[VOTE] Mark lucene4c as dormant

Garrett Rooney
Since there hasn't been any significant work on Lucene4c in quite some
time, I'd like to officially mark it as dormant so I don't have to
keep writing board reports that just say "there has been no progress
in the last 3 months".

So, cast your votes now:

  [ ] +1 - Mark Lucene4c as dormant.
  [ ]  0 - I have no opinion.
  [ ] -1 - No, please keep it!  [include reason]

-garrett

Re: [VOTE] Mark lucene4c as dormant

Garrett Rooney
On 10/9/06, Garrett Rooney <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Since there hasn't been any significant work on Lucene4c in quite some
> time, I'd like to officially mark it as dormant so I don't have to
> keep writing board reports that just say "there has been no progress
> in the last 3 months".
>
> So, cast your votes now:
>
>   [ ] +1 - Mark Lucene4c as dormant.
>   [ ]  0 - I have no opinion.
>   [ ] -1 - No, please keep it!  [include reason]

+1 from me, FWIW.

-garrett

Re: [VOTE] Mark lucene4c as dormant

Yoav Shapira-2

On 10/9/06, Garrett Rooney <[hidden email]> wrote:
>   [ X ] +1 - Mark Lucene4c as dormant.
>   [ ]  0 - I have no opinion.
>   [ ] -1 - No, please keep it!  [include reason]

Will people have a post-ApacheCon todo / done list as well?  I saw
this item on your preconference todo list ;)

Yoav

On 10/9/06, Yoav Shapira <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 10/9/06, Garrett Rooney <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >   [ X ] +1 - Mark Lucene4c as dormant.
> >   [ ]  0 - I have no opinion.
> >   [ ] -1 - No, please keep it!  [include reason]
>
> Will people have a post-ApacheCon todo / done list as well?  I saw
> this item on your preconference todo list ;)

I was thinking of posting a "here's what I actually got done" list ;-)

-garrett

Re: [VOTE] Mark lucene4c as dormant

Erik Hatcher

Sorry to see Lucene4c go dormant, but here's to the success of Lucy!

        Erik

On Oct 9, 2006, at 11:34 AM, Garrett Rooney wrote:

> Since there hasn't been any significant work on Lucene4c in quite some
> time, I'd like to officially mark it as dormant so I don't have to
> keep writing board reports that just say "there has been no progress
> in the last 3 months".
>
> So, cast your votes now:
>
>  [ ] +1 - Mark Lucene4c as dormant.
>  [ ]  0 - I have no opinion.
>  [ ] -1 - No, please keep it!  [include reason]
>
> -garrett

RE: [VOTE] Mark lucene4c as dormant

George Aroush
And may I suggest that on the Lucene main page, here
http://lucene.apache.org/, we replace the link to Lucene4C to link to
Lucene.Net, which is http://incubator.apache.org/lucene.net/

I be happy to do this myself if someone will tell me where to find the page
to http://lucene.apache.org/ -- of course, I am assuming it's OK to do this
link change.

Regards,

-- George

Sorry to see Lucene4c go dormant, but here's to the success of Lucy!

        Erik

On Oct 9, 2006, at 11:34 AM, Garrett Rooney wrote:

> Since there hasn't been any significant work on Lucene4c in quite some
> time, I'd like to officially mark it as dormant so I don't have to
> keep writing board reports that just say "there has been no progress
> in the last 3 months".
>
> So, cast your votes now:
>
>  [ ] +1 - Mark Lucene4c as dormant.
>  [ ]  0 - I have no opinion.
>  [ ] -1 - No, please keep it!  [include reason]
>
> -garrett

RE: [VOTE] Mark lucene4c as dormant

Noel J. Bergman

        --- Noel

Re: [VOTE] Mark lucene4c as dormant

Yoav Shapira-2
Please don't replace the link yet.  If you wish to add a link to
Lucene.Net in addition to the existing lucene4c one, have a blast
(though note I'm not in the lucene PMC).  Dormancy doesn't quite mean
death yet: we will probably mark it as dormant, put up a notice,
redirect mailing lists, etc, but the project won't compeltely
disappear off the face of the planet right away, and these links are
important for current users (however few there may be...)

