[VOTE] Pulsar 1.21.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

[VOTE] Pulsar 1.21.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

Nozomi Kurihara
This is the fourth release candidate for Apache Pulsar, version 1.21.0-incubating.

Pulsar is a highly scalable, low latency messaging platform running on
commodity hardware. It provides simple pub-sub semantics over topics,
guaranteed at-least-once delivery of messages, automatic cursor management
for subscribers, and cross-datacenter replication.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for convenience.

Fixed issues:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/milestone/10?closed=1

Source and binary files:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pulsar/pulsar-1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachepulsar-1005/

The tag to be voted upon:
v1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3
https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/releases/tag/v1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3

Pulsar's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/pulsar/KEYS

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/51c0737bcfee37073017291adb6453c27f9562dc9905f8eccdc78abe@%3Cdev.pulsar.apache.org%3E

Please download the the source package, and follow the README to build and run the Pulsar standalone service.

This vote will stay open for at least 72 hours (around December 15th 2017, 10:00 GMT).

Regards,
Nozomi

Re: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.21.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE good
- no unexpected binaries in source release
- all ASF files have ASF headers (a few generated files are marked as such and have no headers)
- can compile from source

Re: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.21.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

Henk P. Penning-2
On Tue, 12 Dec 2017, Nozomi Kurihara wrote:

> Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 03:52:27 +0100
> From: Nozomi Kurihara <[hidden email]>
> To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.21.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

Hi Nozomi Kurihara,

   Please don't use the ".sha" extension ;
   use ".sha1", ".sha256", or ".sha512" instead.

   ref : http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#sigs-and-sums

   Groeten,

   Henk Penning

------------------------------------------------------------   _
Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof HFG-406   _/ \_
Faculty of Science, Utrecht University    T +31 30 253 4106 / \_/ \
Budapestlaan 6, 3584CD Utrecht, NL        F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M [hidden email]     \_/

> This is the fourth release candidate for Apache Pulsar, version 1.21.0-incubating.
> Pulsar is a highly scalable, low latency messaging platform running on
> commodity hardware. It provides simple pub-sub semantics over topics,
> guaranteed at-least-once delivery of messages, automatic cursor management
> for subscribers, and cross-datacenter replication.
>
> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for convenience.
>
> Fixed issues:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/milestone/10?closed=1
>
> Source and binary files:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pulsar/pulsar-1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3/
>
> Maven staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachepulsar-1005/
>
> The tag to be voted upon:
> v1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/releases/tag/v1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3
>
> Pulsar's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/pulsar/KEYS

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/51c0737bcfee37073017291adb6453c27f9562dc9905f8eccdc78abe@%3Cdev.pulsar.apache.org%3E
>
> Please download the the source package, and follow the README to build and run the Pulsar standalone service.
>
> This vote will stay open for at least 72 hours (around December 15th 2017, 10:00 GMT).
>
> Regards,
> Nozomi

RE: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.21.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

Nozomi Kurihara
Hi Henk,

Thanks for the comment.

I'll fix the extension.

Regards,

Nozomi

________________________________
On Tue, 12 Dec 2017, Nozomi Kurihara wrote:

> Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 03:52:27 +0100
> From: Nozomi Kurihara <[hidden email]>
> To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.21.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

Hi Nozomi Kurihara,

   Please don't use the ".sha" extension ;
   use ".sha1", ".sha256", or ".sha512" instead.

   ref : http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#sigs-and-sums

   Groeten,

   Henk Penning

------------------------------------------------------------   _
Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof HFG-406   _/ \_
Faculty of Science, Utrecht University    T +31 30 253 4106 / \_/ \
Budapestlaan 6, 3584CD Utrecht, NL        F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M [hidden email]     \_/

> This is the fourth release candidate for Apache Pulsar, version 1.21.0-incubating.
> Pulsar is a highly scalable, low latency messaging platform running on
> commodity hardware. It provides simple pub-sub semantics over topics,
> guaranteed at-least-once delivery of messages, automatic cursor management
> for subscribers, and cross-datacenter replication.
>
> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for convenience.
>
> Fixed issues:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/milestone/10?closed=1
>
> Source and binary files:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pulsar/pulsar-1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3/
>
> Maven staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachepulsar-1005/
>
> The tag to be voted upon:
> v1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/releases/tag/v1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3
>
> Pulsar's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/pulsar/KEYS

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/51c0737bcfee37073017291adb6453c27f9562dc9905f8eccdc78abe@%3Cdev.pulsar.apache.org%3E
>
> Please download the the source package, and follow the README to build and run the Pulsar standalone service.
>
> This vote will stay open for at least 72 hours (around December 15th 2017, 10:00 GMT).
>
> Regards,
> Nozomi

Re: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.21.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

