[VOTE] Apache AriaTosca Release 0.2.0

Thomas Nadeau
The Apache AriaTosca Incubator PPMC has voted +4 to release Apache
Ariatosca 0.2.0. This vote carries over +1 binding vote from IPMC members.

Incubator PMC members please review and vote on this incubator release.

More information about AriaTosca can be found here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-ariatosca/blob/master/README.rst

Vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/7dd2cfdb29277c6b39a44c71b985f827d5ee718bb97f5110e9773212@%3Cdev.ariatosca.apache.org%3E

Result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/83ba95d97fcf2bd3ab092652392df0bf69ac93e99470b252f5bcbe80@%3Cdev.ariatosca.apache.org%3E
The release artifacts, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ariatosca/0.2.0-incubating/

The testing/staging pypi version can be found here:
https://test.pypi.org/project/apache-ariatosca/

Instructions for installation etc. may be found in the README.md file

The release hash is ba6413d29769075dd883ec5fe6eb24afc98fb3fd and can be
found here:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/ba6413d29769075dd883ec5fe6eb24afc98fb3fd
<
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/ba6413d29769075dd883ec5fe6eb24afc98fb3fd

Release artifacts are signed with my KEY. KEY files are available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ariatosca/KEYS  For
information about the contents of this release, including the list of
resolved issues for this release are simply all
the issues that have been resolved thus far since the last release. Those
can be found here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard
<
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=150&projectKey=ARIA&view=planning&selectedIssue=ARIA-394

The vote will be open starting now on Monday, January 8, 2017 at 10AM EST
and will conclude after 72 hours on Wednesday, January 8, 2018 at 10AM EST.
[ ] +1 Release this package as 0.1.0 [ ] +0 no opinion [ ] -1 Do not
release this package because... Thanks.

--Tom

Re: [VOTE] Apache AriaTosca Release 0.2.0

Justin Mclean-3
Hi,

-1 binding as releases don't have incubating in the name.
apache-ariatosca-0.2.0.tar.gz
apache_ariatosca-0.2.0-py2-none-any.whl

Also can you confirm the license of these two files  [1][2] as they contain:
"Project Clearwater is an open-source IMS core, developed by Metaswitch Networks and released under the GNU GPLv3."

I checked:
- incubating missing in release name
- signatures and hashes correct
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE correct
- no unexpected binaries in source release
- all source files have ASF headers
- couldn’t compile from source but probably my environment

1. apache-ariatosca-0.2.0-incubating.tar/apache-ariatosca-0.2.0-incubating/examples/clearwater/clearwater-live-test-existing.yaml
2. apache-ariatosca-0.2.0-incubating.tar/apache-ariatosca-0.2.0-incubating/examples/clearwater/clearwater-single-existing.yaml

Re: [VOTE] Apache AriaTosca Release 0.2.0

Tal Liron-2
Hi Justin,

Project Clearwater is GNU GPLv3, however it is not included in this
distribution. These two files are Apache licensed. The line you quote is
merely informational.

That tarball and wheel file you are looking at are not Apache
distributions, but rather Python packages. Are you sure they need to have
"-incubating" in the name?

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 1:15 AM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> -1 binding as releases don't have incubating in the name.
> apache-ariatosca-0.2.0.tar.gz
> apache_ariatosca-0.2.0-py2-none-any.whl
>
> Also can you confirm the license of these two files  [1][2] as they
> contain:
> "Project Clearwater is an open-source IMS core, developed by Metaswitch
> Networks and released under the GNU GPLv3."
>
> I checked:
> - incubating missing in release name
> - signatures and hashes correct
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - LICENSE and NOTICE correct
> - no unexpected binaries in source release
> - all source files have ASF headers
> - couldn’t compile from source but probably my environment

> 1. apache-ariatosca-0.2.0-incubating.tar/apache-
> ariatosca-0.2.0-incubating/examples/clearwater/
> clearwater-live-test-existing.yaml
> 2. apache-ariatosca-0.2.0-incubating.tar/apache-
> ariatosca-0.2.0-incubating/examples/clearwater/clearwater-single-existing.
> yaml

Re: [VOTE] Apache AriaTosca Release 0.2.0

John D. Ament-2
On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 2:35 AM Tal Liron <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Justin,
>
> Project Clearwater is GNU GPLv3, however it is not included in this
> distribution. These two files are Apache licensed. The line you quote is
> merely informational.

That line should be removed, as it is not relevant to the release contents
then.

> That tarball and wheel file you are looking at are not Apache
> distributions, but rather Python packages. Are you sure they need to have
> "-incubating" in the name?

As far as I can tell, this is a limitation of the pypi packages, and the
source release includes the proper naming.  I see that in the 0.1.1
release, this issue didn't come up.  Do you know if we can include a suffix
this like, or would pypi treat this as a part of the version #?

> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 1:15 AM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>

> > -1 binding as releases don't have incubating in the name.
> > apache-ariatosca-0.2.0.tar.gz
> > apache_ariatosca-0.2.0-py2-none-any.whl
> >
> > Also can you confirm the license of these two files  [1][2] as they
> > contain:
> > "Project Clearwater is an open-source IMS core, developed by Metaswitch
> > Networks and released under the GNU GPLv3."
> >
> > I checked:
> > - incubating missing in release name
> > - signatures and hashes correct
> > - DISCLAIMER exists
> > - LICENSE and NOTICE correct
> > - no unexpected binaries in source release
> > - all source files have ASF headers
> > - couldn’t compile from source but probably my environment
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Justin
> >
> > 1. apache-ariatosca-0.2.0-incubating.tar/apache-
> > ariatosca-0.2.0-incubating/examples/clearwater/
> > clearwater-live-test-existing.yaml
> > 2. apache-ariatosca-0.2.0-incubating.tar/apache-
> >
> ariatosca-0.2.0-incubating/examples/clearwater/clearwater-single-existing.
> > yaml

Re: [VOTE] Apache AriaTosca Release 0.2.0

Tal Liron-2
John, the line is relevant. The service template in question is used to
install and deploy Clearwater IMS. I believe users should know what they
are installing.

I don't know if we can include a suffix easily, and wonder why need to
change it now -- it will make it harder for users to upgrade if there are
two different package names.

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 10:57 AM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 2:35 AM Tal Liron <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Justin,
> >
> > Project Clearwater is GNU GPLv3, however it is not included in this
> > distribution. These two files are Apache licensed. The line you quote is
> > merely informational.
> >

> That line should be removed, as it is not relevant to the release contents
> then.
>

> > That tarball and wheel file you are looking at are not Apache
> > distributions, but rather Python packages. Are you sure they need to have
> > "-incubating" in the name?
> >

> As far as I can tell, this is a limitation of the pypi packages, and the
> source release includes the proper naming.  I see that in the 0.1.1
> release, this issue didn't come up.  Do you know if we can include a suffix
> this like, or would pypi treat this as a part of the version #?
>

> > On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 1:15 AM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > -1 binding as releases don't have incubating in the name.
> > > apache-ariatosca-0.2.0.tar.gz
> > > apache_ariatosca-0.2.0-py2-none-any.whl
> > >
> > > Also can you confirm the license of these two files  [1][2] as they
> > > contain:
> > > "Project Clearwater is an open-source IMS core, developed by Metaswitch
> > > Networks and released under the GNU GPLv3."
> > >
> > > I checked:
> > > - incubating missing in release name
> > > - signatures and hashes correct
> > > - DISCLAIMER exists
> > > - LICENSE and NOTICE correct
> > > - no unexpected binaries in source release
> > > - all source files have ASF headers
> > > - couldn’t compile from source but probably my environment
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Justin
> > >
> > > 1. apache-ariatosca-0.2.0-incubating.tar/apache-
> > > ariatosca-0.2.0-incubating/examples/clearwater/
> > > clearwater-live-test-existing.yaml
> > > 2. apache-ariatosca-0.2.0-incubating.tar/apache-
> > >
> > ariatosca-0.2.0-incubating/examples/clearwater/
> clearwater-single-existing.
> > > yaml

Re: [VOTE] Apache AriaTosca Release 0.2.0

Justin Mclean-3

> That tarball and wheel file you are looking at are not Apache
> distributions, but rather Python packages. Are you sure they need to have
> "-incubating" in the name?

