[VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0 Release Candidate 3

[VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0 Release Candidate 3

Makoto Yui-2
Hi all,

The Apache Hivemall community has approved a proposal to release
Apache Hivemall v0.5.0
by v0.5.0 Release Candidate 3.

We now kindly request that the Incubator PMC members review and vote
on this incubator release candidate.

The PPMC vote thread is located here:
    https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@.../msg00462.html
(vote)
    https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@.../msg00468.html
(vote result)

Links to various release artifacts are given below.

    - The source tarball, including signatures, digests, ChangeLog, etc.:
      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hivemall/0.5.0-incubating-rc3/
    - Sources for the release:
      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hivemall/0.5.0-incubating-rc3/hivemall-0.5.0-incubating-source-release.zip
    - Git tag for the release:
      https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hivemall.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/v0.5.0-rc3
    - The Nexus Staging URL:
      https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehivemall-1003/
    - KEYS file for verification:
      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hivemall/KEYS
    - For information about the contents of this release, see:
      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hivemall/0.5.0-incubating-rc3/ChangeLog.html

Artifacts verification how-to can be found in
    http://hivemall.incubator.apache.org/verify_artifacts.html

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1  approve (Release this package as Apache Hivemall 0.5.0-incubating)
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Regards,
Makoto
on behalf of Apache Hivemall PPMC

--
Makoto YUI <myui AT apache.org>
Research Engineer, Treasure Data, Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0 Release Candidate 3

Makoto Yui-2
Hi,

I created a docker image [1,2] to verify release artifacts.

Just run the following command to verify a release artifact.

# 1). run a docker image
$ docker run -it hivemall/verify:v0.5.0-rc3

# 2). download Hivemall release artifacts, build, and run unit tests.
$ ./build_from_src.sh

We need votes from IPMC members.

Thanks,
Makoto

[1] https://hub.docker.com/r/hivemall/verify/
[2] https://github.com/myui/hivemall-dockerfiles

--
Makoto YUI <myui AT apache.org>
Research Engineer, Treasure Data, Inc.
http://myui.github.io/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0 Release Candidate 3

Reynold Xin-3
+1

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 5:20 PM, Makoto Yui <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created a docker image [1,2] to verify release artifacts.
>
> Just run the following command to verify a release artifact.
>
> # 1). run a docker image
> $ docker run -it hivemall/verify:v0.5.0-rc3
>
> # 2). download Hivemall release artifacts, build, and run unit tests.
> $ ./build_from_src.sh
>
> We need votes from IPMC members.
>
> Thanks,
> Makoto
>
> [1] https://hub.docker.com/r/hivemall/verify/
> [2] https://github.com/myui/hivemall-dockerfiles

> > Hi all,
> >
> > The Apache Hivemall community has approved a proposal to release
> > Apache Hivemall v0.5.0
> > by v0.5.0 Release Candidate 3.
> >
> > We now kindly request that the Incubator PMC members review and vote
> > on this incubator release candidate.
> >
> > The PPMC vote thread is located here:
> >     https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@....
> org/msg00462.html
> > (vote)
> >     https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@....
> org/msg00468.html
> > (vote result)
> >
> > Links to various release artifacts are given below.
> >
> >     - The source tarball, including signatures, digests, ChangeLog, etc.:
> >       https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hivemall/0.
> 5.0-incubating-rc3/
> >     - Sources for the release:
> >       https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hivemall/0.
> 5.0-incubating-rc3/hivemall-0.5.0-incubating-source-release.zip
> >     - Git tag for the release:
> >       https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-
> hivemall.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/v0.5.0-rc3
> >     - The Nexus Staging URL:
> >       https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
> orgapachehivemall-1003/
> >     - KEYS file for verification:
> >       https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hivemall/KEYS
> >     - For information about the contents of this release, see:
> >       https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hivemall/0.
> 5.0-incubating-rc3/ChangeLog.html
> >
> > Artifacts verification how-to can be found in
> >     http://hivemall.incubator.apache.org/verify_artifacts.html
> >
> > Please vote accordingly:
> >
> > [ ] +1  approve (Release this package as Apache Hivemall
> 0.5.0-incubating)
> > [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
> >
> > The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Makoto
> > on behalf of Apache Hivemall PPMC
> >
> > --
> > Makoto YUI <myui AT apache.org>
> > Research Engineer, Treasure Data, Inc.
> > http://myui.github.io/
>

> --
> Makoto YUI <myui AT apache.org>
> Research Engineer, Treasure Data, Inc.
> http://myui.github.io/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0 Release Candidate 3

Makoto Yui-2
Hi IPMC members,

It's already 72 hours passed.

We need two more votes from IPMC members.

Could anyone in IPMC volunteer help verifying our release?

