[VOTE] Accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator

[VOTE] Accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator

Felix Cheung
Hi,

As we discussed the Sedona proposal [1], I would like to call for a vote to
accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator.

Sedona is a big geospatial data processing engine. The system provides an
easy to use Scala, SQL, and Python APIs for spatial data scientists to
manage, wrangle, and process geospatial data. The system extends and builds
upon a popular cluster computing framework (Apache Spark) to provide
scalability.

The final proposal can be found at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Sedona+Proposal

Please cast your vote:

  [ ] +1, yes, bring Sedona into Incubator
  [ ] 0, I don't care either way
  [ ] -1, no, do not bring Sedona into Incubator, because...

The vote will open for at least 72 hours and only votes from the IPMC
members are considered binding, but other votes are welcome!

Thanks,
Felix

-
[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r72f0b7ddd3143179045653050de9b7de8508d8f8b8194bd73a53e704%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Re: [VOTE] Accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator

George Percivall
+1  [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

 <https://www.ogc.org/webinars>

Re: [VOTE] Accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator

Dave Fisher

> On Jul 15, 2020, at 8:49 PM, Felix Cheung <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> As we discussed the Sedona proposal [1], I would like to call for a vote to
> accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator.
>
> Sedona is a big geospatial data processing engine. The system provides an
> easy to use Scala, SQL, and Python APIs for spatial data scientists to
> manage, wrangle, and process geospatial data. The system extends and builds
> upon a popular cluster computing framework (Apache Spark) to provide
> scalability.
>
> The final proposal can be found at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Sedona+Proposal
>
> Please cast your vote:
>
>  [ ] +1, yes, bring Sedona into Incubator
>  [ ] 0, I don't care either way
>  [ ] -1, no, do not bring Sedona into Incubator, because...
>
> The vote will open for at least 72 hours and only votes from the IPMC
> members are considered binding, but other votes are welcome!
>
> Thanks,
> Felix
>

> -
> [1]
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r72f0b7ddd3143179045653050de9b7de8508d8f8b8194bd73a53e704%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Re: [VOTE] Accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator

Kevin Ratnasekera
+1 ( binding )

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 9:33 PM Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> > On Jul 15, 2020, at 8:49 PM, Felix Cheung <[hidden email]>

> > As we discussed the Sedona proposal [1], I would like to call for a vote
> > accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator.
> >
> > Sedona is a big geospatial data processing engine. The system provides an
> > easy to use Scala, SQL, and Python APIs for spatial data scientists to
> > manage, wrangle, and process geospatial data. The system extends and
> builds
> > upon a popular cluster computing framework (Apache Spark) to provide
> > scalability.
> >
> > The final proposal can be found at
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Sedona+Proposal
> >
> > Please cast your vote:
> >
> >  [ ] +1, yes, bring Sedona into Incubator
> >  [ ] 0, I don't care either way
> >  [ ] -1, no, do not bring Sedona into Incubator, because...
> >
> > The vote will open for at least 72 hours and only votes from the IPMC
> > members are considered binding, but other votes are welcome!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Felix
> >

> > -
> > [1]
> >
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r72f0b7ddd3143179045653050de9b7de8508d8f8b8194bd73a53e704%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Re: [VOTE] Accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator

Furkan KAMACI

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 7:11 PM Kevin Ratnasekera <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1 ( binding )
>
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 9:33 PM Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1 (binding)
> >
> > > On Jul 15, 2020, at 8:49 PM, Felix Cheung <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > As we discussed the Sedona proposal [1], I would like to call for a
> vote
> > > accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator.
> > >
> > > Sedona is a big geospatial data processing engine. The system provides
> an
> > > easy to use Scala, SQL, and Python APIs for spatial data scientists to
> > > manage, wrangle, and process geospatial data. The system extends and
> > builds
> > > upon a popular cluster computing framework (Apache Spark) to provide
> > > scalability.
> > >
> > > The final proposal can be found at
> > > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Sedona+Proposal
> > >
> > > Please cast your vote:
> > >
> > >  [ ] +1, yes, bring Sedona into Incubator
> > >  [ ] 0, I don't care either way
> > >  [ ] -1, no, do not bring Sedona into Incubator, because...
> > >
> > > The vote will open for at least 72 hours and only votes from the IPMC
> > > members are considered binding, but other votes are welcome!
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Felix
> > >