This seem fairly clear on what’s required. [1] What do other IPMC members think?

1. https://incubator.apache.org/policy/incubation.html#releases

Re: [VOTE] Apache AriaTosca Release 0.2.0

Dave Fisher-5

> On Jan 10, 2018, at 3:34 PM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> That tarball and wheel file you are looking at are not Apache
>> distributions, but rather Python packages. Are you sure they need to have
>> "-incubating" in the name?
>
> This seem fairly clear on what’s required. [1] What do other IPMC members think?

See what John wrote about limitations in the Python packaging.

> 1. https://incubator.apache.org/policy/incubation.html#releases

Re: [VOTE] Apache AriaTosca Release 0.2.0

sebb-2-2
On 10 January 2018 at 17:10, Tal Liron <[hidden email]> wrote:
> John, the line is relevant. The service template in question is used to
> install and deploy Clearwater IMS.

The NOTICE and LICENSE files are ONLY for files that are actually
included in the release archive.

> I believe users should know what they are installing.

Yes, but not in NOTICE.
There should be a prompt to ask the user whether it's OK to install the code.
The license can be mentioned at that point.

A separate issue is whether the dependency on the GPL code is OK.
Will the product run without the download?
The general rule is that Cat X dependencies (includes GPL) must be optional.

http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#optional

> I don't know if we can include a suffix easily, and wonder why need to
> change it now -- it will make it harder for users to upgrade if there are
> two different package names.
>
> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 10:57 AM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 2:35 AM Tal Liron <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Justin,
>> >
>> > Project Clearwater is GNU GPLv3, however it is not included in this
>> > distribution. These two files are Apache licensed. The line you quote is
>> > merely informational.
>> >

>> That line should be removed, as it is not relevant to the release contents
>> then.
>>

>> > That tarball and wheel file you are looking at are not Apache
>> > distributions, but rather Python packages. Are you sure they need to have
>> > "-incubating" in the name?
>> >

>> As far as I can tell, this is a limitation of the pypi packages, and the
>> source release includes the proper naming.  I see that in the 0.1.1
>> release, this issue didn't come up.  Do you know if we can include a suffix
>> this like, or would pypi treat this as a part of the version #?

>> > ariatosca-0.2.0-incubating/examples/clearwater/
>> clearwater-single-existing.

Re: [VOTE] Apache AriaTosca Release 0.2.0

Tal Liron-2
The line mentioned is not in NOTICE. The line is specifically a comment in
a file used to download/install a 3rd party product on the cloud. I truly
think we are in the clear here.

Re: Python packaging. Apache Airflow is also in incubation and also, like
AriaTosca, does not have the "-incubating" in its Python package name.

I think it's time we had some clarity here regarding policy and apply it to
all projects. AriaTosca would of course comply with whatever is decided.

On 11 January 2018 at 00:52, Tal Liron <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The line mentioned is not in NOTICE. The line is specifically a comment in
> a file used to download/install a 3rd party product on the cloud.

OK, then my comment about the NOTICE file contents was not relevant here.

> I truly think we are in the clear here.

My comment about the dependency on GPL code has yet to be answered, so
I don't think you can claim compliance yet.

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 7:53 PM Tal Liron <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The line mentioned is not in NOTICE. The line is specifically a comment in
> a file used to download/install a 3rd party product on the cloud. I truly
> think we are in the clear here.
>
> Re: Python packaging. Apache Airflow is also in incubation and also, like
> AriaTosca, does not have the "-incubating" in its Python package name.
>
> I think it's time we had some clarity here regarding policy and apply it to
> all projects. AriaTosca would of course comply with whatever is decided.

Actually, if anything, my lessons learned from the early days of AT have
helped us provide more input to projects like Airflow.  We haven't dealt
with a lot of python projects, especially those published via pypi.  So
please help us understand factually what are the issues.