Sergio Fernández-2

So far I've successfully checked:
* signatures and digests
* source releases file layouts
* matched git tags and commit ids
* incubator suffix and disclaimer
* NOTICE and LICENSE files
* license headers
* clean build (Java 1.8.0_151, Debian amd64)

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 6:52 PM, Nozomi Kurihara <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> This is the fourth release candidate for Apache Pulsar, version
> 1.21.0-incubating.
>
> Pulsar is a highly scalable, low latency messaging platform running on
> commodity hardware. It provides simple pub-sub semantics over topics,
> guaranteed at-least-once delivery of messages, automatic cursor management
> for subscribers, and cross-datacenter replication.
>
> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
> convenience.
>
> Fixed issues:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/milestone/10?closed=1
>
> Source and binary files:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pulsar/
> pulsar-1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3/
>
> Maven staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachepulsar-1005/
>
> The tag to be voted upon:
> v1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/releases/tag/
> v1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3
>
> Pulsar's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/pulsar/KEYS

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/51c0737bcfee37073017291adb6453
> c27f9562dc9905f8eccdc78abe@%3Cdev.pulsar.apache.org%3E
>
> Please download the the source package, and follow the README to build and
> run the Pulsar standalone service.
>
> This vote will stay open for at least 72 hours (around December 15th 2017,
> 10:00 GMT).
>
> Regards,
> Nozomi

RE: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.21.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

Nozomi Kurihara
Hi all,

I have fixed SHA extension.

> Please don't use the ".sha" extension ;
> use ".sha1", ".sha256", or ".sha512" instead.

> ref : http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#sigs-and-sums

Thanks,
Nozomi

________________________________
差出人: Sergio Fernández <[hidden email]>
送信日�r: 2017年12月13日 11:42
宛先: [hidden email]

+1 (binding)

wrote:

> This is the fourth release candidate for Apache Pulsar, version
> 1.21.0-incubating.
>
> Pulsar is a highly scalable, low latency messaging platform running on
> commodity hardware. It provides simple pub-sub semantics over topics,
> guaranteed at-least-once delivery of messages, automatic cursor management
> for subscribers, and cross-datacenter replication.
>
> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
> convenience.
>
> Fixed issues:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/milestone/10?closed=1
>
> Source and binary files:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pulsar/
> pulsar-1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3/
>
> Maven staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachepulsar-1005/
>
> The tag to be voted upon:
> v1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/releases/tag/
> v1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3
>
> Pulsar's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/pulsar/KEYS

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/51c0737bcfee37073017291adb6453
> c27f9562dc9905f8eccdc78abe@%3Cdev.pulsar.apache.org%3E
>
> Please download the the source package, and follow the README to build and
> run the Pulsar standalone service.
>
> This vote will stay open for at least 72 hours (around December 15th 2017,
> 10:00 GMT).
>
> Regards,
> Nozomi

RE: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.21.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

Nozomi Kurihara
Hi,

Though 72 hours has passed,

the vote is still open for at least 3 binding +1s.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/wiki/Release-process#9-run-the-vote-on-incubator

Could you please check and vote if you have a chance?

Regards,

Nozomi

________________________________
差出人: Nozomi Kurihara <[hidden email]>
送信日�r: 2017年12月13日 17:00:36
宛先: [hidden email]

Hi all,

I have fixed SHA extension.

差出人: Sergio Fernández <[hidden email]>
送信日�r: 2017年12月13日 11:42
宛先: [hidden email]

+1 (binding)

wrote:

> This is the fourth release candidate for Apache Pulsar, version
> 1.21.0-incubating.
>
> Pulsar is a highly scalable, low latency messaging platform running on
> commodity hardware. It provides simple pub-sub semantics over topics,
> guaranteed at-least-once delivery of messages, automatic cursor management
> for subscribers, and cross-datacenter replication.
>
> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
> convenience.
>
> Fixed issues:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/milestone/10?closed=1
>
> Source and binary files:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pulsar/
> pulsar-1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3/
>
> Maven staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachepulsar-1005/
>
> The tag to be voted upon:
> v1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/releases/tag/
> v1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3
>
> Pulsar's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/pulsar/KEYS

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/51c0737bcfee37073017291adb6453
> c27f9562dc9905f8eccdc78abe@%3Cdev.pulsar.apache.org%3E
>
> Please download the the source package, and follow the README to build and
> run the Pulsar standalone service.
>
> This vote will stay open for at least 72 hours (around December 15th 2017,
> 10:00 GMT).
>
> Regards,
> Nozomi

Re: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.21.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

John D. Ament-2
+1 to release.

John

On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 7:39 PM Nozomi Kurihara <[hidden email]>

> Though 72 hours has passed,
>
> the vote is still open for at least 3 binding +1s.
>

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/wiki/Release-process#9-run-the-vote-on-incubator
>

> Could you please check and vote if you have a chance?
>

> Regards,
>
> Nozomi

Jim Jagielski