> > > -
> > > [1]
> > >

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r72f0b7ddd3143179045653050de9b7de8508d8f8b8194bd73a53e704%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Re: [VOTE] Accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator

Jean-Baptiste Onofre

Regards
JB

> Le 16 juil. 2020 à 05:49, Felix Cheung <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> As we discussed the Sedona proposal [1], I would like to call for a vote to
> accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator.
>
> Sedona is a big geospatial data processing engine. The system provides an
> easy to use Scala, SQL, and Python APIs for spatial data scientists to
> manage, wrangle, and process geospatial data. The system extends and builds
> upon a popular cluster computing framework (Apache Spark) to provide
> scalability.
>
> The final proposal can be found at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Sedona+Proposal
>
> Please cast your vote:
>
>  [ ] +1, yes, bring Sedona into Incubator
>  [ ] 0, I don't care either way
>  [ ] -1, no, do not bring Sedona into Incubator, because...
>
> The vote will open for at least 72 hours and only votes from the IPMC
> members are considered binding, but other votes are welcome!
>
> Thanks,
> Felix
>

> -
> [1]
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r72f0b7ddd3143179045653050de9b7de8508d8f8b8194bd73a53e704%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Re: [VOTE] Accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator

Willem Jiang

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 6:19 AM Willem Jiang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> Willem Jiang
>
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 11:49 AM Felix Cheung <[hidden email]>

> > As we discussed the Sedona proposal [1], I would like to call for a vote
> > accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator.
> >
> > Sedona is a big geospatial data processing engine. The system provides an
> > easy to use Scala, SQL, and Python APIs for spatial data scientists to
> > manage, wrangle, and process geospatial data. The system extends and
> builds
> > upon a popular cluster computing framework (Apache Spark) to provide
> > scalability.
> >
> > The final proposal can be found at
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Sedona+Proposal
> >
> > Please cast your vote:
> >
> >   [ ] +1, yes, bring Sedona into Incubator
> >   [ ] 0, I don't care either way
> >   [ ] -1, no, do not bring Sedona into Incubator, because...
> >
> > The vote will open for at least 72 hours and only votes from the IPMC
> > members are considered binding, but other votes are welcome!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Felix
> >

> > -
> > [1]
> >
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r72f0b7ddd3143179045653050de9b7de8508d8f8b8194bd73a53e704%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

[RESULT] [VOTE] Accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator

Felix Cheung

With 6 binding +1 votes, and no -1, to vote to accept Sedona into the
Apache Incubator CLOSED and the vote has PASSED.

[6] +1 Binding votes:
- Jean-Baptiste Onofre
- Dave Fisher
- Kevin Ratnasekera
- Furkan KAMACI
- Willem Jiang
- Felix Cheung

[ 0 ] +0  Binding votes
[ 0 ] -1  Binding votes

Vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rebedb029694dc71c4e0e82f7d27735d98724ea507e6b05f0fae4f267%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

On behalf of the Sedona community, thank you all.
Felix

Re: [VOTE] Accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator

Craig Russell-3

Craig

> On Jul 18, 2020, at 6:18 AM, Willem Jiang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1 (binding)
>
> Willem Jiang
>
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 11:49 AM Felix Cheung <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As we discussed the Sedona proposal [1], I would like to call for a vote to
>> accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator.
>>
>> Sedona is a big geospatial data processing engine. The system provides an
>> easy to use Scala, SQL, and Python APIs for spatial data scientists to
>> manage, wrangle, and process geospatial data. The system extends and builds
>> upon a popular cluster computing framework (Apache Spark) to provide
>> scalability.
>>
>> The final proposal can be found at
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Sedona+Proposal
>>
>> Please cast your vote:
>>
>>  [ ] +1, yes, bring Sedona into Incubator
>>  [ ] 0, I don't care either way
>>  [ ] -1, no, do not bring Sedona into Incubator, because...
>>
>> The vote will open for at least 72 hours and only votes from the IPMC
>> members are considered binding, but other votes are welcome!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Felix
>>

>> -
>> [1]
>> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r72f0b7ddd3143179045653050de9b7de8508d8f8b8194bd73a53e704%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Craig L Russell

Re: [VOTE] Accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator

tan zhongyi
+1 .