When we publish a package, it should be named
apache-projectname-version-incubating.  Does the way pypi work mean that
the version is "version-incubating" or does pypi support qualifiers?

> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 6:44 PM, sebb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 10 January 2018 at 17:10, Tal Liron <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > John, the line is relevant. The service template in question is used to
> > > install and deploy Clearwater IMS.
> >
> > The NOTICE and LICENSE files are ONLY for files that are actually
> > included in the release archive.
> >
> > > I believe users should know what they are installing.
> >
> > Yes, but not in NOTICE.
> > There should be a prompt to ask the user whether it's OK to install the
> > code.
> > The license can be mentioned at that point.
> >
> > A separate issue is whether the dependency on the GPL code is OK.
> > Will the product run without the download?
> > The general rule is that Cat X dependencies (includes GPL) must be
> > optional.
> >
> > http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#optional
> >
> > > I don't know if we can include a suffix easily, and wonder why need to
> > > change it now -- it will make it harder for users to upgrade if there
> are
> > > two different package names.

> quote
> > is

> > contents

> > have

> the
> > suffix

> they
> > Metaswitch

Re: [VOTE] Apache AriaTosca Release 0.2.0

Tal Liron-2
The Python package name does not contain the version. In Python tooling
(setuptools, distutils, pip) you specify the dependency as a combination of
a package name and a version qualifier (specific, list, range, etc.).

(There are a few rare exceptions in which the version number becomes part
of the package name, usually as part of a project fork. For example:
"Jinja2".)

The package file names do contain a version number, and actually follow a
strict naming convention. There are a few common packaging formats
(tarballs, eggs, wheels) with their own naming conventions, which including
the version, and sometimes which Python versions they support, and which
platform they are pre-compiled for. Example of a wheel filename:

ronin-1.1.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl

The biggest problem I can see in adding "-incubating" to the Python package
name is that when the project graduates from incubation all dependent
projects would have to be updated with the new name in order to continue
getting updates from the project. For example, if a project depends on
"apache-airflow-incubator>1.9.0" but the then version 1.9.1 is released as
"apache-airflow" due to graduation, the update will not arrive.

I would consider it a major disruption for a Python package to change its
name and hope the ASF considers not adding "-incubating" to Python package
names.

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 7:11 PM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]

> (tarballs, eggs, wheels) with their own naming conventions, which including
> the version, and sometimes which Python versions they support, and which
> platform they are pre-compiled for. Example of a wheel filename:
>
> ronin-1.1.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl
>
> The biggest problem I can see in adding "-incubating" to the Python package
> name is that when the project graduates from incubation all dependent
> projects would have to be updated with the new name in order to continue
> getting updates from the project. For example, if a project depends on
> "apache-airflow-incubator>1.9.0" but the then version 1.9.1 is released as
> "apache-airflow" due to graduation, the update will not arrive.
>
> I would consider it a major disruption for a Python package to change its
> name and hope the ASF considers not adding "-incubating" to Python package
Would a version like "1.9.0.incubating" be feasible?

> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 7:11 PM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 7:53 PM Tal Liron <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> The line mentioned is not in NOTICE. The line is specifically a comment
>> in
>>> a file used to download/install a 3rd party product on the cloud. I truly
>>> think we are in the clear here.
>>>
>>> Re: Python packaging. Apache Airflow is also in incubation and also, like
>>> AriaTosca, does not have the "-incubating" in its Python package name.
>>>
>>> I think it's time we had some clarity here regarding policy and apply it
>>> all projects. AriaTosca would of course comply with whatever is decided.
>>>

>> Actually, if anything, my lessons learned from the early days of AT have
>> helped us provide more input to projects like Airflow.  We haven't dealt
>> with a lot of python projects, especially those published via pypi.  So
>> please help us understand factually what are the issues.
>>
>> When we publish a package, it should be named
>> apache-projectname-version-incubating.  Does the way pypi work mean that
>> the version is "version-incubating" or does pypi support qualifiers?