With a prepared docker image, just type the following commands to run Rat check:

  $ docker run -it hivemall/verify:v0.5.0-rc3
  $ wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hivemall/0.5.0-incubating-rc3/hivemall-0.5.0-incubating-source-release.zip
  $ unzip hivemall-0.5.0-incubating-source-release.zip
  $ cd hivemall-0.5.0-incubating
  $ mvn apache-rat:check

Thanks,
Makoto

--
Makoto YUI <myui AT apache.org>
Research Engineer, Treasure Data, Inc.
http://myui.github.io/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0 Release Candidate 3

- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes correct
- disclaimer exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE good
- all source files have ASF headers
- no unexpected binary files

I noticed a minor issue is that LICENSE is missing the MIT license for this file [1]

1. hivemall-0.5.0-incubating/src/site/resources/css/font-awesome.css

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0 Release Candidate 3

Makoto Yui-3
Justin,

Thank you for verification!

Will certainly fix `font-awesome.css` issue in the next release.

Makoto

> I checked:
> - incubating in name
> - signatures and hashes correct
> - disclaimer exists
> - LICENSE and NOTICE good
> - all source files have ASF headers
> - no unexpected binary files
>
> I noticed a minor issue is that LICENSE is missing the MIT license for this file [1]

> 1. hivemall-0.5.0-incubating/src/site/resources/css/font-awesome.css

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0 Release Candidate 3

Willem Jiang

I found the License files (LICENSE-jafama.txt and LICENSE-smile) are both
standate ASLV2, they are the same with LICENSE file.  Do we still need to
ship them separately? Can we  just using the LICENSE file directly?

Willem Jiang

Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (English)
          http://jnn.iteye.com  (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 11:40 AM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>

> I checked:
> - incubating in name
> - signatures and hashes correct
> - disclaimer exists
> - LICENSE and NOTICE good
> - all source files have ASF headers
> - no unexpected binary files
>
> I noticed a minor issue is that LICENSE is missing the MIT license for
> this file [1]

> 1. hivemall-0.5.0-incubating/src/site/resources/css/font-awesome.css

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0 Release Candidate 3

Makoto Yui-2
Hi Willem,

We included exact copies of LICENSE file of depending projects.
We can alternatively use LICENSE.ASLv2 Instead of using exact copies
(if there are no diffs).

It's up to you in my understanding.

Thanks,
Makoto

> I found the License files (LICENSE-jafama.txt and LICENSE-smile) are both
> standate ASLV2, they are the same with LICENSE file.  Do we still need to
> ship them separately? Can we  just using the LICENSE file directly?
>

> Willem Jiang
>
> Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (English)
>           http://jnn.iteye.com  (Chinese)
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>
> On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 11:40 AM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> +1 (binding)
>>
>> I checked:
>> - incubating in name
>> - signatures and hashes correct
>> - disclaimer exists
>> - LICENSE and NOTICE good
>> - all source files have ASF headers
>> - no unexpected binary files
>>
>> I noticed a minor issue is that LICENSE is missing the MIT license for
>> this file [1]
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Justin
>>
>> 1. hivemall-0.5.0-incubating/src/site/resources/css/font-awesome.css

Makoto YUI <myui AT apache.org>
Research Engineer, Treasure Data, Inc.
http://myui.github.io/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0 Release Candidate 3

> We included exact copies of LICENSE file of depending projects.
> We can alternatively use LICENSE.ASLv2 Instead of using exact copies
> (if there are no diffs).

Yes the standard Apache license (ALv2) has the same text so no need to include it multiple time if that is the case. [1] Note however that a lot of Apache project bundle 3rd party code so the full license text so they may have additional text. Also if the ALv2 licensed bit of software has a NOTICE file you need to include that in NOTICE.

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0 Release Candidate 3

Willem Jiang
Hi,

I just checked smile and jafama projects they don't have the NOTICE file.
Their License files are standard Apache license (ALv2), we can optimize it
in next release.

Here is my +1(binding) for the release kit.

Willem Jiang

Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (English)
          http://jnn.iteye.com  (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 11:37 AM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>

> > We included exact copies of LICENSE file of depending projects.
> > We can alternatively use LICENSE.ASLv2 Instead of using exact copies
> > (if there are no diffs).
>
> Yes the standard Apache license (ALv2) has the same text so no need to
> include it multiple time if that is the case. [1] Note however that a lot
> of Apache project bundle 3rd party code so the full license text so they
> may have additional text. Also if the ALv2 licensed bit of software has a
> NOTICE file you need to include that in NOTICE.

> 1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0 Release Candidate 3

Makoto Yui-2
William,

Thank you for verification and votes. Will certainly optimize LICENSE
in the next release.

Thanks,
Makoto