[VOTE] Pulsar 1.22.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

[VOTE] Pulsar 1.22.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

Jai Asher
Kindly ignore the previous message sent on the same subject since it
contained the wrong dates.
==========================

This is the fourth release candidate for Apache Pulsar, version
1.22.0-incubating.

It fixes the following issues:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/milestone/11?closed=1

*** Please download, test and vote by Thursday, March 1, 2018, 10:00 GMT.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
convenience.

Source and binary files:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pulsar/
pulsar-1.22.0-incubating-candidate-3/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachepulsar-1010/

The tag to be voted upon:
v1.22.0-incubating-candidate-3 (5d14788e510faec23fd8ed189ed343e93b489dda)
https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/releases/tag/
v1.22.0-incubating-candidate-3

Pulsar's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/pulsar/KEYS

Please download the source package, and follow the README to build
and run the Pulsar standalone service.

Re: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.22.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

Sijie Guo-2
+1

* the distributions looks good (checked md5, sha, asc)
* test the binary distribution: standalone, run examples
* src distribution looks good: compile, unit tests, run standalone and
examples.

Verified at MacOS 10.13.1

- Sijie

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 3:42 PM, Jai Asher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Kindly ignore the previous message sent on the same subject since it
> contained the wrong dates.
> ==========================
>
> This is the fourth release candidate for Apache Pulsar, version
> 1.22.0-incubating.
>
> It fixes the following issues:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/milestone/11?closed=1
>
> *** Please download, test and vote by Thursday, March 1, 2018, 10:00 GMT.
>
> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
> convenience.
>
> Source and binary files:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pulsar/
> pulsar-1.22.0-incubating-candidate-3/
>
> Maven staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachepulsar-1010/
>
> The tag to be voted upon:
> v1.22.0-incubating-candidate-3 (5d14788e510faec23fd8ed189ed343e93b489dda)
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/releases/tag/
> v1.22.0-incubating-candidate-3
>
> Pulsar's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/pulsar/KEYS
>
> Please download the source package, and follow the README to build
> and run the Pulsar standalone service.

Re: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.22.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

Andrews Sahaya Albert
+1

- Verified signatures
- Ran simple producer & consumer against the binary distribution
- Compiled the src distribution, ran unit tests and ran sample
producer/consumer test against it
- OS version: MacOS 10.12.6

- I had to update "advertisedAddress=" to localhost in
conf/standalone.conf to get the producer and consumer connect to the
broker, which I didn't have to do in previous releases. It could be
due to my laptop upgrade. Can't we set "localhost" as the default
value instead of empty?

2018-03-01 23:24:51,640 - WARN  -
[pulsar-client-io-1-1:ConnectionPool@200] - Failed to open connection
to MYHOSTNAME:6650 : CompletionException
2018-03-01 23:24:51,640 - WARN  -
[pulsar-client-io-1-1:HandlerBase@85] -
[persistent://sample/standalone/test1/t1-51] [sub1] Error connecting
to broker: org.apache.pulsar.client.api.PulsarClientException:
java.util.concurrent.CompletionException:
java.net.UnknownHostException: failed to resolve 'MYHOSTNAME' after 4
queries

Thanks,
Andrews.

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 12:40 AM, Sijie Guo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> * the distributions looks good (checked md5, sha, asc)
> * test the binary distribution: standalone, run examples
> * src distribution looks good: compile, unit tests, run standalone and
> examples.
>
> Verified at MacOS 10.13.1
>
> - Sijie
>

> On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 3:42 PM, Jai Asher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Kindly ignore the previous message sent on the same subject since it
>> contained the wrong dates.
>> ==========================
>>
>> This is the fourth release candidate for Apache Pulsar, version
>> 1.22.0-incubating.
>>
>> It fixes the following issues:
>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/milestone/11?closed=1
>>
>> *** Please download, test and vote by Thursday, March 1, 2018, 10:00 GMT.
>>
>> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
>> convenience.
>>
>> Source and binary files:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pulsar/
>> pulsar-1.22.0-incubating-candidate-3/
>>
>> Maven staging repo:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachepulsar-1010/
>>
>> The tag to be voted upon:
>> v1.22.0-incubating-candidate-3 (5d14788e510faec23fd8ed189ed343e93b489dda)
>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/releases/tag/
>> v1.22.0-incubating-candidate-3
>>
>> Pulsar's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/pulsar/KEYS
>>
>> Please download the source package, and follow the README to build
>> and run the Pulsar standalone service.

Re: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.22.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

+1 binding

A minor issue the NOTICE year need updating.

I checked:
- incubating in name
- hashes and signatures good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE is good
- NOTICE year is last year
- can compile from source

Re: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.22.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

Jim Jagielski

> [...]
>>>
>>> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
>>> convenience.
>>>
>>> Source and binary files:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pulsar/
>>> pulsar-1.22.0-incubating-candidate-3/
>>>
>>> Maven staging repo:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachepulsar-1010/
>>>
>>> The tag to be voted upon:
>>> v1.22.0-incubating-candidate-3 (5d14788e510faec23fd8ed189ed343e93b489dda)
>>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/releases/tag/
>>> v1.22.0-incubating-candidate-3
>>>
>>> Pulsar's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/pulsar/KEYS
>>>
>>> Please download the source package, and follow the README to build
>>> and run the Pulsar standalone service.

Re: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.22.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

The vote for releasing Apache Pulsar 1.22.0-incubating is now closed.

With a total of +5 binding votes and no -1 votes, the vote passes.

+1s (binding):
Sijie
Justin
Stian
Andrews
Jim

Thanks a lot to all the reviewers for taking the time to validate this
release!

Regards,
Jai