>>> are

>> [hidden email]

>> this
>>> quote

>>> the

>> [hidden email]

>>> they

>> apache.org
>>> [hidden email]

Re: [VOTE] Apache AriaTosca Release 0.2.0

Tal Liron-2

> My comment about the dependency on GPL code has yet to be answered, so
> I don't think you can claim compliance yet.

AriaTosca does not have a dependency on any GPL code.

The particular YAML file we are talking can be used by AriaTosca users to
spin up new virtual machines in the cloud somewhere and install Clearwater
there. It's akin to an Apache project containing a bash script like this:

#!/bin/bash
# The following line installs emacs, which is a text operating system
licensed under the GPL
sudo apt install emacs

There's nothing wrong with including the above in an Apache project, is
there? I'm sorry to be stubborn about this, but I believe in good,
informative documentation. I think it's a good idea to let people know what
code does.

Re: [VOTE] Apache AriaTosca Release 0.2.0

Tal Liron-2
> Would a version like "1.9.0.incubating" be feasible?

I appreciate the creative idea. :) But it's very non-standard and not with
the spirit of what the version string is for. The "official" document on
versioning is this:

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0440/

You are allowed string specifiers, but they are all meant for release
types: dev, beta, etc. I would think that adding a project status qualifier
here would be an abuse of the versioning string for adding metadata. Not
the end of the world, but feels wrong to me and might have repercussions
that I cannot foresee. Otherwise, there is quite a bit of metadata for
Python packages, and we definitely make it clear wherever we can this it is
an ASF incubating project.

By the way, Apache Airflow has a very minimal description that might not
make it so clear that it is an Apache incubating project. To compare:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/apache-airflow/1.9.0
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/apache-ariatosca/0.1.1

On Jan 10, 2018, at 5:52 PM, Tal Liron <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks. Perhaps if you can make sure that the line with "ARIA is an incubation project under the Apache Software Foundation.” Is expanded to include the whole DISCLAIMER.

What do people think?

Re: [VOTE] Apache AriaTosca Release 0.2.0

John D. Ament
On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 9:22 PM Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2018, at 5:52 PM, Tal Liron <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Would a version like "1.9.0.incubating" be feasible?
>

> I appreciate the creative idea. :) But it's very non-standard and not with
> the spirit of what the version string is for. The "official" document on
> versioning is this:
>
> https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0440/
>
> You are allowed string specifiers, but they are all meant for release
> types: dev, beta, etc. I would think that adding a project status qualifier
> here would be an abuse of the versioning string for adding metadata. Not
> the end of the world, but feels wrong to me and might have repercussions
> that I cannot foresee. Otherwise, there is quite a bit of metadata for
> Python packages, and we definitely make it clear wherever we can this it is
> an ASF incubating project.
>
> By the way, Apache Airflow has a very minimal description that might not
> make it so clear that it is an Apache incubating project. To compare:
>
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/apache-airflow/1.9.0
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/apache-ariatosca/0.1.1
>

> Thanks. Perhaps if you can make sure that the line with "ARIA is an
> incubation project under the Apache Software Foundation
> <https://www.apache.org/>.” Is expanded to include the whole DISCLAIMER.
>
> What do people think?

I think I agree.  If we ask that the full disclaimer gets put on the README
that generates the landing page for pypi package, that would satisfy any
concerns I could see.  Technically, if that README appeared in the source
release as well you wouldn't have to include a separate DISCLAIMER file.

The purpose behind "-incubating" is to make it clear that this is not an
endorsed release (whatever that means from a foundation standpoint).  It's
not meant to encumber or slow down usage of the product by any means.  If
there's a hardship with adding it, we (the IPMC) want to understand the
issue and help come up with a solution rather than mandate following an
existing process.

> Regards,
> Dave

Re: [VOTE] Apache AriaTosca Release 0.2.0

Thomas Nadeau
I agree on explicit clarity, especially in the cases of incubation projects
where people might be new to this whole process.
I personally scoured the available documentation yesterday after this came
up and just didn't have the time to chime in,
but I didn't find any specific guidance.

