[VOTE] Graduate Apache Mynewt podling

aditi hilbert
Hello IPMC,

We have had the discussion thread for the graduation of Apache Mynewt podling
to TLP open for >72 hours. All the issues raised there have been addressed.
I propose that we graduate Apache Mynewt from the incubator.
The full text of the proposal is below. The [DISCUSS] thread is:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8d8b40b5de2cff4fca1b300870bcf1f5b5ac92b2e4b2a8ddf2db3e17@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Please vote on the resolution:

[ ] +1 Graduate Apache Mynewt from the Incubator.
[ ] +0 No opinion
[ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache Mynewt from the Incubator (please provide
the reason)

This VOTE will be opened for the next 72 hours.

Thanks to all Mentors and Apache Mynewt Project members for their
support and contributions.

Thanks,
Aditi

-----------------------

Resolution:

Establish the Apache Mynewt Project

Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of software related to
an embedded OS optimized for networking and built for remote management
of constrained devices that are incapable of running either Linux or Android.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Mynewt Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Mynewt Project be and hereby is
related to an embedded OS optimized for networking and built
for remote management of constrained devices that are incapable of
running either Linux or Android.

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Mynewt" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache Mynewt Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache Mynewt Project; and be it further

Apache Mynewt Project:
*Justin Mclean” <[hidden email]>
P. Taylor Goetz” <[hidden email]>,
Greg Stein <[hidden email]>,
Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]>,
Sterling Hughes <[hidden email]>,
Marko Kiiskila <[hidden email]>,
will sanfilippo <[hidden email]>,
Christopher Collins <[hidden email]>,
Vipul Rahane <[hidden email]>,
Fabio Utzig <[hidden email]>,
Andrzej Kaczmarek <[hidden email]>,
Michał Narajowski <[hidden email]>,
Szymon Janc <[hidden email]>,
Łukasz Rymanowski <[hidden email]>,
Neel Natu <[hidden email]>,
Peter Snyder <[hidden email]>,
Paul Dietrich <[hidden email],
Julian Ingram <[hidden email]>,
Kevin Townsend <[hidden email]>,
Aditi Hilbert <[hidden email]>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Justin Mclean
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Mynewt, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Mynewt PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache Mynewt Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Mynewt Project be and hereby
Incubator Mynewt podling; and be it further

Incubator Mynewt podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Mynewt podling

Sterling Hughes-2
Hi,

On 7 Jun 2017, at 1:52, aditi hilbert wrote:

> Hello IPMC,
>
> We have had the discussion thread for the graduation of Apache Mynewt
> podling
> to TLP open for >72 hours. All the issues raised there have been
> addressed.
> I propose that we graduate Apache Mynewt from the incubator.
> The full text of the proposal is below. The [DISCUSS] thread is:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8d8b40b5de2cff4fca1b300870bcf1f5b5ac92b2e4b2a8ddf2db3e17@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
>
> Please vote on the resolution:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduate Apache Mynewt from the Incubator.
> [ ] +0 No opinion
> [ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache Mynewt from the Incubator (please provide
> the reason)

+1 - binding

Sterling

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 1:53 PM aditi hilbert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Mynewt PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache Mynewt Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache Mynewt Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator Mynewt podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator Mynewt podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Mynewt podling

Roman Shaposhnik
On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 10:52 AM, aditi hilbert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello IPMC,
>
> We have had the discussion thread for the graduation of Apache Mynewt podling
> to TLP open for >72 hours. All the issues raised there have been addressed.
> I propose that we graduate Apache Mynewt from the incubator.
> The full text of the proposal is below. The [DISCUSS] thread is:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8d8b40b5de2cff4fca1b300870bcf1f5b5ac92b2e4b2a8ddf2db3e17@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
>
> Please vote on the resolution:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduate Apache Mynewt from the Incubator.
> [ ] +0 No opinion
> [ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache Mynewt from the Incubator (please provide
> the reason)

Roman.

> [...]
> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Mynewt PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache Mynewt Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache Mynewt Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator Mynewt podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator Mynewt podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Mynewt podling

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Mynewt podling

Raphael Bircher-2

All the best for you

Am .06.2017, 19:52 Uhr, schrieb aditi hilbert <[hidden email]>:

> [...]
> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Mynewt PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache Mynewt Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache Mynewt Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator Mynewt podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator Mynewt podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Mynewt podling

Greg Stein-4
+1 (binding, Mentor)

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 12:52 PM, aditi hilbert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Mynewt PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache Mynewt Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache Mynewt Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator Mynewt podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator Mynewt podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Mynewt podling

P. Taylor Goetz
+1 (binding)

-Taylor

> [...]
>> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
>> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
>> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Mynewt PMC be and hereby is
>> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
>> encourage open development and increased participation in the
>> Apache Mynewt Project; and be it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that the Apache Mynewt Project be and hereby
>> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>> Incubator Mynewt podling; and be it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>> Incubator Mynewt podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>> Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Mynewt podling

Pierre Smits
+1

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 7:34 AM, P. Taylor Goetz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> >> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> >> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> >> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
> >>
> >> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Mynewt PMC be and hereby is
> >> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> >> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> >> Apache Mynewt Project; and be it further
> >>
> >> RESOLVED, that the Apache Mynewt Project be and hereby
> >> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> >> Incubator Mynewt podling; and be it further
> >>
> >> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> >> Incubator Mynewt podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> >> Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Mynewt podling

Bertrand Delacretaz
On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 7:52 PM, aditi hilbert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please vote on the resolution..

+1 for graduation, but isn't this too restrictive?

> ....software related to
> an embedded OS optimized for networking and built for remote management
> of constrained devices that are incapable of running either Linux or Android....

In the extreme it means Mynewt cannot produce software for devices
that would be capable of running Linux or Android, even if someone
prefers using Mynewt on those devices.

Your website tagline says "An OS to build, deploy and securely manage
billions of devices" so maybe "software related to an embedded OS
meant to build, deploy and securely manage large numbers of devices"
would be good enough and less constraining.

Kinda nitpicking, ok...but for a good cause, to avoid you guys being
limited by that description later.

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Mynewt podling

Jim Jagielski

> On Jun 7, 2017, at 3:38 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 7:52 PM, aditi hilbert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Please vote on the resolution..
>
> +1 for graduation, but isn't this too restrictive?
>
>> ....software related to
>> an embedded OS optimized for networking and built for remote management
>> of constrained devices that are incapable of running either Linux or Android....
>
> In the extreme it means Mynewt cannot produce software for devices
> that would be capable of running Linux or Android, even if someone
> prefers using Mynewt on those devices.
>
> Your website tagline says "An OS to build, deploy and securely manage
> billions of devices" so maybe "software related to an embedded OS
> meant to build, deploy and securely manage large numbers of devices"
> would be good enough and less constraining.
>
> Kinda nitpicking, ok...but for a good cause, to avoid you guys being
> limited by that description later.

VERY good point!