Yoav

On 10/9/06, George Aroush <[hidden email]> wrote:

> And may I suggest that on the Lucene main page, here
> http://lucene.apache.org/, we replace the link to Lucene4C to link to
> Lucene.Net, which is http://incubator.apache.org/lucene.net/
>
> I be happy to do this myself if someone will tell me where to find the page
> to http://lucene.apache.org/ -- of course, I am assuming it's OK to do this
> link change.
>
> Regards,
>
> -- George

Thanks Yoav.

Eric, all: I don't have permission to modify the index.html file (at
http://lucene.apache.org/) to add a link to Lucene.Net so I am sending a
patch (see attached.)

Thanks.

-- George

Please don't replace the link yet.  If you wish to add a link to Lucene.Net
in addition to the existing lucene4c one, have a blast (though note I'm not
in the lucene PMC).  Dormancy doesn't quite mean death yet: we will probably
mark it as dormant, put up a notice, redirect mailing lists, etc, but the
project won't compeltely disappear off the face of the planet right away,
and these links are important for current users (however few there may
be...)

Yoav

On 10/9/06, George Aroush <[hidden email]> wrote:

> And may I suggest that on the Lucene main page, here
> http://lucene.apache.org/, we replace the link to Lucene4C to link to
> Lucene.Net, which is http://incubator.apache.org/lucene.net/
>
> I be happy to do this myself if someone will tell me where to find the
> page to http://lucene.apache.org/ -- of course, I am assuming it's OK
> to do this link change.
>
> Regards,
>
> -- George

George,

I presume "Eric" is referring to :)

The incubator e-mail list isn't the appropriate forum for the Lucene
website topic, so let's take that offline after this message.   I'm
copying the Lucene PMC so they can provide you and I with details on
generating the Lucene site, as I'm in the dark on that myself.

The Lucene site is in svn here: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/
lucene/site and is managed with Forrest.  Your patch didn't make it
through, so I'm not sure what file you patched, but since it is
driven by Forrest, the index.xml file is what requires modification,
not index.html.  Please set up your local environment to generate the
Lucene site (I'm not quite sure how to do this myself - see Forrest
documentation presumably) so you can test changes out locally before
submitting patches.

        Erik

On Oct 9, 2006, at 8:44 PM, George Aroush wrote:

> Thanks Yoav.
>
> Eric, all: I don't have permission to modify the index.html file (at
> http://lucene.apache.org/) to add a link to Lucene.Net so I am
> sending a
> patch (see attached.)
>
> Thanks.
>
> -- George

Leo Simons
On Oct 9, 2006, at 5:34 PM, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> Since there hasn't been any significant work on Lucene4c in quite some
> time, I'd like to officially mark it as dormant so I don't have to
> keep writing board reports that just say "there has been no progress
> in the last 3 months".

does "I" here means "lucene4c community"?

> So, cast your votes now:
>
>  [ ] +1 - Mark Lucene4c as dormant.
>  [ ]  0 - I have no opinion.
>  [ ] -1 - No, please keep it!  [include reason]

+1, assuming "the lucene4c people" (whoever that are) are happy with
this too.

LSD

On 10/10/06, Leo Simons <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 9, 2006, at 5:34 PM, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> > Since there hasn't been any significant work on Lucene4c in quite some
> > time, I'd like to officially mark it as dormant so I don't have to
> > keep writing board reports that just say "there has been no progress
> > in the last 3 months".
>
> does "I" here means "lucene4c community"?
>
> > So, cast your votes now:
> >
> >  [ ] +1 - Mark Lucene4c as dormant.
> >  [ ]  0 - I have no opinion.
> >  [ ] -1 - No, please keep it!  [include reason]
>
> +1, assuming "the lucene4c people" (whoever that are) are happy with
> this too.

The "lucene4c people" basically means me, and Paul to some extent,
although he never realy got around to doing anything ;-)

-garrett

Re: [VOTE] Mark lucene4c as dormant

Yonik Seeley

-Yonik

On 10/9/06, Garrett Rooney <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Since there hasn't been any significant work on Lucene4c in quite some
> time, I'd like to officially mark it as dormant so I don't have to
> keep writing board reports that just say "there has been no progress
> in the last 3 months".
>
> So, cast your votes now:
>
>   [ ] +1 - Mark Lucene4c as dormant.
>   [ ]  0 - I have no opinion.
>   [ ] -1 - No, please keep it!  [include reason]
>
> -garrett

Re: [VOTE] Mark lucene4c as dormant

Roy T. Fielding

....Roy