> [ ] +1 release this package as 1.4.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 do not release this package because...
>
> Best regards,
> Steffen

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

Steffen Rochel
Happy New Year to all of you!

Please review and test Apache MXNet v1.4.0, release candidate 0 and provide
your vote.
Current status:
+1: 1 binding (thanks Jim!)
0:    0
-1: 0

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/1.4.0.rc0/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/releases/tag/1.4.0.rc0

The release hash is c84bb78
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/c84bb7880a51d22ee1e2bfc688d0a2099c0b977b>
:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/c84bb7880a51d22ee1e2bfc688d0a2099c0b977b

KEYS file available:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/KEYS

For information about the contents of this release, see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.4.0+Release+Notes

Regards,
Steffen

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 5:51 AM Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> > On Dec 28, 2018, at 2:07 PM, Steffen Rochel <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Dear community,
> >
> > This is a call for releasing Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.4.0, release
> > candidate 0
> >
> > Apache MXNet (incubating) community has voted and approved the release.
> >
> > Vote thread:
> >
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/28f4d4bb62ce10d85b1ef856602b27cb6d8971e4ece6f212411b8ca6@%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E
> >
> > Result thread:
> >
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/236554041a412415df783d652830272beb21d36660e8e0d5e0237f58@%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E
> > <<a href="https://lists.apache.org/#########">https://lists.apache.org/#########>
> >

> > The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
> >
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/1.4.0.rc0/
> >
> > The tag to be voted upon:
> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/releases/tag/1.4.0.rc0
> >
> > The release hash is c84bb78
> > <
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/c84bb7880a51d22ee1e2bfc688d0a2099c0b977b
> >
> > :
> >
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/c84bb7880a51d22ee1e2bfc688d0a2099c0b977b
> >
> > KEYS file available:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/KEYS
> >
> > For information about the contents of this release, see:
> >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.4.0+Release+Notes
> >
> > The vote will be open until January 3rd noon PST.
> >
> > [ ] +1 release this package as 1.4.0
> > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > [ ] -1 do not release this package because...
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Steffen

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

Gang(Gary) Wang
Happy New Year!

* Signature verified
* SHA verified
* Tried to build the distributed source code (rc0) on my machine using
following command w/ and w/o -j option.
*make -j 6 USE_OPENCV=1 USE_BLAS=openblas USE_CUDA=0*
It reports
*make[1]: Entering directory
'/home/wg/ws/mxnet/apache-mxnet-src-1.4.0.rc0-incubating/3rdparty/dmlc-core'*
*make[1]: 'libdmlc.a' is up to date.*
*make[1]: Leaving directory
'/home/wg/ws/mxnet/apache-mxnet-src-1.4.0.rc0-incubating/3rdparty/dmlc-core'*
*g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)*
*Please submit a full bug report,*
*with preprocessed source if appropriate.*
*See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-7/README.Bugs> for instructions.*
*Makefile:461: recipe for target 'build/src/operator/tensor/indexing_op.o'
failed*
*make: *** [build/src/operator/tensor/indexing_op.o] Error 4*

*$ g++ --version*
*g++ (Ubuntu 7.3.0-27ubuntu1~18.04) 7.3.0*
This issue might be related to the compiler that I'm using so doesn't mean
it is a blocker issue.

* please use the Apache repos links instead of Github ones once available

+1 (binding)

Thanks.

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 1:36 PM Steffen Rochel <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > The release hash is c84bb78
> > > <
> >
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/c84bb7880a51d22ee1e2bfc688d0a2099c0b977b
> > >
> > > :
> > >

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/c84bb7880a51d22ee1e2bfc688d0a2099c0b977b
> > >
> > > KEYS file available:
> > > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/KEYS
> > >
> > > For information about the contents of this release, see:
> > >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.4.0+Release+Notes
> > >
> > > The vote will be open until January 3rd noon PST.
> > >
> > > [ ] +1 release this package as 1.4.0
> > > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > > [ ] -1 do not release this package because...
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Steffen

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

Hi Gang - thanks for your feedback. I filed
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/13773, please add details
on your specific environment and specific build configuration.

Dear MXNet mentors and IPMC members - we are still one vote short. Please
test the MXNet v1.4.0.rc0 release and provide your feedback and vote.

Regards,
Steffen

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 3:20 PM Gang(Gary) Wang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >

> > Regards,
> > Steffen
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 5:51 AM Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > +1 (binding)

> release.