I agree with Tal here %100. Apache needs to have clear instructions on how
to handle this situation.  After this
discussion is clarified, can we ensure someone takes the action to update
the apache docs?  I am happy to help
with this if I can.

--Tom

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 7:52 PM, Tal Liron <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The line mentioned is not in NOTICE. The line is specifically a comment in
> a file used to download/install a 3rd party product on the cloud. I truly
> think we are in the clear here.
>
> Re: Python packaging. Apache Airflow is also in incubation and also, like
> AriaTosca, does not have the "-incubating" in its Python package name.
>
> I think it's time we had some clarity here regarding policy and apply it to
> all projects. AriaTosca would of course comply with whatever is decided.
>
> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 6:44 PM, sebb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 10 January 2018 at 17:10, Tal Liron <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > John, the line is relevant. The service template in question is used to
> > > install and deploy Clearwater IMS.
> >
> > The NOTICE and LICENSE files are ONLY for files that are actually
> > included in the release archive.
> >
> > > I believe users should know what they are installing.
> >
> > Yes, but not in NOTICE.
> > There should be a prompt to ask the user whether it's OK to install the
> > code.
> > The license can be mentioned at that point.
> >
> > A separate issue is whether the dependency on the GPL code is OK.
> > Will the product run without the download?
> > The general rule is that Cat X dependencies (includes GPL) must be
> > optional.
> >
> > http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#optional
> >
> > > I don't know if we can include a suffix easily, and wonder why need to
> > > change it now -- it will make it harder for users to upgrade if there
> are
> > > two different package names.

> quote
> > is

> > contents

> > have

> the
> > suffix

> they
> > Metaswitch

> org

Re: [VOTE] Apache AriaTosca Release 0.2.0

John D. Ament-2
I want to wrap this up in a way that follow precedent.  While Groovy was
incubating, we voted on their source releases.  Their source releases
followed incubator policies - including the -incubating in the source
release file name.  The output from the Groovy releases though (the
convenience binaries) all omitted the -incubating suffix.  I believe we can
follow that same pattern here - the pypi packages (convenience binaries)
don't include -incubating, but the source release does.

So I'm staying with my +1, based on this and the explanation Tal gave for
the Clearwater samples.

John

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:32 AM Thomas Nadeau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I agree on explicit clarity, especially in the cases of incubation projects
> where people might be new to this whole process.
> I personally scoured the available documentation yesterday after this came
> up and just didn't have the time to chime in,
> but I didn't find any specific guidance.
>
> I agree with Tal here %100. Apache needs to have clear instructions on how
> to handle this situation.  After this
> discussion is clarified, can we ensure someone takes the action to update
> the apache docs?  I am happy to help
> with this if I can.
>
> --Tom
>

> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 7:52 PM, Tal Liron <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > The line mentioned is not in NOTICE. The line is specifically a comment
> in
> > a file used to download/install a 3rd party product on the cloud. I truly
> > think we are in the clear here.
> >
> > Re: Python packaging. Apache Airflow is also in incubation and also, like
> > AriaTosca, does not have the "-incubating" in its Python package name.
> >
> > I think it's time we had some clarity here regarding policy and apply it
> > all projects. AriaTosca would of course comply with whatever is decided.

> > > The NOTICE and LICENSE files are ONLY for files that are actually
> > > included in the release archive.

> > > Yes, but not in NOTICE.
> > > There should be a prompt to ask the user whether it's OK to install the
> > > code.
> > > The license can be mentioned at that point.
> > >
> > > A separate issue is whether the dependency on the GPL code is OK.
> > > Will the product run without the download?
> > > The general rule is that Cat X dependencies (includes GPL) must be
> > > optional.
> > >
> > > http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#optional

> > are

> [hidden email]

> this
> > quote
> > > is

> > > contents

> > > have

> > the
> > > suffix

> [hidden email]

> > they
> > > Metaswitch

> > org

Re: [VOTE] Apache AriaTosca Release 0.2.0

Seems reasonable. Changing my vote to +1 (binding)