[VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne

[VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne

Andrus Adamchik
Cayenne community has voted and approved 2.0.1 release of Cayenne.
This release marks a major milestone in Cayenne incubation as we've
fully resolved all IP issues and got rid of incompatible license
dependencies. Now we would like to request the approval of the
Incubator PMC to perform the release.

There were 6 "+1" votes (including 3 from PPMC members) and no other
votes:

Andrus Adamchik +1
Michael Gentry +1
Tore Halset +1
Mike Kienenberger +1
Kevin Menard +1
Jim Jagielski +1 (cast on the PPMC list)

Vote thread:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cayenne-dev/
200609.mbox/%[hidden email]%3e

Release artifacts can be found here:

http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/2.0.1/

And here is my +1 (non-binding)

Andrus

Re: [VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne

robert burrell donkin-2
On 9/30/06, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Cayenne community has voted and approved 2.0.1 release of Cayenne.
> This release marks a major milestone in Cayenne incubation as we've
> fully resolved all IP issues and got rid of incompatible license
> dependencies. Now we would like to request the approval of the
> Incubator PMC to perform the release.

a RAT run turned up a few issues:

*IMPORTANT* not under open source license:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/cayenne-other/wiki-docs/Documentation/User%20Guide/Introduction/Guide%20to%201.1%20Features/cayenne-data-map-1_2.dtd
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/cayenne-other/wiki-docs/Documentation/User%20Guide/Introduction/Guide%20to%201.1%20Features/cayenne-driver-1_1.dtd
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/cayenne-other/wiki-docs/Documentation/User%20Guide/Introduction/Guide%20to%201.1%20Features/cayenne-project-1_1.dtd

missing license headers:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/cayenne-other/wiki-docs/style.css
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/cayenne-other/wiki-docs/Documentation/User%20Guide/Introduction/Guide%20to%201.1%20Features/cayenne-data-view-1_1.dtd
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/cayenne-other/javadoc/apache-javadoc.css
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/cayenne-java/src/modeler/resources/pref/ModelerPreferences.map.xml
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/cayenne-java/src/modeler/resources/pref/Preferences.map.xml
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/cayenne-java/src/modeler/resources/pref/cayenne.xml
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/tutorials/quick-start/cayenne-tutorial/src/UntitledDomainMap.map.xml
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/tutorials/quick-start/cayenne-tutorial/src/cayenne.xml
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/tutorials/quick-start/cayenne-tutorial/src/UntitledDomainNode.driver.xml
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/tutorials/quick-start/cayenne-tutorial/src/cayenne/tutorial/Artist.java
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/tutorials/quick-start-rop/cayenne-tutorial/src/UntitledDomainMap.map.xml
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/tutorials/quick-start-rop/cayenne-tutorial/src/cayenne.xml
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/tutorials/quick-start-rop/cayenne-tutorial/src/UntitledDomainNode.driver.xml
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/tutorials/quick-start-rop/cayenne-tutorial/src/cayenne/tutorial/Artist.java
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/tutorials/quick-start-rop/cayenne-tutorial-client/src/cayenne/tutorial/client/Artist.java
[can't locate source]cayenne-2.0.1-incubating/doc/grammar/ExpressionParser.html
looks to be generated to me. if it is then no license header is
needed.

notes:

interesting that this is a(nother) binary-with-source distribution.
this looks like it's been constructed by a build process rather than a
direct svn snapshot. i hope that cayenne will also be made available
as a source distribution.

- robert

Re: [VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne

robert burrell donkin-2
On 9/30/06, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Cayenne community has voted and approved 2.0.1 release of Cayenne.
> This release marks a major milestone in Cayenne incubation as we've
> fully resolved all IP issues and got rid of incompatible license
> dependencies. Now we would like to request the approval of the
> Incubator PMC to perform the release.

oh yes: the LICENSE and NOTICE files are ok but the LICENSE file could
be improved by including an indication about to which artifact or
source file the particular license applies.

- robert

Re: [VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne

Andrus Adamchik
Hi Robert,

On Oct 1, 2006, at 12:57 PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> oh yes: the LICENSE and NOTICE files are ok but the LICENSE file could
> be improved by including an indication about to which artifact or
> source file the particular license applies.

I guess then it would duplicate NOTICE file (not that it is bad, just
more chance for the two to get out of sync in the future). NOTICE
does it in a way already, so I think of it as an "index" for the more
verbose LICENSE.

