[VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 4.0.2 (RC 5)

[VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 4.0.2 (RC 5)

Hiram Chirino
Some copyright header/licence/notice issues were found in the 4th release
candidate of the
4.0.2 build.  I have cut and RC 5 of the 4.0.2 build with the fixes and it's
available here:

http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0.2-RC5/maven1/incubator-activemq/distributions/

Maven 1 and Maven 2 repos for this release can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0.2-RC5

Here's the wiki page for the release notes:
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-402-release.html

Please vote to approve this release binary

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ  4.0.2

This vote is being cross posted to the general incubator mailing list also
to expedite the voting process.

Here's my +1

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 4.0.2 (RC 5)

robert burrell donkin-2
On 10/19/06, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Some copyright header/licence/notice issues were found in the 4th release
> candidate of the
> 4.0.2 build.  I have cut and RC 5 of the 4.0.2 build with the fixes and it's
> available here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0.2-RC5/maven1/incubator-activemq/distributions/
>
> Maven 1 and Maven 2 repos for this release can be found at:
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0.2-RC5
>
> Here's the wiki page for the release notes:
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-402-release.html
>
> Please vote to approve this release binary
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ  4.0.2
>
> This vote is being cross posted to the general incubator mailing list also
> to expedite the voting process.

the incubator-activemq-4.0.2 seems to be short of NOTICE files.
there's not one at the top level and the 'activemq-core-4.0.2.jar' and
'activemq-console-4.0.2.jar' subdirectories don't contain NOTICEs. one
at top level would have been enough. the NOTICE file needs to be the
one with the correct attributions in. if you want to distribute this
jar via a repository, this needs to be sorted out.

i have no other major concerns but that creative commons licensing
needs to be checked on the legal discuss list.

one point: i suspect that under the creative commons license Dean
Edwards, Tino Zijdel and Aran @ stuio7designs.com deserve crediting in
the NOTICE. please check on the legal discuss list that i'm right.

- robert

On 10/19/06, robert burrell donkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10/19/06, Hiram Chirino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Some copyright header/licence/notice issues were found in the 4th
> release
> > candidate of the
> > 4.0.2 build.  I have cut and RC 5 of the 4.0.2 build with the fixes and
> it's
> > available here:
> >

> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0.2-RC5/maven1/incubator-activemq/distributions/
> >
> > Maven 1 and Maven 2 repos for this release can be found at:
> > http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0.2-RC5
> >
> > Here's the wiki page for the release notes:
> > http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-402-release.html
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release binary
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ  4.0.2
> > [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)
> >
> > This vote is being cross posted to the general incubator mailing list
> also
> > to expedite the voting process.
>
> the incubator-activemq-4.0.2 seems to be short of NOTICE files.
> there's not one at the top level and the 'activemq-core-4.0.2.jar' and
> 'activemq-console-4.0.2.jar' subdirectories don't contain NOTICEs. one
> at top level would have been enough. the NOTICE file needs to be the
> one with the correct attributions in. if you want to distribute this
> jar via a repository, this needs to be sorted out.

Are you saying that the NOTICE file should be inside the jar or in the
directory holding the jars?

i have no other major concerns but that creative commons licensing
> needs to be checked on the legal discuss list.
>
> one point: i suspect that under the creative commons license Dean
> Edwards, Tino Zijdel and Aran @ stuio7designs.com deserve crediting in
> the NOTICE. please check on the legal discuss list that i'm right.

Thanks will do!  Oh.. soo close!

- robert

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 4.0.2 (RC 5)

Adrian Co