在 2020/7/18 下午12:49,“Jean-Baptiste Onofre”<[hidden email]> 写入:

    +1 (binding)

    Regards
    JB

    > Le 16 juil. 2020 à 05:49, Felix Cheung <[hidden email]> a écrit :
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > As we discussed the Sedona proposal [1], I would like to call for a vote to
    > accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator.
    >
    > Sedona is a big geospatial data processing engine. The system provides an
    > easy to use Scala, SQL, and Python APIs for spatial data scientists to
    > manage, wrangle, and process geospatial data. The system extends and builds
    > upon a popular cluster computing framework (Apache Spark) to provide
    > scalability.
    >
    > The final proposal can be found at
    > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Sedona+Proposal
    >
    > Please cast your vote:
    >
    >  [ ] +1, yes, bring Sedona into Incubator
    >  [ ] 0, I don't care either way
    >  [ ] -1, no, do not bring Sedona into Incubator, because...
    >
    > The vote will open for at least 72 hours and only votes from the IPMC
    > members are considered binding, but other votes are welcome!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Felix
    >
    >
    > -
    > [1]
    > https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r72f0b7ddd3143179045653050de9b7de8508d8f8b8194bd73a53e704%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Re: [VOTE] Accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator

While not a vote against Sedona, I think it would be best to fix the mentor
list to only include IPMC members and allow those not on the IPMC to submit
proper requests to join the IPMC.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 11:49 PM Felix Cheung <[hidden email]>

> As we discussed the Sedona proposal [1], I would like to call for a vote to
> accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator.
>
> Sedona is a big geospatial data processing engine. The system provides an
> easy to use Scala, SQL, and Python APIs for spatial data scientists to
> manage, wrangle, and process geospatial data. The system extends and builds
> upon a popular cluster computing framework (Apache Spark) to provide
> scalability.
>
> The final proposal can be found at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Sedona+Proposal
>
> Please cast your vote:
>
>   [ ] +1, yes, bring Sedona into Incubator
>   [ ] 0, I don't care either way
>   [ ] -1, no, do not bring Sedona into Incubator, because...
>
> The vote will open for at least 72 hours and only votes from the IPMC
> members are considered binding, but other votes are welcome!
>
> Thanks,
> Felix
>

> -
> [1]
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r72f0b7ddd3143179045653050de9b7de8508d8f8b8194bd73a53e704%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Re: [VOTE] Accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator

Carl Steinbach
+1 (binding)

- Carl

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 11:41 AM John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> While not a vote against Sedona, I think it would be best to fix the mentor
> list to only include IPMC members and allow those not on the IPMC to submit
> proper requests to join the IPMC.
>
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 11:49 PM Felix Cheung <[hidden email]>

> > As we discussed the Sedona proposal [1], I would like to call for a vote
> > accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator.
> >
> > Sedona is a big geospatial data processing engine. The system provides an
> > easy to use Scala, SQL, and Python APIs for spatial data scientists to
> > manage, wrangle, and process geospatial data. The system extends and
> builds
> > upon a popular cluster computing framework (Apache Spark) to provide
> > scalability.
> >
> > The final proposal can be found at
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Sedona+Proposal
> >
> > Please cast your vote:
> >
> >   [ ] +1, yes, bring Sedona into Incubator
> >   [ ] 0, I don't care either way
> >   [ ] -1, no, do not bring Sedona into Incubator, because...
> >
> > The vote will open for at least 72 hours and only votes from the IPMC
> > members are considered binding, but other votes are welcome!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Felix
> >

> > -
> > [1]
> >

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r72f0b7ddd3143179045653050de9b7de8508d8f8b8194bd73a53e704%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Re: [VOTE] Accept Sedona into the Apache Incubator

HI,

> While not a vote against Sedona, I think it would be best to fix the mentor
> list to only include IPMC members and allow those not on the IPMC to submit
> proper requests to join the IPMC.

George Percivall is an ASF member so can ask to join the Incubator PMC.