On Oct 1, 2006, at 12:35 PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> a RAT run turned up a few issues:
>
> *IMPORTANT* not under open source license:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/
> cayenne/cayenne-other/wiki-docs/Documentation/User%20Guide/
> Introduction/Guide%20to%201.1%20Features/cayenne-data-map-1_2.dtd

Everything except for DTD's are generated files. We'll will fix the
DTD's shortly.

> interesting that this is a(nother) binary-with-source distribution.
> this looks like it's been constructed by a build process rather than a
> direct svn snapshot.

True - this was a conscious decision made a few years ago with the
goal to make the release artifacts user-friendly.

Looking at some projects that post releases as SVN snapshots can be a
nightmare - it is organized for development, not for end-user
consumption. It will be a nightmare for Cayenne too, as Cayenne trunk
(targeting 3.0 release) is switched to Maven, and there is no one-to-
one correspondence between final release jars and Maven artifacts
because of multiple JDK versions support, lightweight stripped down
jars for remote clients, etc.

> i hope that cayenne will also be made available as a source
> distribution.

I'd like to hear arguments why this would be a good thing?

I can think of two:

* Smaller download. IMO this is addressed by clean SVN tagging (users
can always build a given version if they want); widespread use of
broadband (not only in the West); and much more user-friendly release
(you get binaries, source and tools in one place and in place where
you expect to find it).

* Binaries are not cross-platform. Aside from the tool launchers,
everything is Java.

On 10/1/06, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>

> On Oct 1, 2006, at 12:57 PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> > oh yes: the LICENSE and NOTICE files are ok but the LICENSE file could
> > be improved by including an indication about to which artifact or
> > source file the particular license applies.
>
> I guess then it would duplicate NOTICE file (not that it is bad, just
> more chance for the two to get out of sync in the future). NOTICE
> does it in a way already, so I think of it as an "index" for the more
> verbose LICENSE.

i like the way httpd does things:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/examples/LICENSE

but i can see the cayenne approach working ok provided that there a
small note somewhere telling people to look in the NOTICE file

> On Oct 1, 2006, at 12:35 PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> > a RAT run turned up a few issues:
> >
> > *IMPORTANT* not under open source license:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/
> > cayenne/cayenne-other/wiki-docs/Documentation/User%20Guide/
> > Introduction/Guide%20to%201.1%20Features/cayenne-data-map-1_2.dtd
>
> Everything except for DTD's are generated files. We'll will fix the
> DTD's shortly.

interesting. there were a number of files which were clearly generated
that i ignored. these had notices in noting that they were generated.

the ones i highlighted didn't look like they were hand crafted to me
and lacked notices that they were generated.

for example http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/tutorials/quick-start/cayenne-tutorial/src/cayenne/tutorial/Artist.java
looked to me like an example of a hand-crafted subclass. the
preferences files didn't look like it was generated to me either:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/cayenne/cayenne-java/src/modeler/resources/pref/ModelerPreferences.map.xml.
though perhaps i was fooled...

one good practice often adopted by projects which make extensive use
of generated source is to ensure that it's clear (either by including
notes in the documents or by creating them in directories with clear
names) which documents are generated and which are not. it would make
it a lot easier and quicker to audit cayenne releases if this practice
were adopted.

> > interesting that this is a(nother) binary-with-source distribution.
> > this looks like it's been constructed by a build process rather than a
> > direct svn snapshot.
>
> True - this was a conscious decision made a few years ago with the
> goal to make the release artifacts user-friendly.

nothing wrong with that :-)

> Looking at some projects that post releases as SVN snapshots can be a
> nightmare - it is organized for development, not for end-user
> consumption. It will be a nightmare for Cayenne too, as Cayenne trunk
> (targeting 3.0 release) is switched to Maven, and there is no one-to-
> one correspondence between final release jars and Maven artifacts
> because of multiple JDK versions support, lightweight stripped down
> jars for remote clients, etc.

it's not a case of either a user-friendly binary release or a
developer-friendly source release: most projects release a source
distribution and various user friendly binary distributions. (a binary
distribution is anything which isn't a straight export from the
source.)

