[VOTE] Graduate Apache MADlib podling

FENG, Xixuan (Aaron)
Greetings IPMC!

The discussion seems to have died down, so I'm calling the
vote:  I propose that we graduate Apache MADlib from the Incubator.
The full text of the proposal is below.  The discuss thread can be found
here:
    https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/535f9871636f6e10c13e47f1ec6e41
5eca7f666e1580d8b762d8a42d@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Please vote on the resolution:

[ ] +1 Graduate Apache MADlib from the Incubator.
[ ] +0 No opinion
[ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache MADlib from the Incubator (please provide
the reason)

This VOTE will be opened for the next 72 hours.

Thanks to all Mentors and Apache MADlib Project members for their
support and contributions.

Thanks,
Aaron.

Resolution:

Establish the Apache MADlib Project

open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the
public, related to a scalable, Big Data, SQL-driven machine
learning framework for Data Scientists.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache MADlib Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache MADlib Project be and hereby is
related to a scalable, Big Data, SQL-driven machine
learning framework for Data Scientists.

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache MADlib" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache MADlib Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache MADlib Project; and be it further

Apache MADlib Project:

Sarah Aerni <[hidden email]>
Greg Chase <[hidden email]>
Aaron Feng <[hidden email]>
Rahul Iyer <[hidden email]>
Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]>
Nandish Jayaram <[hidden email]>
Anirudh Kondaveeti <[hidden email]>
Orhan Kışlal <[hidden email]>
Frank McQuillan <[hidden email]>
Srivatsan R <[hidden email]>
Rashmi Raghu <[hidden email]>
Roman Shaposhnik <[hidden email]>
Atri Sharma <[hidden email]>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Aaron Feng
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache MADlib, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache MADlib PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache MADlib Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache MADlib Project be and hereby
Incubator MADlib podling; and be it further

Incubator MADlib podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache MADlib podling

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 3:57 AM FENG, Xixuan (Aaron) <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache MADlib PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache MADlib Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache MADlib Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator MADlib podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator MADlib podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache MADlib podling

Jim Jagielski
+1 (binding)!!

> [...]
> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache MADlib PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache MADlib Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache MADlib Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator MADlib podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator MADlib podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache MADlib podling

P. Taylor Goetz

-Taylor

> [...]
> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache MADlib PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache MADlib Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache MADlib Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator MADlib podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator MADlib podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache MADlib podling

Roman Shaposhnik
On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 12:56 AM, FENG, Xixuan (Aaron)
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greetings IPMC!
>
> The discussion seems to have died down, so I'm calling the
> vote:  I propose that we graduate Apache MADlib from the Incubator.
> The full text of the proposal is below.  The discuss thread can be found
> here:
>     https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/535f9871636f6e10c13e47f1ec6e41
> 5eca7f666e1580d8b762d8a42d@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
>
> Please vote on the resolution:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduate Apache MADlib from the Incubator.
> [ ] +0 No opinion
> [ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache MADlib from the Incubator (please provide
> the reason)

Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache MADlib podling

Pierre Smits
+1 (from the peanut gallery).

Best regards, and congratulations to the team.

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 8:56 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 12:56 AM, FENG, Xixuan (Aaron)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Greetings IPMC!
> >
> > The discussion seems to have died down, so I'm calling the
> > vote:  I propose that we graduate Apache MADlib from the Incubator.
> > The full text of the proposal is below.  The discuss thread can be found
> > here:
> >     https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/535f9871636f6e10c13e47f1ec6e41
> > 5eca7f666e1580d8b762d8a42d@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
> >
> > Please vote on the resolution:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Graduate Apache MADlib from the Incubator.
> > [ ] +0 No opinion
> > [ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache MADlib from the Incubator (please provide
> > the reason)

> Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache MADlib podling

Konstantin Boudnik-2
+1 [binding]

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 04:56PM, FENG, Xixuan (Aaron) wrote:

> [...]
> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache MADlib PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache MADlib Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache MADlib Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator MADlib podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator MADlib podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache MADlib podling

Gregory Chase
+1 (loiterer)

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 6:09 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Aaron Feng
> > be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache MADlib, to
> > serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> > Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> > death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> > or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the initial Apache MADlib PMC be and hereby is
> > tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> > encourage open development and increased participation in the
> > Apache MADlib Project; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the Apache MADlib Project be and hereby
> > is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> > Incubator MADlib podling; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> > Incubator MADlib podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Greg Chase

Product team
http://www.pivotal.io/big-data

Pivotal Software