Unomi mentors

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Unomi mentors

Justin Mclean
Hi,

Thanks Bertrand for filling in a note here [1] about you mentorship of Apache Unomi. Looking at the roster [2] that leaves the project with only one mentor. The other mentor may be overworked as they missed signing off several other podling reports. The podling looks to be nearing graduation do you think they can complete that with only one mentor?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oR2kymzDTLOy-P-QLYM1wlHFES6LG9X-V2SMgwohvR4/edit#gid=0 <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oR2kymzDTLOy-P-QLYM1wlHFES6LG9X-V2SMgwohvR4/edit#gid=0>
2. https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/unomi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unomi mentors

Steve Blackmon
Sidebar: I am interested in Unomi and willing to mentor, if the ppmc wants
to add me.

Steve Blackmon

On Sep 3, 2018 at 5:33 PM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:


Hi,

Thanks Bertrand for filling in a note here [1] about you mentorship of
Apache Unomi. Looking at the roster [2] that leaves the project with only
one mentor. The other mentor may be overworked as they missed signing off
several other podling reports. The podling looks to be nearing graduation
do you think they can complete that with only one mentor?

Thanks,
Justin

1.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oR2kymzDTLOy-P-QLYM1wlHFES6LG9X-V2SMgwohvR4/edit#gid=0
<
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oR2kymzDTLOy-P-QLYM1wlHFES6LG9X-V2SMgwohvR4/edit#gid=0
>
2. https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/unomi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unomi mentors

Justin Mclean
Hi,

> Sidebar: I am interested in Unomi and willing to mentor, if the ppmc wants to add me.

It may be one of the shortest mentor jobs in history for a podling (given they are considering graduating) but I would be +1 for an extra set of eyes.

Thanks,
Justin
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unomi mentors

Pierre Smits-2
Hi Justin,

I am interested in mentoring Unomi. Having mentored Trafodion during
incubation and my interest in the impact of GDPR will surely help.




Best regards,

Pierre Smits

Apache Trafodion <https://trafodion.apache.org>, Vice President
Apache Directory <https://directory.apache.org>, PMC Member
Apache Incubator <https://incubator.apache.org>, committer
*Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)
since 2008*
Apache Steve <https://steve.apache.org>, committer

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 3:24 AM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Sidebar: I am interested in Unomi and willing to mentor, if the ppmc
> wants to add me.
>
> It may be one of the shortest mentor jobs in history for a podling (given
> they are considering graduating) but I would be +1 for an extra set of eyes.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unomi mentors

Bertrand Delacretaz-3
In reply to this post by Justin Mclean
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 12:33 AM Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks Bertrand for filling in a note here [1] about you mentorship of Apache Unomi..
> The podling looks to be nearing graduation do you think they can complete that
> with only one mentor?...

I think that should work but if someone volunteers that's even better!

If that happens, my name should be removed from the roster for clarity.

-Bertrand

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unomi mentors

Justin Mclean-3
In reply to this post by Pierre Smits-2
Hi,

> I am interested in mentoring Unomi. Having mentored Trafodion during
> incubation and my interest in the impact of GDPR will surely help.

Thanks for your interest but only incubator PMC members can officially mentor projects.[1] Usually that means only ASF member can be mentors, a couple of people managed to get voted into the IPMC without being members but it’s uncommon. That of course doesn't stop you from helping out in other ways.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#mentors_must_be_on_the_ipmc
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unomi mentors

Serge Huber-2
Hello all,

Thanks for your help and interest in Apache Unomi. Yes, we are trying
to get to graduation as quickly as possible, I'm not sure if we need
another mentor but our next steps are to make sure we have everything
ready for graduation.

Regards,
  Serge...
On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 9:23 AM Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi,
>
> > I am interested in mentoring Unomi. Having mentored Trafodion during
> > incubation and my interest in the impact of GDPR will surely help.
>
> Thanks for your interest but only incubator PMC members can officially mentor projects.[1] Usually that means only ASF member can be mentors, a couple of people managed to get voted into the IPMC without being members but it’s uncommon. That of course doesn't stop you from helping out in other ways.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1. https://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#mentors_must_be_on_the_ipmc
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]