> > i hope that cayenne will also be made available as a source
> > distribution.
>
> I'd like to hear arguments why this would be a good thing?
>
> I can think of two:
>
> * Smaller download. IMO this is addressed by clean SVN tagging (users
> can always build a given version if they want); widespread use of
> broadband (not only in the West); and much more user-friendly release
> (you get binaries, source and tools in one place and in place where
> you expect to find it).
>
> * Binaries are not cross-platform. Aside from the tool launchers,
> everything is Java.

my list:

philosophical - it's open source: releases should include a source distribution

social - apache projects need to recruit new developers to retain
their health and vigour. it therefore makes sense to ship source
distributions aimed at developers as well as binaries aimed at users

practical - a source distribution future proofs the release (this is
important at apache where release are preserved indefinitely). from a
source distribution, a binary can be rebuilt even if subversion is not
available (or is suspect or corrupt). so this is a useful perspective
from an archival perspective.

- robert

On Oct 1, 2006, at 2:42 PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> for example http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/
> tags/2.0.1/cayenne/tutorials/quick-start/cayenne-tutorial/src/
> cayenne/tutorial/Artist.java
> looked to me like an example of a hand-crafted subclass.

This one was generated, but then customized by hand. We do need a
license on it - I will clean this up.

> preferences files didn't look like it was generated to me either:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/
> cayenne/cayenne-java/src/modeler/resources/pref/
> ModelerPreferences.map.xml.
> though perhaps i was fooled...

This one is generated by the Modeler tool to map preferences database
for itself.

> one good practice often adopted by projects which make extensive use
> of generated source is to ensure that it's clear (either by including
> notes in the documents or by creating them in directories with clear
> names) which documents are generated and which are not. it would make
> it a lot easier and quicker to audit cayenne releases if this practice
> were adopted.

Good point - I am +1. In the future releases we'll need to make our
templates more explicit in this respect.

Andrus

Re: [VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne

robert burrell donkin-2
On 10/1/06, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 1, 2006, at 2:42 PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
> > for example http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/
> > tags/2.0.1/cayenne/tutorials/quick-start/cayenne-tutorial/src/
> > cayenne/tutorial/Artist.java
> > looked to me like an example of a hand-crafted subclass.
>
> This one was generated, but then customized by hand. We do need a
> license on it - I will clean this up.

there are a few other similar ones in those directories which might
also need the same treatment

> > preferences files didn't look like it was generated to me either:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/
> > cayenne/cayenne-java/src/modeler/resources/pref/
> > ModelerPreferences.map.xml.
> > though perhaps i was fooled...
>
> This one is generated by the Modeler tool to map preferences database
> for itself.

yes: makes sense now

> > one good practice often adopted by projects which make extensive use
> > of generated source is to ensure that it's clear (either by including
> > notes in the documents or by creating them in directories with clear
> > names) which documents are generated and which are not. it would make
> > it a lot easier and quicker to audit cayenne releases if this practice
> > were adopted.
>
> Good point - I am +1. In the future releases we'll need to make our
> templates more explicit in this respect.

thanks

- robert

Re: [VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne

Andrus Adamchik
I just posted the new release snapshots here:

http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/2.0.1/

The changes from the first attempt are:

* Added license headers to the .dtd and .css files in the documentation.
* Added license headers to the tutorial Java files that are
changeable by users.
* Added a note in the LICENSE file referring readers to the NOTICE
file for explanation on third-party licenses.

Many thanks to Robert for helping to straighten this up.

Andrus

On Sep 30, 2006, at 12:09 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Cayenne community has voted and approved 2.0.1 release of Cayenne.
> This release marks a major milestone in Cayenne incubation as we've
> fully resolved all IP issues and got rid of incompatible license
> dependencies. Now we would like to request the approval of the
> Incubator PMC to perform the release.
>

> There were 6 "+1" votes (including 3 from PPMC members) and no
> other votes:
>
> Andrus Adamchik +1
> Michael Gentry +1
> Tore Halset +1
> Mike Kienenberger +1
> Kevin Menard +1
> Jim Jagielski +1 (cast on the PPMC list)
>
> Vote thread:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cayenne-dev/
> 200609.mbox/%[hidden email]%3e
>
> Release artifacts can be found here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/2.0.1/
>

> And here is my +1 (non-binding)
>
> Andrus

Re: [VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne

Jean T. Anderson
This looks good to me.  +1

 -jean

Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> I just posted the new release snapshots here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/2.0.1/
>
> The changes from the first attempt are:
>
> * Added license headers to the .dtd and .css files in the documentation.
> * Added license headers to the tutorial Java files that are  changeable
> by users.
> * Added a note in the LICENSE file referring readers to the NOTICE  file
> for explanation on third-party licenses.
>
> Many thanks to Robert for helping to straighten this up.
>
> Andrus
>

