[VOTE] Apache DataFu 1.3.3 release RC1

Matthew Hayes-3
The Apache DataFu community has voted on and approved the release of Apache
DataFu 1.3.3 RC1 (incubating):

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-datafu-dev/201801.mbox/%3CCAA4Vo8C_WCsDTU0MYPVGCXB9EeMZFzYrr-b-gWYuQKW-KmWKXA%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Results:
3 binding +1 votes
No 0 votes
No -1 votes

I'd like to call a vote in general to approve the release.

The source release candidate RC1 can be downloaded here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/datafu/apache-datafu-incubating-1.3.3-rc1/

The artifacts (i.e. JARs) built from 1.3.3 RC1 can be found here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedatafu-1006/

These have been signed with PGP key 7BA4C7DF, corresponding to
[hidden email], which is included in the repository's KEYS file.  This
key can be found on keyservers, such as:

*http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7BA4C7DF
<http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7BA4C7DF>*

The key is also listed here:

https://people.apache.org/keys/group/datafu.asc

The release candidate has been tagged in git with release-1.3.3-rc1, which
has been signed with the same key.  There is also a branch named 1.3.3.

For reference, here is a list of all closed JIRAs tagged with 1.3.3:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DATAFU-126?jql=project
%20%3D%20DATAFU%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Closed%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.3
.3%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20DESC%2C%20created%20DESC%2C%20status%
20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC

For a summary of the changes in this release, see:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-datafu/blob/1.3.3/changes.md

RC0 addressed feedback from an earlier discussion in general regarding the
SHA-512 file extension being incorrect according to release distribution
guidelines.  RC1 additionally addresses feedback from the RC0 vote in
incubator general regarding the json dependency:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201801.mbox/%3CD15D6493-7375-4384-AAD3-6C956E4A67B9%40classsoftware.com%3E

Other changes in RC1 compared to RC0:

* Website source code removed from source release and LICENSE updated
accordingly.
* Now builds on Windows.

Please download the release candidate, check the hashes, check the
signatures, test it, and vote.  The vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
Matt, on behalf of the Apache DataFu PPMC

Re: [VOTE] Apache DataFu 1.3.3 release RC1

- incubating in name
- signature and hashes good
- disclaimer exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE good
- no unexpected binary files
- can compile from source

Re: [VOTE] Apache DataFu 1.3.3 release RC1

Matthew Hayes-2
Hi, it's been almost 72 hours since the vote was opened.  How many votes do
we need for this to pass?  Can other folks take a look if necessary?

Thanks,
Matt

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 9:13 PM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>

> I checked:
> - incubating in name
> - signature and hashes good
> - disclaimer exists
> - LICENSE and NOTICE good
> - no unexpected binary files
> - can compile from source

Re: [VOTE] Apache DataFu 1.3.3 release RC1

Justin Mclean-3
Hi,

> Hi, it's been almost 72 hours since the vote was opened.  How many votes do
> we need for this to pass?  Can other folks take a look if necessary?

I suggest asking your mentor who are IPMC member to vote.

Re: [VOTE] Apache DataFu 1.3.3 release RC1

Jakob Homan
+1 (binding)
- Sigs/asc look good
- NOTICE/LICENSE/DISCLAIMER look good
- Licenses look good
- Tests succeed
- Gradle binaries not included

Good work.
-Jakob

On 24 January 2018 at 13:01, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Hi, it's been almost 72 hours since the vote was opened.  How many votes do
>> we need for this to pass?  Can other folks take a look if necessary?
>
> I suggest asking your mentor who are IPMC member to vote.

Re: [VOTE] Apache DataFu 1.3.3 release RC1

Roman Shaposhnik
+1 (binding)

- checked sigs
- LICENSES/NOTICE/DISCLAIMER look good
- Headers look good
- checked for the release tag in Git
- offending (cat X) material got removed, but otherwise git tag
matches release tarball

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. Weirdly gradle.properties is set to non-release on tag -- you may
want to look
into that for future releases

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 10:59 AM, Jakob Homan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (binding)
> - Sigs/asc look good
> - NOTICE/LICENSE/DISCLAIMER look good
> - Licenses look good
> - Tests succeed
> - Gradle binaries not included
>
> Good work.
> -Jakob
>
> On 24 January 2018 at 13:01, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Hi, it's been almost 72 hours since the vote was opened.  How many votes do
>>> we need for this to pass?  Can other folks take a look if necessary?
>>
>> I suggest asking your mentor who are IPMC member to vote.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Justin

Re: [VOTE] Apache DataFu 1.3.3 release RC1

Matthew Hayes-2
Thanks for taking a look Roman.  I have filed the following JIRA about the
gradle.properties issue you raised:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DATAFU-136

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 2:53 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[hidden email]>