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/28f4d4bb62ce10d85b1ef856602b27cb6d8971e4ece6f212411b8ca6@%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/236554041a412415df783d652830272beb21d36660e8e0d5e0237f58@%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E

> > at:

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/c84bb7880a51d22ee1e2bfc688d0a2099c0b977b

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/c84bb7880a51d22ee1e2bfc688d0a2099c0b977b

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.4.0+Release+Notes

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

-1(binding)

I brought up an issue in the 1.2 release and it hasn’t been addressed yet. This release contains plan text CC-BY-2.5 content [1] this is category X. I see that you asked to have the license changed but it is still CC-BY-2.5) and the file is still included in the release.

I’ll post a full review later today.

1. apache-mxnet-src-1.4.0.rc0-incubating/3rdparty/googletest/googlemock/docs/DevGuide.md
2. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b (CC-BY-2.5 must be in binary form)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

I’m still -1 (binding) there are also some LICENSE issues that need to be looked into.

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signature and hashes good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE need some work (see below)
- No unexpected binary files
- A number of files are missing headers and it’s unclear how some of these are licensed
- I didn’t try to compile

These LICENSE files mentioned in LICENSE do not exist:
- 3rdparty/tvm/dmlc-core/LICENSE
- 3rdparty/tvm/nnvm/LICENSE
- R-package/LICENSE
- nnvm/tvm/HalideIR/LICENSE

LICENSE is missing mention of:
- ./docs/_static/js/clipboard.min.js (MIT licensed © Zeno Rocha) You may also want to include the non-minified code as that could be considered to being “compiled" code and could be thought of as category X.
- ./julia
- ./perl-package ? (unclear if this was developed at the ASF or not)
- 3rdparty/openmp/LICENSE.txt
- /apache-mxnet-src-1.4.0.rc0-incubating/3rdparty/mkldnn/src/cpu/xbyak/xbyak.h and other .h files in that directory - note the double headers
- apache-mxnet-src-1.4.0.rc0-incubating/3rdparty/cub/test/mersenne.h

And probably other files. It’s very hard to review when the copyright owners are not clearly indicated in LICENSE. It would help if all license file were placed in one directory, that way it would be easy to search if all required licenses have been included.

I think a lot more work is needed on the LICENSE here for instance taking a look at one directory:
3rdparty/onnx-tensorrt

With the LICENSE file containing:
MIT License
Copyright (c) 2018, NVIDIA CORPORATION. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 2018 Open Neural Network Exchange

However searching for license and copyright under that you can see it contains a mix of different licensed files, including MIT, BSD, Apache and at least 30 different copyright statements. I can see some of the sub-directory are also referenced but it doesn’t seem complete to me.

There are lots of other files missing headers, in some cases it could be assumed that they are 3rd party files, but in some cases it is unclear. For instance:

File in ./docs/_static/js/*.,js are missing headers. How are theses licensed?

This files are missing headers - how are they licensed?
  ./src/operator/special_functions-inl.h
  ./src/operator/contrib/nn/deformable_im2col.cuh
  ./src/operator/contrib/nn/deformable_im2col.h
  ./src/operator/nn/im2col.cuh
  ./src/operator/nn/im2col.h
  ./src/operator/nn/pool.h

It might help you if you used a tool like https://www.fossology.org to track everything a you have a large number of 3rd party licensed software from a large number of authors.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

Hagay Lupesko
Justin,

Good call. I will work with my colleagues in Amazon to try and help with
this.

I'm not sure what is the best approach with 3P code issues though: you call
out 3rdparty/onnx-tensorrt as having a mix of license types and having
other issues. However, this is part of another repo, integrated into MXNet
as a git submodule (https://github.com/onnx/onnx-tensorrt.git).
Is it necessary to "fix" licensing of 3P packages as well? I think this
will be very difficult...

Curious to get your thoughts and perspective.

Hagay

On Sat, Jan 5, 2019 at 5:50 PM Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>

> [...]
> assumed that they are 3rd party files, but in some cases it is unclear. For
> instance:
>
> File in ./docs/_static/js/*.,js are missing headers. How are theses
> licensed?
>
> This files are missing headers - how are they licensed?
>   ./src/operator/special_functions-inl.h
>   ./src/operator/contrib/nn/deformable_im2col.cuh
>   ./src/operator/contrib/nn/deformable_im2col.h
>   ./src/operator/nn/im2col.cuh
>   ./src/operator/nn/im2col.h
>   ./src/operator/nn/pool.h
>
> It might help you if you used a tool like https://www.fossology.org to
> track everything a you have a large number of 3rd party licensed software
> from a large number of authors.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

> Good call. I will work with my colleagues in Amazon to try and help with

Great if you need any help just ask.

