[VOTE] Release Apache DolphinScheduler (Incubating) 1.3.1 (ROUND2)

[VOTE] Release Apache DolphinScheduler (Incubating) 1.3.1 (ROUND2)

leon bao
Hello IPMC and DolphinScheduler Community,

This is a call for a vote to release Apache DolphinScheduler (Incubating)
version 1.3.1.

The Apache DolphinScheduler community has voted on and approved a proposal
to release
Apache DolphinScheduler (Incubating) version 1.3.1

We now kindly request the Incubator IPMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

Dolphin Scheduler is a distributed and easy-to-expand visual DAG workflow
scheduling system,
dedicated to solving the complex dependencies in data processing, making
the scheduling system out of the box for data processing.

DolphinScheduler community vote and result threads:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rdef654bbfc36e8fe7f0e04d731d4a1349b833b60b0fe8a7e4d2e5e13%40%3Cdev.dolphinscheduler.apache.org%3E

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rc9308eb95100d17dcd183373561b5bc72a22da83116377b7ad3b299a%40%3Cdev.dolphinscheduler.apache.org%3E

Release changes:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler/milestone/7

The release candidates:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dolphinscheduler/1.3.1/

Maven 2 staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedolphinscheduler-1028/org/apache/dolphinscheduler/

Git tag for the release:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler/tree/1.3.1

Release Commit ID:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler/commit/a4272efa55376f59a175d5484e21f83674b97084

Keys to verify the Release Candidate:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dolphinscheduler/KEYS

Look at here for how to verify this release candidate:
https://dolphinscheduler.apache.org/en-us/docs/development/release.html

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until a necessary number of
votes are reached.
Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approveg

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Checklist for reference:

[ ] Download links are valid.

[ ] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.

[ ] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.

[ ] LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct for each DolphinScheduler repo.

[ ] All files have license headers if necessary.

[ ] No compiled archives bundled in source archive.

More detail checklist please refer:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Incubator+Release+Checklist

The following votes are carried over from DolphinScheduler dev mailing list:
 +1  Furkan KAMACI
 +1  Kevin Ratnasekera

--
DolphinScheduler(Incubator)  PPMC
BaoLiang 鲍亮

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DolphinScheduler (Incubating) 1.3.1 (ROUND2)

- Incubating in name
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE is OK
- NOTICE has some minor issues (see below)
- All ASF file shave ASF headers
- Not unexpected binary files
- Can Compile from source

The NOTICE file in general should not contain license information as that belongs in LICENSE. I see you copied all of the mybatis NOTICE file when it’s probably not needed. for instance does your release contain OGNL? I don’t think there any reason to mention Spring Framework in your NOTICE file as it has no NOTICE file.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DolphinScheduler (Incubating) 1.3.1 (ROUND2)

lgcareer2019@outlook.com

Thanks for your suggest and guidence. In order to keep the notice file as brief and simple as possible in our next release,
I have the following questions to verify and wish your response.

The first minor issue of the following I didn't understand clearly,whether the notice file means both the binary notice file and source notice file.
I checked over the binary notice file but I didn't know how to verify what is the license information exactly in our notice.
I only found the content of [1] may be the license information.
Whether we only need the content of [1] and if not could you take a example?It would be wonderful if here is a example.
> The NOTICE file in general should not contain license information as that belongs in LICENSE.

Yes,I copied all of the mybatis NOTICE file and put it into our binary notice file and source notice file.I saw you suggest we to remove the useless parts such as the OGNL.
Whether it means need remove source notice file only?
> I see you copied all of the mybatis NOTICE file when it’s probably not needed. for instance does your release contain OGNL?

The reason was that I searched the keyword on the github and found the notice file of url https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-framework/blob/v5.1.5.RELEASE/src/docs/dist/notice.txt.
So I copied it to the notice file. Based on the above,Should I only need to see the source NOTICE file whether existed in the top directory?
>I don’t think there any reason to mention Spring Framework in your NOTICE file as it has no NOTICE file.

1.May be license information in the notice file.
  Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
  you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
  You may obtain a copy of the License at

  limitations under the License.

 Thanks,
 Gang Li

DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
Gang Li 李岗

[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DolphinScheduler (Incubating) 1.3.1 (ROUND2)

> The first minor issue of the following I didn't understand clearly, whether the notice file means both the binary notice file and source notice file.

I just looked at the source release.

> Yes,I copied all of the mybatis NOTICE file and put it into our binary notice file and source notice file.I saw you suggest we to remove the useless parts such as the OGNL.

You can keep it all but it a good idea to remove what’s not needed.

> The reason was that I searched the keyword on the github and found the notice file of url https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-framework/blob/v5.1.5.RELEASE/src/docs/dist/notice.txt.

There’s no NOTICE file at the top level so I would go with that, up to to you [1]

1. https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-framework/tree/v5.1.5.RELEASE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DolphinScheduler (Incubating) 1.3.1 (ROUND2)

lgcareer2019@outlook.com
Thanks,I will remove the OGNL in the source notice next release.
I checkd over the soure notice file.
And I think the license information that you said and suggest to remove is that the following [1].

1.The license information need to removed out from the source notice

From: Justin Mclean
Date: 2020-07-13 17:36
To: general
Hi,

> The first minor issue of the following I didn't understand clearly, whether the notice file means both the binary notice file and source notice file.

I just looked at the source release.

> Yes,I copied all of the mybatis NOTICE file and put it into our binary notice file and source notice file.I saw you suggest we to remove the useless parts such as the OGNL.

You can keep it all but it a good idea to remove what’s not needed.

> The reason was that I searched the keyword on the github and found the notice file of url https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-framework/blob/v5.1.5.RELEASE/src/docs/dist/notice.txt.

There’s no NOTICE file at the top level so I would go with that, up to to you [1]

1. https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-framework/tree/v5.1.5.RELEASE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DolphinScheduler (Incubating) 1.3.1 (ROUND2)

Furkan KAMACI
Hi,

+1 from me (binding, carrying over my vote).

I checked:

- Incubating in name
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE are fine
- No unexpected binary files
- Checked PGP signatures
- Checked Checksums
- Code compiles and tests successfully run
- Apache rat checks are OK

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI