Retiring without participation from the PPMC

Retiring without participation from the PPMC

lewis john mcgibbney-2
Hi General@,
What does a podling mentor team do in a situation where a retirement VOTE
has been put to the podling community with no participation from the PPMC?
PPMC VOTE's are binding. Are podling mentors considered in this same
fashion?
What happens if there are no VOTE's from the PPMC on a retirement VOTE?
Thanks
Lewis

http://home.apache.org/~lewismc/
http://people.apache.org/keys/committer/lewismc

Re: Retiring without participation from the PPMC

Greg Stein-4
Nothing happens. There are no binding (PPMC) votes.

That said, if the PPMC doesn't even weigh in, then the podling probably
ought to be retired (due to lack of oversight/involvement). And that would
be the IPMC voting for the retirement.

Cheers,
-g

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 11:31 PM, lewis john mcgibbney <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi General@,
> What does a podling mentor team do in a situation where a retirement VOTE
> has been put to the podling community with no participation from the PPMC?
> PPMC VOTE's are binding. Are podling mentors considered in this same
> fashion?
> What happens if there are no VOTE's from the PPMC on a retirement VOTE?
> Thanks
> Lewis
>
> --
> http://home.apache.org/~lewismc/
> http://people.apache.org/keys/committer/lewismc

Re: Retiring without participation from the PPMC

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 12:31 AM lewis john mcgibbney <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi General@,
> What does a podling mentor team do in a situation where a retirement VOTE
> has been put to the podling community with no participation from the PPMC?
> PPMC VOTE's are binding. Are podling mentors considered in this same
> fashion?
> What happens if there are no VOTE's from the PPMC on a retirement VOTE?
> Thanks
> Lewis

Technically, the vote to retire a podling is a community vote.  Doesn't
mention PPMC, committers on the podling, etc [1].  The final decision on
retirement is the IPMC's call.  So I believe what you're doing presently is
correct, and it's OK if no PPMC members (though technically the mentors are
on the PPMC) vote.  It's probably a correct sign that retirement makes
sense.

One thing I get stuck on is when people do speak up, I tend to let it
linger too long.

[1]: https://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html