[VOTE] Impala 2.9.0 release candidate 1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[VOTE] Impala 2.9.0 release candidate 1

Taras Bobrovytsky
Impala 2.9.0 release candidate 1 has passed a PPMC vote; this email is
a call for an IPMC vote.

The PPMC vote thread is:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f913ab0376f997fedd9a018715ce4b
3e88da67226e26751ea0e1f105@%3Cdev.impala.apache.org%3E
<a href="http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/impala-dev/201706.mbox/%">http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/impala-dev/201706.mbox/%
3CCAAXWMB7EAUnMnshPaCWC3i69C-rdduA-URyFw%3DZ4GHaVD6jxwA%40mail.gmail.com%3E

The vote result thread is:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/877a75e7905b41b87df9901c2eae77
b0331ccb8638905422bea06bb4@%3Cdev.impala.apache.org%3E

The artifacts for testing are at
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/impala/2.9.0/RC1/>.
That is git tag 2.9.0-rc1, tree hash
93a1ac914dab21c4e08c630178aa6f8235f2d6f6, visible at
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-impala.git;a=tree;h=
93a1ac914dab21c4e08c630178aa6f8235f2d6f6>.

The KEYS are at <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/
impala/KEYS>.

To run RAT, follow the instructions in bin/check-rat-report.py. To
build, follow the instructions in bin/bootstrap_build.sh.

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, or until the necessary
number of votes (3 +1) is reached.

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Impala 2.9.0 release candidate 1

Justin Mclean
Hi,

+1 (binding)

I checked:
- incubating in name
- hashes and signatures right
- disclaimer exists
- NOTICE good
- LICENSE has a few minor issues
- no unexpected binary files
- source files have ASF headers
- didn’t they compiling as only supported on linux

LICENSE has a couple of very minor issue:
- [1] is missing from license.
- [2] probably shouldn't have an ASF headers on it and be mentioned in LICENSE as it contains BSD licensed code.
- This file [3] contains public domain license SHA-1 code by Steve Reid this shod be added to LICENSE.

Thanks,
Justin

1 ./shell/pkg_resources.py
2. ./cmake_modules/FindProtobuf.cmake
3. ./be/src/thirdparty/squeasel/squeasel.c


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Impala 2.9.0 release candidate 1

John D. Ament-2
In reply to this post by Taras Bobrovytsky
+1

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 5:23 PM Taras Bobrovytsky <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Impala 2.9.0 release candidate 1 has passed a PPMC vote; this email is
> a call for an IPMC vote.
>
> The PPMC vote thread is:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f913ab0376f997fedd9a018715ce4b
> 3e88da67226e26751ea0e1f105@%3Cdev.impala.apache.org%3E
> <a href="http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/impala-dev/201706.mbox/%">http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/impala-dev/201706.mbox/%
> 3CCAAXWMB7EAUnMnshPaCWC3i69C-rdduA-URyFw%3DZ4GHaVD6jxwA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
> <http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/impala-dev/201706.mbox/%3CCAAXWMB7EAUnMnshPaCWC3i69C-rdduA-URyFw%3DZ4GHaVD6jxwA%40mail.gmail.com%3E>
>
> The vote result thread is:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/877a75e7905b41b87df9901c2eae77
> b0331ccb8638905422bea06bb4@%3Cdev.impala.apache.org%3E
>
> The artifacts for testing are at
> <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/impala/2.9.0/RC1/>.
> That is git tag 2.9.0-rc1, tree hash
> 93a1ac914dab21c4e08c630178aa6f8235f2d6f6, visible at
> <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-impala.git;a=tree;h=
> 93a1ac914dab21c4e08c630178aa6f8235f2d6f6
> <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-impala.git;a=tree;h=93a1ac914dab21c4e08c630178aa6f8235f2d6f6>
> >.
>
> The KEYS are at <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/
> impala/KEYS <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/impala/KEYS>
> >.
>
> To run RAT, follow the instructions in bin/check-rat-report.py. To
> build, follow the instructions in bin/bootstrap_build.sh.
>
> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, or until the necessary
> number of votes (3 +1) is reached.
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release
> [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Impala 2.9.0 release candidate 1

Todd Lipcon-4
+1 (binding)

- compiled on el6
- looked at diff from 2.8, looking for any bad license/copyright/etc which
might be problematic, didnt see anything

-Todd

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 5:29 AM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>
> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 5:23 PM Taras Bobrovytsky <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Impala 2.9.0 release candidate 1 has passed a PPMC vote; this email is
> > a call for an IPMC vote.
> >
> > The PPMC vote thread is:
> > https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f913ab0376f997fedd9a018715ce4b
> > 3e88da67226e26751ea0e1f105@%3Cdev.impala.apache.org%3E
> > <a href="http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/impala-dev/201706.mbox/%">http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/impala-dev/201706.mbox/%
> > 3CCAAXWMB7EAUnMnshPaCWC3i69C-rdduA-URyFw%3DZ4GHaVD6jxwA%40mail.gmail.com
> %3E
> > <<a href="http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/impala-dev/201706.mbox/%">http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/impala-dev/201706.mbox/%
> 3CCAAXWMB7EAUnMnshPaCWC3i69C-rdduA-URyFw%3DZ4GHaVD6jxwA%
> 40mail.gmail.com%3E>
> >
> > The vote result thread is:
> > https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/877a75e7905b41b87df9901c2eae77
> > b0331ccb8638905422bea06bb4@%3Cdev.impala.apache.org%3E
> >
> > The artifacts for testing are at
> > <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/impala/2.9.0/RC1/>.
> > That is git tag 2.9.0-rc1, tree hash
> > 93a1ac914dab21c4e08c630178aa6f8235f2d6f6, visible at
> > <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-
> impala.git;a=tree;h=
> > 93a1ac914dab21c4e08c630178aa6f8235f2d6f6
> > <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-
> impala.git;a=tree;h=93a1ac914dab21c4e08c630178aa6f8235f2d6f6>
> > >.
> >
> > The KEYS are at <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/
> > impala/KEYS <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/
> impala/KEYS>
> > >.
> >
> > To run RAT, follow the instructions in bin/check-rat-report.py. To
> > build, follow the instructions in bin/bootstrap_build.sh.
> >
> > This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, or until the necessary
> > number of votes (3 +1) is reached.
> >
> > [ ] +1 Approve the release
> > [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
> >
>



--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera