[VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

Jakob Homan
Hello-

The Airflow podling community has VOTEd[0] to graduate, following a
very successful DISCUSS[1].  Accordingly I'm bringing the resolution
up for an IPMC VOTE.

The podling result was:
Overall: 21 x +1 votes, 0 x -1 votes

Binding +1 x 11: Kaxil, Tao, Bolke, Fokko, Maxime, Arthur, Hitesh,
Chris, Sid, Ash, Jakob.
Non-binding +1 x 10: Daniel, Shah, Stefan, Kevin, Marc, Sunil,
Adityan, Deng, Neelesh, Sai

Since entering the Incubator in 2016, the Airflow community has:
   * successfully produced 7 releases
   * added 9 new committers/PPMC members
   * built a diverse group of committers from multiple different employers
   * had more than 3,300 JIRA tickets opened
   * completed the project maturity model with positive responses[2]

Here's my binding +1.  The VOTE will run for at least 72 hours.

Thanks,
Jakob

[0] https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/airflow-dev/201812.mbox/%3C115B1380-619D-41D7-A30E-9C041CD4D9B5@...%3E
[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/%3C0A763B0B-7D0D-4353-979A-AC6769EB0334@...%3E
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Maturity+Evaluation

----------------

Establish the Apache Airflow Project

open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
the public, related to workflow automation and scheduling
that can be used to author and manage data pipelines.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Airflow Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Airflow Project be and hereby is
related to workflow automation and scheduling that can be
used to author and manage data pipelines; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Airflow" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache Airflow Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache Airflow Project; and be it further

Apache Airflow Project:

* Alex Guziel <[hidden email]>
* Alex Van Boxel <[hidden email]>
* Arthur Wiedmer <[hidden email]>
* Ash Berlin-Taylor <[hidden email]>
* Bolke de Bruin <[hidden email]>
* Chris Riccomini <[hidden email]>
* Dan Davydov <[hidden email]>
* Fokko Driesprong <[hidden email]>
* Hitesh Shah <[hidden email]>
* Jakob Homan <[hidden email]>
* Jeremiah Lowin <[hidden email]>
* Joy Gao <[hidden email]>
* Kaxil Naik <[hidden email]>
* Maxime Beauchemin <[hidden email]>
* Siddharth Anand <[hidden email]>
* Sumit Maheshwari <[hidden email]>
* Tao Feng <[hidden email]>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Bolke de Bruin
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Airflow, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Airflow PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache Airflow Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Airflow Project be and hereby
Incubator Airflow podling; and be it further

Incubator Airflow podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

Julian Hyde-3
+1 (binding)

> [...]
> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Airflow PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache Airflow Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache Airflow Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator Airflow podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator Airflow podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

Hi -

Please explain the status of the GPL’d code mentioned here - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3400

Is it an optional dependency?

> [...]
> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Airflow PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache Airflow Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache Airflow Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator Airflow podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator Airflow podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

Suneel Marthi
+1 binding

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 6:57 PM Julian Hyde <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> > Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> > death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> > or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Airflow PMC be and hereby is
> > tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> > encourage open development and increased participation in the
> > Apache Airflow Project; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the Apache Airflow Project be and hereby
> > is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> > Incubator Airflow podling; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> > Incubator Airflow podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> > Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

Bolke de Bruin
Hi Dave,

Yes it is optional. Please See installation instructions.

Bolke

Op do 6 dec. 2018 00:59 schreef Dave Fisher <[hidden email]:

> [...]
> > serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> > Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> > death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> > or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Airflow PMC be and hereby is
> > tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> > encourage open development and increased participation in the
> > Apache Airflow Project; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the Apache Airflow Project be and hereby
> > is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> > Incubator Airflow podling; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> > Incubator Airflow podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> > Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

HI,

If you do graduate (and no project retires) you'll become the 200th active project at the ASF :-)

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

Sent from my iPhone

> [...]
>>> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
>>> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>>> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
>>> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>>>
>>> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Airflow PMC be and hereby is
>>> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
>>> encourage open development and increased participation in the
>>> Apache Airflow Project; and be it further
>>>
>>> RESOLVED, that the Apache Airflow Project be and hereby
>>> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>>> Incubator Airflow podling; and be it further
>>>
>>> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>>> Incubator Airflow podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>>> Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

Hitesh Shah
+1 (binding)

-- Hitesh

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 7:28 PM Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Dec 5, 2018, at 7:07 PM, Bolke de Bruin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > Yes it is optional. Please See installation instructions.
> >
> > Bolke
> >

> > Op do 6 dec. 2018 00:59 schreef Dave Fisher <[hidden email]:
> >
> >> Hi -
> >>
> >> Please explain the status of the GPL’d code mentioned here -
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3400
> >>
> >> Is it an optional dependency?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Dave

> employers

> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/airflow-dev/201812.mbox/%3C115B1380-619D-41D7-A30E-9C041CD4D9B5@...%3E
> >>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/%3C0A763B0B-7D0D-4353-979A-AC6769EB0334@...%3E
> >> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Maturity+Evaluation

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

吴晟 Sheng Wu
+1 binding

Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin

From Wu Sheng 's phone.

From: Hitesh Shah <[hidden email]>
Date: Thu,Dec 6,2018 0:14 PM
To: general <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

+1 (binding)

-- Hitesh

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 7:28 PM Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Dec 5, 2018, at 7:07 PM, Bolke de Bruin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > Yes it is optional. Please See installation instructions.
> >
> > Bolke
> >

> > Op do 6 dec. 2018 00:59 schreef Dave Fisher <[hidden email]:
> >
> >> Hi -
> >>
> >> Please explain the status of the GPL’d code mentioned here -
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3400
> >>
> >> Is it an optional dependency?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Dave

> employers

> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/airflow-dev/201812.mbox/%3C115B1380-619D-41D7-A30E-9C041CD4D9B5@...%3E
> >>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/%3C0A763B0B-7D0D-4353-979A-AC6769EB0334@...%3E
> >> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Maturity+Evaluation

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

Huxing Zhang
+1  (Non-binding)

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:38 AM Jakob Homan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Bolke de Bruin
> be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Airflow, to
> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Airflow PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache Airflow Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache Airflow Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator Airflow podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator Airflow podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

Myrle Krantz-2
+1 binding

-Myrle

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:37 AM Huxing Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> > death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> > or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Airflow PMC be and hereby is
> > tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> > encourage open development and increased participation in the
> > Apache Airflow Project; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the Apache Airflow Project be and hereby
> > is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> > Incubator Airflow podling; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> > Incubator Airflow podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> > Project are hereafter discharged.

> Best Regards!
> Huxing

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

Oh nice :-) something for the press release I guess 🙂

Op do 6 dec. 2018 04:20 schreef Justin Mclean <[hidden email]:

> HI,
>
> If you do graduate (and no project retires) you'll become the 200th active
> project at the ASF :-)

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

Jean-Baptiste Onofré

Regards
JB

On 06/12/2018 00:31, Jakob Homan wrote:

> [...]
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Bolke de Bruin
> be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Airflow, to
> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Airflow PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache Airflow Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache Airflow Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator Airflow podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator Airflow podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

Furkan KAMACI
+1 (binding)

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 11:48 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>

> [...]
> > death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> > or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Airflow PMC be and hereby is
> > tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> > encourage open development and increased participation in the
> > Apache Airflow Project; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the Apache Airflow Project be and hereby
> > is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> > Incubator Airflow podling; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> > Incubator Airflow podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> > Project are hereafter discharged.

> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

Lionel Liu-2
+1 (non-binding)

Thanks,
Lionel

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 4:52 PM Furkan KAMACI <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > > or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
> > >
> > > RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Airflow PMC be and hereby is
> > > tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> > > encourage open development and increased participation in the
> > > Apache Airflow Project; and be it further
> > >
> > > RESOLVED, that the Apache Airflow Project be and hereby
> > > is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> > > Incubator Airflow podling; and be it further
> > >
> > > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> > > Incubator Airflow podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> > > Project are hereafter discharged.

> > --
> > Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> > [hidden email]
> > http://blog.nanthrax.net
> > Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

Pierre Smits-2
+1

Looking forward to see this project graduate! Congratulations to all on
this achievement.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)
since 2008*

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 10:46 AM Lionel Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> Thanks,
> Lionel
>
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 4:52 PM Furkan KAMACI <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1 (binding)
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> > Furkan KAMACI
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 11:48 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1 (binding)
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > JB

> > > employers

> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/airflow-dev/201812.mbox/%3C115B1380-619D-41D7-A30E-9C041CD4D9B5@...%3E
> > >

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/%3C0A763B0B-7D0D-4353-979A-AC6769EB0334@...%3E
> > >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Maturity+Evaluation

> > > --
> > > Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> > > [hidden email]
> > > http://blog.nanthrax.net
> > > Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

Mark Thomas
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but there is a resolution to
terminate a project on this month's board agenda so you'll be (if
nothing else changes) the 199th active project.

Mark

On 06/12/2018 07:33, Bolke de Bruin wrote:

> Oh nice :-) something for the press release I guess 🙂
>
> Op do 6 dec. 2018 04:20 schreef Justin Mclean <[hidden email]:
>
>> HI,
>>
>> If you do graduate (and no project retires) you'll become the 200th active
>> project at the ASF :-)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Justin

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

Luciano Resende

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 15:38 Jakob Homan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Bolke de Bruin
> be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Airflow, to
> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Airflow PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache Airflow Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache Airflow Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator Airflow podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator Airflow podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Sent from my Mobile device

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

Bertrand Delacretaz
On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 11:39 AM Mark Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...there is a resolution to
> terminate a project on this month's board agenda so you'll be (if
> nothing else changes) the 199th active project....

Depending on the order of those resolutions there might still be a
brief window for celebrations ;-)

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Airflow to TLP

Bolke de Bruin
199 sounds pretty cool too :-)