> On Sep 30, 2006, at 12:09 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
>> Cayenne community has voted and approved 2.0.1 release of Cayenne.
>> This release marks a major milestone in Cayenne incubation as we've
>> fully resolved all IP issues and got rid of incompatible license
>> dependencies. Now we would like to request the approval of the
>> Incubator PMC to perform the release.
>>

>> There were 6 "+1" votes (including 3 from PPMC members) and no  other
>> votes:
>>
>> Andrus Adamchik +1
>> Michael Gentry +1
>> Tore Halset +1
>> Mike Kienenberger +1
>> Kevin Menard +1
>> Jim Jagielski +1 (cast on the PPMC list)
>>
>> Vote thread:
>>
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cayenne-dev/
>> 200609.mbox/%[hidden email]%3e
>>
>> Release artifacts can be found here:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/2.0.1/
>>

>> And here is my +1 (non-binding)
>>
>> Andrus

Re: [VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne

bdudney

-bd-

On Oct 1, 2006, at 2:41 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> I just posted the new release snapshots here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/2.0.1/
>
> The changes from the first attempt are:
>
> * Added license headers to the .dtd and .css files in the
> documentation.
> * Added license headers to the tutorial Java files that are
> changeable by users.
> * Added a note in the LICENSE file referring readers to the NOTICE
> file for explanation on third-party licenses.
>
> Many thanks to Robert for helping to straighten this up.
>
> Andrus
>

> On Sep 30, 2006, at 12:09 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
>> Cayenne community has voted and approved 2.0.1 release of Cayenne.
>> This release marks a major milestone in Cayenne incubation as
>> we've fully resolved all IP issues and got rid of incompatible
>> license dependencies. Now we would like to request the approval of
>> the Incubator PMC to perform the release.
>>

>> There were 6 "+1" votes (including 3 from PPMC members) and no
>> other votes:
>>
>> Andrus Adamchik +1
>> Michael Gentry +1
>> Tore Halset +1
>> Mike Kienenberger +1
>> Kevin Menard +1
>> Jim Jagielski +1 (cast on the PPMC list)
>>
>> Vote thread:
>>
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cayenne-dev/
>> 200609.mbox/%[hidden email]
>> %3e
>>
>> Release artifacts can be found here:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/2.0.1/
>>

>> And here is my +1 (non-binding)
>>
>> Andrus

Re: [VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne

Craig L Russell
Hi Andrus,

Congratulations on your release candidate.

I was unable to retrieve your key B8AF90BF from the public key server
pgp.mit.edu, which you used to sign the release. Have you had your
key signed and uploaded it to a public server?

Craig

On Sep 30, 2006, at 9:09 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Cayenne community has voted and approved 2.0.1 release of Cayenne.
> This release marks a major milestone in Cayenne incubation as we've
> fully resolved all IP issues and got rid of incompatible license
> dependencies. Now we would like to request the approval of the
> Incubator PMC to perform the release.
>

> There were 6 "+1" votes (including 3 from PPMC members) and no
> other votes:
>
> Andrus Adamchik +1
> Michael Gentry +1
> Tore Halset +1
> Mike Kienenberger +1
> Kevin Menard +1
> Jim Jagielski +1 (cast on the PPMC list)
>
> Vote thread:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cayenne-dev/
> 200609.mbox/%[hidden email]%3e
>
> Release artifacts can be found here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/2.0.1/
>

> And here is my +1 (non-binding)
>
> Andrus

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:[hidden email]
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne

Andrus Adamchik
I can swear I did it before, but I posted it again a few minutes ago.
Seems to be there now:

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=Andrus+Adamchik&op=index

Andrus

On Oct 3, 2006, at 11:20 AM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> Hi Andrus,
>
> Congratulations on your release candidate.
>
> I was unable to retrieve your key B8AF90BF from the public key
> server pgp.mit.edu, which you used to sign the release. Have you
> had your key signed and uploaded it to a public server?
>
> Craig
>
> On Sep 30, 2006, at 9:09 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
>> Cayenne community has voted and approved 2.0.1 release of Cayenne.
>> This release marks a major milestone in Cayenne incubation as
>> we've fully resolved all IP issues and got rid of incompatible
>> license dependencies. Now we would like to request the approval of
>> the Incubator PMC to perform the release.
>>

>> There were 6 "+1" votes (including 3 from PPMC members) and no
>> other votes:
>>
>> Andrus Adamchik +1
>> Michael Gentry +1
>> Tore Halset +1
>> Mike Kienenberger +1
>> Kevin Menard +1
>> Jim Jagielski +1 (cast on the PPMC list)
>>
>> Vote thread:
>>
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cayenne-dev/
>> 200609.mbox/%[hidden email]
>> %3e
>>
>> Release artifacts can be found here:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/2.0.1/
>>

>> And here is my +1 (non-binding)
>>
>> Andrus

> Craig Russell
> 408 276-5638 mailto:[hidden email]
> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: [VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne

Craig L Russell
Hi Andrus,

+1 for release.

