[VOTE] Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 RC 3

[VOTE] Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 RC 3

Sandhya Sundaresan

Hello ,

This is a call to vote on  Apache Trafodion (incubating)  release 2.1.0 RC3 (Release Candidate 3)

Apache Trafodion is a webscale SQL-on-Hadoop solution enabling transactional or operational workloads on Hadoop. Trafodion builds on the scalability,
elasticity, and flexibility of Hadoop. Trafodion extends Hadoop to provide guaranteed transactional integrity, enabling new kinds of big data applications to run on Hadoop.

The Trafodion community has  voted and approved this release. Original email thread :
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6f000a0386492d9c48649a7f7278ec3b008146c896cfdf16e0b6511e@%3Cdev.trafodion.apache.org%3E

This is a major release and includes over 300 fixes and some important features.

The highlights are all documented here in the Release Notes : Trafodion 2.1 Release Notes<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Release+2.1>

They include :

  *   The new python installer
  *   Ambari integration and much easier  install option for use on HDP platform
  *   New features, SQL functions and syntax extensions
  *   Performance enhancements
  *   300+ Bug fixes resolved

JIRA Release Notes :
Trafodion 2.1 JIRA Release Notes<Jira Release Notes<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12335704&styleName=Html&projectId=12318620&Create=Create&atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED%7Cfd60b9cef974c1fc62eab72a2c84777fbbcd084e%7Clin>>

GIT info:
The tag for this candidate is "2.1.0rc3". Git repository: git:// git.apache.org/incubator-trafodion.git

Release artifacts :
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafodion/trafodion-2.1.0-RC3
Artifacts are signed with my key :  85F0776A  which is in https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/trafodion/KEYS

Instructions :

Setting up build environment and building from source :
*         https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Create+Build+Environment
*         https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Build+Source

Installing Trafodion using convenience binaries:
*         Follow requirements in Section 4 : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#requirements
*         Download Trafodion Binaries : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#_download_binaries

*         Ambari Install on HDP platform : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#install-ambari
*         Python Installer : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#install

[ ] +1 approve

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Vote will be open for atleast 72 hours unless cancelled.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 RC 3

Ivam Firestone

+1

Get Outlook for Android

[...]

+1 to release

One nit, in the LICENSE file you call out:

MIT-Expat for files in:
    installer/python-installer/scripts/httplib2/iri2uri.py
    installer/python-installer/scripts/httplib2/__init__.py

However, the proper top level path is just "install"

John

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 2:24 PM Sandhya Sundaresan <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Build+Source
>
> Installing Trafodion using convenience binaries:
> *         Follow requirements in Section 4 :
> http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#requirements
> *         Download Trafodion Binaries :
> http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#_download_binaries
>
> *         Ambari Install on HDP platform :
> http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#install-ambari
> *         Python Installer :
> http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#install
>

> [ ] +1 approve
>
> [ ] +0 no opinion
>
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Vote will be open for atleast 72 hours unless cancelled.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 RC 3

Jean-Baptiste Onofré

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]

RE: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 RC 3

Sandhya Sundaresan
Hi John,
Thank you for pointing this out. You're right -  will take care of this in the next release.
Thanks
Sandhya

> [...]

> Installing Trafodion using convenience binaries:
> *         Follow requirements in Section 4 :
> http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#requirements
> *         Download Trafodion Binaries :
> http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.ht
> ml#_download_binaries
>
> *         Ambari Install on HDP platform :
> http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#install-ambari
> *         Python Installer :
> http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.ht
> ml#install
>

> [ ] +1 approve
>
> [ ] +0 no opinion
>
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Vote will be open for atleast 72 hours unless cancelled.

RE: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 RC 3

Hello IPMC community,
    The Trafodion 2.1.0 release is awaiting just one more binding vote before we can move forward with this release. We have 3 +1 votes and 2 binding votes so far.  Could I request one of you to please take a look at the vote message below and help move this along ?
Thank you in advance !
Sandhya

> [...]

> *         Download Trafodion Binaries : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#_download_binaries
>
> *         Ambari Install on HDP platform : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#install-ambari
> *         Python Installer : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#install
>

> [ ] +1 approve
>
> [ ] +0 no opinion
>
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Vote will be open for atleast 72 hours unless cancelled.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 RC 3

Bertrand Delacretaz
Hi,

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Sandhya Sundaresan
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...The Trafodion 2.1.0 release is awaiting just one more binding vote before we can move forward with this release....

Did your mentors review the release and vote?
I don't see any of the names listed at [1] as having voted in this
thread or the podling vote thread, but maybe I missed something.

-Bertrand

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/trafodion.html

RE: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 RC 3

Sandhya Sundaresan
Hi,
   No not yet. I sent them a private reminder message as well.

Devaraj Das
Enis Söztutar
Michael Stack

Thanks !
Sandhya

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Sandhya Sundaresan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...The Trafodion 2.1.0 release is awaiting just one more binding vote before we can move forward with this release....

Did your mentors review the release and vote?
I don't see any of the names listed at [1] as having voted in this thread or the podling vote thread, but maybe I missed something.

-Bertrand

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/trafodion.html

Re: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 RC 3

P. Taylor Goetz

- L&N look good and DISCLAIMER exists
- signature is good
- spot checked license headers
- verified no binaries included

I noticed the same “installer” vs. “install” issue John pointed out, but that’s very minor.

-Taylor

> [...]
> *         https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Build+Source
>
> Installing Trafodion using convenience binaries:
> *         Follow requirements in Section 4 : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#requirements
> *         Download Trafodion Binaries : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#_download_binaries
>
> *         Ambari Install on HDP platform : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#install-ambari
> *         Python Installer : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#install
>

> [ ] +1 approve
>
> [ ] +0 no opinion
>
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Vote will be open for atleast 72 hours unless cancelled.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 RC 3

Pierre Smits
Thanks!

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 9:55 PM, P. Taylor Goetz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> Build+Source
> >
> > Installing Trafodion using convenience binaries:
> > *         Follow requirements in Section 4 : http://trafodion.incubator.
> apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#requirements
> > *         Download Trafodion Binaries : http://trafodion.incubator.
> apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#_download_binaries
> >
> > *         Ambari Install on HDP platform : http://trafodion.incubator.
> apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#install-ambari
> > *         Python Installer : http://trafodion.incubator.
> apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#install
> >

> > [ ] +1 approve
> >
> > [ ] +0 no opinion
> >
> > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> >
> > Vote will be open for atleast 72 hours unless cancelled.

RE: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 RC 3

Thank you !
I have corrected the minor issue on the master branch so it'll be fine for the next release.

Sandhya