> I'm not sure what is the best approach with 3P code issues though: you call
> out 3rdparty/onnx-tensorrt as having a mix of license types and having
> other issues. However, this is part of another repo, integrated into MXNet
> as a git submodule (https://github.com/onnx/onnx-tensorrt.git).
> Is it necessary to "fix" licensing of 3P packages as well? I think this
> will be very difficult…

Fixing downstream is good but not required, it all comes down to the guiding principle [1].  You need to look inside and 3rd party code to see what it contains and list all licenses that are bundled.

A simple example is jQuery which is MIT licensed but includes MIT licensed Sizzle so both of these need to mention in the LICENSE file.

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

Hagay Lupesko
Thanks for clarifying Justin.

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 1:06 AM Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>

> > Good call. I will work with my colleagues in Amazon to try and help with
> > this.
>
> Great if you need any help just ask.
>
> > I'm not sure what is the best approach with 3P code issues though: you
> call
> > out 3rdparty/onnx-tensorrt as having a mix of license types and having
> > other issues. However, this is part of another repo, integrated into
> MXNet
> > as a git submodule (https://github.com/onnx/onnx-tensorrt.git).
> > Is it necessary to "fix" licensing of 3P packages as well? I think this
> > will be very difficult…
>
> Fixing downstream is good but not required, it all comes down to the
> guiding principle [1].  You need to look inside and 3rd party code to see
> what it contains and list all licenses that are bundled.
>
> A simple example is jQuery which is MIT licensed but includes MIT licensed
> Sizzle so both of these need to mention in the LICENSE file.

> 1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

Zach Kimberg
Hi Justin,

I went through the license file to remove all licenses that no longer exist
and tried to add any missing licenses I could find.
I also tried to prune our rat-excludes for files that should be checked
such as .js ones.

As for your comments:
- 3rdparty/onnx-tensorrt itself has four different git submodules inside it
which is the cause of the number of different licenses. I added the main
license of each repo to our license file.
- The src/operator files that you mention all have individual licenses that
are located inside the file header (but are different than the apache
license)

For the CC-BY-SA content, we raised the issue on legal-discuss (
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/201805.mbox/%3CCAK1xzDdw_5-znx=Y2wXvLwq_nK4AJmtFuQHp3dHR94wuMQD+BA@...%3E)
and it seems to be somewhat acceptable for documentation similarly to how
it is allowed for media.

Can you help verify whether we have any release blocking problems that we
still need to address in our license. Thanks,
Zach

On 2019/01/07 09:24:07, Hagay Lupesko <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for clarifying Justin.>
>
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 1:06 AM Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>>
> wrote:>
>
> > Hi,>
> >>
> > > Good call. I will work with my colleagues in Amazon to try and help
with>
> > > this.>
> >>
> > Great if you need any help just ask.>
> >>
> > > I'm not sure what is the best approach with 3P code issues though:
you>
> > call>
> > > out 3rdparty/onnx-tensorrt as having a mix of license types and
having>
> > > other issues. However, this is part of another repo, integrated into>
> > MXNet>
> > > as a git submodule (https://github.com/onnx/onnx-tensorrt.git).>
> > > Is it necessary to "fix" licensing of 3P packages as well? I think
this>
> > > will be very difficult…>
> >>
> > Fixing downstream is good but not required, it all comes down to the>
> > guiding principle [1].  You need to look inside and 3rd party code to
see>
> > what it contains and list all licenses that are bundled.>
> >>
> > A simple example is jQuery which is MIT licensed but includes MIT
licensed>

> > Sizzle so both of these need to mention in the LICENSE file.>
> >>
> > Thanks,>
> > Justin>
> >>
> > 1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle>
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

> As for your comments:
> - 3rdparty/onnx-tensorrt itself has four different git submodules inside it
> which is the cause of the number of different licenses. I added the main
> license of each repo to our license file.

Which probably misses the point I was trying to make I think? It's not the main license you need to list but the licenses of all pieces of software in that bundle. There's 3rd party software bundled the release that isn’t listed in the LICENSE.