I can now see your key, and can verify the signature on the release
artifact (for MacOSX).

Thanks,

Craig

On Oct 3, 2006, at 8:46 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> I can swear I did it before, but I posted it again a few minutes
> ago. Seems to be there now:
>
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=Andrus+Adamchik&op=index
>
> Andrus
>

> On Oct 3, 2006, at 11:20 AM, Craig L Russell wrote:
>
>> Hi Andrus,
>>
>> Congratulations on your release candidate.
>>
>> I was unable to retrieve your key B8AF90BF from the public key
>> server pgp.mit.edu, which you used to sign the release. Have you
>> had your key signed and uploaded it to a public server?
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> On Sep 30, 2006, at 9:09 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>
>>> Cayenne community has voted and approved 2.0.1 release of
>>> Cayenne. This release marks a major milestone in Cayenne
>>> incubation as we've fully resolved all IP issues and got rid of
>>> incompatible license dependencies. Now we would like to request
>>> the approval of the Incubator PMC to perform the release.
>>>

>>> There were 6 "+1" votes (including 3 from PPMC members) and no
>>> other votes:
>>>
>>> Andrus Adamchik +1
>>> Michael Gentry +1
>>> Tore Halset +1
>>> Mike Kienenberger +1
>>> Kevin Menard +1
>>> Jim Jagielski +1 (cast on the PPMC list)
>>>
>>> Vote thread:
>>>
>>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cayenne-dev/
>>> 200609.mbox/%3cCF1A343D-713B-4E01-
>>> [hidden email]%3e
>>>
>>> Release artifacts can be found here:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/2.0.1/
>>>

>>> And here is my +1 (non-binding)
>>>
>>> Andrus

>> Craig Russell
>> jdo
>> 408 276-5638 mailto:[hidden email]
>> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:[hidden email]
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne

robert burrell donkin-2
On 10/1/06, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I just posted the new release snapshots here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/2.0.1/

+1

(cayenne-2.0.1-incubating/doc/api/cayenne/apache-javadoc.css i think was missed)

- robert

On Oct 3, 2006, at 5:32 PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> (cayenne-2.0.1-incubating/doc/api/cayenne/apache-javadoc.css i
> think was missed)

Oops - fixed that on the 2.0 branch and trunk.

Thanks
Andrus

Re: [VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne

Andrus Adamchik
We need one more vote from an Incubator PMC member...

Or do we? Jim Jagielski voted +1 on the release already during the
vote on cayenne-dev. Does that count?

Andrus

On Oct 1, 2006, at 4:41 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> I just posted the new release snapshots here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/2.0.1/
>
> The changes from the first attempt are:
>
> * Added license headers to the .dtd and .css files in the
> documentation.
> * Added license headers to the tutorial Java files that are
> changeable by users.
> * Added a note in the LICENSE file referring readers to the NOTICE
> file for explanation on third-party licenses.
>
> Many thanks to Robert for helping to straighten this up.
>
> Andrus
>

> On Sep 30, 2006, at 12:09 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
>> Cayenne community has voted and approved 2.0.1 release of Cayenne.
>> This release marks a major milestone in Cayenne incubation as
>> we've fully resolved all IP issues and got rid of incompatible
>> license dependencies. Now we would like to request the approval of
>> the Incubator PMC to perform the release.
>>

>> There were 6 "+1" votes (including 3 from PPMC members) and no
>> other votes:
>>
>> Andrus Adamchik +1
>> Michael Gentry +1
>> Tore Halset +1
>> Mike Kienenberger +1
>> Kevin Menard +1
>> Jim Jagielski +1 (cast on the PPMC list)
>>
>> Vote thread:
>>
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cayenne-dev/
>> 200609.mbox/%[hidden email]
>> %3e
>>
>> Release artifacts can be found here:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/2.0.1/
>>