> For the CC-BY-SA content, we raised the issue on legal-discuss (
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/201805.mbox/%3CCAK1xzDdw_5-znx=Y2wXvLwq_nK4AJmtFuQHp3dHR94wuMQD+BA@...%3E)
> and it seems to be somewhat acceptable for documentation similarly to how
> it is allowed for media.

This has come up again recently and "it's tough one" [1] (See option 3). I think it would be safer to remove it from the release or replace it with a file with a pointer to the documentation.

1. https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/0f0e6cced863755b27e2bfe9e74d6abc922ba4e1912062132272833f@%3Clegal-discuss.apache.org%3E

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

I assume you realise this would be a lot easier if the dependancies were not copied into the git tree (as mentioned in the link you posted) , but I assume there a reason for doing this that I’m not aware of.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

Tianqi Chen
Hi Justin, it would be great if we can clarify the policy the submodule
dependencies.

Strictly speaking, these dependencies are in the form of git submodule and
they are not part of the commit tree (instead, they are pointers to the
specific version of dependency).
If we just do git clone, or tag the release, the source content of
submodule dependencies will not be part of tarball, so in some sense, they
can be excluded as the part of the release, which might help us to make an
easier release.

Tianqi

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 9:08 PM Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>

> I assume you realise this would be a lot easier if the dependancies were
> not copied into the git tree (as mentioned in the link you posted) , but I
> assume there a reason for doing this that I’m not aware of.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

kellen sunderland
For TensorRT I'd recommend we just remove the third party folder from
onnx.  I hope this would resolve most dependency license issues.  We do not
use any of the code in that folder.

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019, 9:08 PM Justin Mclean <[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I assume you realise this would be a lot easier if the dependancies were
> not copied into the git tree (as mentioned in the link you posted) , but I
> assume there a reason for doing this that I’m not aware of.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

> Hi Justin, it would be great if we can clarify the policy the submodule dependencies.

Basically follow the guiding principle [1] what states anything that is bundled in a release need to be mentioned in LICENSE. If it not in the release then it doesn’t need to be included.

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

Zach Kimberg
Hi Justin,

We will replace the file CC-BY-SA documentation file with a pointer then.
Because it is a submodule, we can't change it in the code and will just
replace it as part of our release process.

Per you suggestion, I also added copyright owners to the license file in
addition to fixing the various problems. Hopefully that makes it easier to
review. I think our license should be correct now. Can you help take a look
at our master branch (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/blob/master/LICENSE) to see if
there are any problems that I have missed before we continue with our 1.4
release?

Thanks,
Zach

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 1:27 AM Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>

> > Hi Justin, it would be great if we can clarify the policy the submodule
> dependencies.
>
> Basically follow the guiding principle [1] what states anything that is
> bundled in a release need to be mentioned in LICENSE. If it not in the
> release then it doesn’t need to be included.

> 1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

Hagay Lupesko
Thanks Zach for jumping on this!

Justin - Zach's follow up is in this PR into 1.4 branch [1
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/13856>], which includes all
changes (another PR was already merged to master)
Once you confirm changes look good, Steffen can restart the vote process.

Cheers,
Hagay

[1] - https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/13856

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 3:42 PM Zach Kimberg <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Justin,
>
> We will replace the file CC-BY-SA documentation file with a pointer then.
> Because it is a submodule, we can't change it in the code and will just
> replace it as part of our release process.
>
> Per you suggestion, I also added copyright owners to the license file in
> addition to fixing the various problems. Hopefully that makes it easier to
> review. I think our license should be correct now. Can you help take a look
> at our master branch (
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/blob/master/LICENSE) to see if
> there are any problems that I have missed before we continue with our 1.4
> release?
>
> Thanks,
> Zach
>
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 1:27 AM Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>

> > > Hi Justin, it would be great if we can clarify the policy the submodule
> > dependencies.
> >
> > Basically follow the guiding principle [1] what states anything that is
> > bundled in a release need to be mentioned in LICENSE. If it not in the
> > release then it doesn’t need to be included.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Justin
> >
> > 1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.4.0.rc0

> Justin - Zach's follow up is in this PR into 1.4 branch [1
> <https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/13856>], which includes all
> changes (another PR was already merged to master)

If you’ve deal with the CC-SA licensing issue then the other issues were minor and could be fixed in the next release, if it’s better than the last release (which I’m assuming it is) and there no majors problems then it should be fine.