>> And here is my +1 (non-binding)
>>
>> Andrus

Re: [VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne

Jim Jagielski
And here as well: +1

On Oct 5, 2006, at 1:55 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> We need one more vote from an Incubator PMC member...
>
> Or do we? Jim Jagielski voted +1 on the release already during the
> vote on cayenne-dev. Does that count?
>
> Andrus
>

> On Oct 1, 2006, at 4:41 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> I just posted the new release snapshots here:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/2.0.1/
>>
>> The changes from the first attempt are:
>>
>> * Added license headers to the .dtd and .css files in the
>> documentation.
>> * Added license headers to the tutorial Java files that are
>> changeable by users.
>> * Added a note in the LICENSE file referring readers to the NOTICE
>> file for explanation on third-party licenses.
>>
>> Many thanks to Robert for helping to straighten this up.
>>
>> Andrus
>>

>> On Sep 30, 2006, at 12:09 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>
>>> Cayenne community has voted and approved 2.0.1 release of
>>> Cayenne. This release marks a major milestone in Cayenne
>>> incubation as we've fully resolved all IP issues and got rid of
>>> incompatible license dependencies. Now we would like to request
>>> the approval of the Incubator PMC to perform the release.
>>>

>>> There were 6 "+1" votes (including 3 from PPMC members) and no
>>> other votes:
>>>
>>> Andrus Adamchik +1
>>> Michael Gentry +1
>>> Tore Halset +1
>>> Mike Kienenberger +1
>>> Kevin Menard +1
>>> Jim Jagielski +1 (cast on the PPMC list)
>>>
>>> Vote thread:
>>>
>>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cayenne-dev/
>>> 200609.mbox/%3cCF1A343D-713B-4E01-
>>> [hidden email]%3e
>>>
>>> Release artifacts can be found here:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/2.0.1/
>>>

>>> And here is my +1 (non-binding)
>>>
>>> Andrus

Re: [VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne

brianm

-Brian

On Sep 30, 2006, at 9:09 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Cayenne community has voted and approved 2.0.1 release of Cayenne.
> This release marks a major milestone in Cayenne incubation as we've
> fully resolved all IP issues and got rid of incompatible license
> dependencies. Now we would like to request the approval of the
> Incubator PMC to perform the release.
>

> There were 6 "+1" votes (including 3 from PPMC members) and no
> other votes:
>
> Andrus Adamchik +1
> Michael Gentry +1
> Tore Halset +1
> Mike Kienenberger +1
> Kevin Menard +1
> Jim Jagielski +1 (cast on the PPMC list)
>
> Vote thread:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cayenne-dev/
> 200609.mbox/%[hidden email]%3e
>
> Release artifacts can be found here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/2.0.1/
>

> And here is my +1 (non-binding)
>
> Andrus

Re: [VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne

Andrus Adamchik
Cayenne 2.0.1 release has been officially approved by the Incubator
PMC (voting thread can be found here - [1]). We got 6 "+1" votes (of
which 3 were binding), and no other votes:

Jean T. Anderson +1
Bill Dudney +1
Robert Burrell Donkin +1
Craig L Russell +1
Jim Jagielski +1
Andrus Adamchik +1

Now a practical question - what's involved in distributing the
release? Anything beyond placing a copy to "people.apache.org:/www/
people.apache.org/dist/incubator/cayenne/" ???

Andrus

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/
200610.mbox/%[hidden email]%3e

On Sep 30, 2006, at 12:09 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Cayenne community has voted and approved 2.0.1 release of Cayenne.
> This release marks a major milestone in Cayenne incubation as we've
> fully resolved all IP issues and got rid of incompatible license
> dependencies. Now we would like to request the approval of the
> Incubator PMC to perform the release.
>

> There were 6 "+1" votes (including 3 from PPMC members) and no
> other votes:
>
> Andrus Adamchik +1
> Michael Gentry +1
> Tore Halset +1
> Mike Kienenberger +1
> Kevin Menard +1
> Jim Jagielski +1 (cast on the PPMC list)
>
> Vote thread:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cayenne-dev/
> 200609.mbox/%[hidden email]%3e
>
> Release artifacts can be found here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/2.0.1/
>

> And here is my +1 (non-binding)
>
> Andrus

Re: [VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne

Andrus Adamchik
Brian McCallister's vote just came in, so it makes it 7 "+1", with 4
binding.

Andrus