[Release request] Trinidad podling maven2 plugins

[Release request] Trinidad podling maven2 plugins

Matthias Wessendorf-4
The Trinidad community voted on and approved to release the the maven2
plugins as a milestone1 release. These plugins are required for the maven2
build of the "core" code of the Trinidad Podling. To fulfill the incubator
guides, we like to ask you guys, the Incubator PMC, for a permission to release
those maven plugins.

The vote has been tracked at [1], see it for the results.
(three binding +1 and one non-binding +1)

The plugins are documented at [2] and our release notes inculde
the bugs that have been addressed ([3]).

The plugins are available as source and bin inside the incubator
m2 repo (see [4]).

Thanks
Matthias

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-adffaces-dev/200608.mbox/ajax/%3c71235db40608242145x2ae24384vc6a8b71d9c8c0d40@...%3e
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/adffaces/plugins/index.html
[3] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/ADF_Faces/plugins_release_candidate_m1
[4] http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/myfaces/trinidadbuild/

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: [Release request] Trinidad podling maven2 plugins

robert burrell donkin-2
On 9/26/06, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Trinidad community voted on and approved to release the the maven2
> plugins as a milestone1 release. These plugins are required for the maven2
> build of the "core" code of the Trinidad Podling. To fulfill the incubator
> guides, we like to ask you guys, the Incubator PMC, for a permission to release
> those maven plugins.
>
> The vote has been tracked at [1], see it for the results.
> (three binding +1 and one non-binding +1)
>
> The plugins are documented at [2] and our release notes inculde
> the bugs that have been addressed ([3]).
>
> The plugins are available as source and bin inside the incubator
> m2 repo (see [4]).

+1

BTW strongly consider adding detached signatures. it helps to prevent
tampering. there's an easy script in committers which does this.

- robert

Re: [Release request] Trinidad podling maven2 plugins

Matthias Wessendorf-4
Robert, thanks for hooking in.

I am wondering if there are so big concerns by the rest of the Incubator PMC
that there is no vote here.

Thanks,
Matthias

On 9/26/06, robert burrell donkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 9/26/06, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > The Trinidad community voted on and approved to release the the maven2
> > plugins as a milestone1 release. These plugins are required for the maven2
> > build of the "core" code of the Trinidad Podling. To fulfill the incubator
> > guides, we like to ask you guys, the Incubator PMC, for a permission to release
> > those maven plugins.
> >
> > The vote has been tracked at [1], see it for the results.
> > (three binding +1 and one non-binding +1)
> >
> > The plugins are documented at [2] and our release notes inculde
> > the bugs that have been addressed ([3]).
> >
> > The plugins are available as source and bin inside the incubator
> > m2 repo (see [4]).
>
> +1
>
> BTW strongly consider adding detached signatures. it helps to prevent
> tampering. there's an easy script in committers which does this.
>
> - robert

Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: [Release request] Trinidad podling maven2 plugins

Martin van den Bemt
+1..

Mvgr,
Martin

On 9/28/06, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Robert, thanks for hooking in.
>
> I am wondering if there are so big concerns by the rest of the Incubator PMC
> that there is no vote here.

nope: it's safe to assume that a lack of noise indicates inertia

the only circumstance that i can think of that would require private
votes to be cast on a release is if a security issue arose at the last
minute but this should be handled on the appropriate private lists for
the project or podling involved.

unexpected members showing up and asking difficult questions would be
a much more likely sign that people had concerns...

- robert

Re: [Release request] Trinidad podling maven2 plugins

Matthias Wessendorf-4
+1 (non-binding)...

-Matthias

On 9/28/06, Martin van den Bemt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1..
>
> Mvgr,
> Martin
>
> Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> > The Trinidad community voted on and approved to release the the maven2
> > plugins as a milestone1 release. These plugins are required for the maven2
> > build of the "core" code of the Trinidad Podling. To fulfill the incubator
> > guides, we like to ask you guys, the Incubator PMC, for a permission to
> > release
> > those maven plugins.
> >
> > The vote has been tracked at [1], see it for the results.
> > (three binding +1 and one non-binding +1)
> >
> > The plugins are documented at [2] and our release notes inculde
> > the bugs that have been addressed ([3]).
> >
> > The plugins are available as source and bin inside the incubator
> > m2 repo (see [4]).
> >

> > Thanks
> > Matthias
> >

> > [1]
> > http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-adffaces-dev/200608.mbox/ajax/%3c71235db40608242145x2ae24384vc6a8b71d9c8c0d40@...%3e
> >
> > [2] http://incubator.apache.org/adffaces/plugins/index.html
> > [3] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/ADF_Faces/plugins_release_candidate_m1
> > [4]
> > http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/myfaces/trinidadbuild/

Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: [Release request] Trinidad podling maven2 plugins

craigmcc
+1 (binding) on the revised plugins that include the license and notice
files.

Craig

On 9/26/06, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Trinidad community voted on and approved to release the the maven2
> plugins as a milestone1 release. These plugins are required for the maven2
> build of the "core" code of the Trinidad Podling. To fulfill the incubator
> guides, we like to ask you guys, the Incubator PMC, for a permission to
> release
> those maven plugins.
>
> The vote has been tracked at [1], see it for the results.
> (three binding +1 and one non-binding +1)
>
> The plugins are documented at [2] and our release notes inculde
> the bugs that have been addressed ([3]).
>
> The plugins are available as source and bin inside the incubator
> m2 repo (see [4]).
>

> Thanks
> Matthias
>

> [1]
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-adffaces-dev/200608.mbox/ajax/%3c71235db40608242145x2ae24384vc6a8b71d9c8c0d40@...%3e
> [2] http://incubator.apache.org/adffaces/plugins/index.html
> [3] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/ADF_Faces/plugins_release_candidate_m1
> [4]
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/myfaces/trinidadbuild/
>

> --
> Matthias Wessendorf
> http://tinyurl.com/fmywh
>
> further stuff:
> mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: [Release request] Trinidad podling maven2 plugins

Matthias Wessendorf-4
To summarize there are three votes and that from Martin is not
binding, as far as I understand it.

Only Incubator PMC, right ? Or member is allowed to vote (binding) too?

Thanks,
Matthias

On 10/14/06, Craig McClanahan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (binding) on the revised plugins that include the license and notice
> files.
>
> Craig
>

> On 9/26/06, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > The Trinidad community voted on and approved to release the the maven2
> > plugins as a milestone1 release. These plugins are required for the maven2
> > build of the "core" code of the Trinidad Podling. To fulfill the incubator
> > guides, we like to ask you guys, the Incubator PMC, for a permission to
> > release
> > those maven plugins.
> >
> > The vote has been tracked at [1], see it for the results.
> > (three binding +1 and one non-binding +1)
> >
> > The plugins are documented at [2] and our release notes inculde
> > the bugs that have been addressed ([3]).
> >
> > The plugins are available as source and bin inside the incubator
> > m2 repo (see [4]).
> >

> > Thanks
> > Matthias
> >

> > [1]
> > http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-adffaces-dev/200608.mbox/ajax/%3c71235db40608242145x2ae24384vc6a8b71d9c8c0d40@...%3e
> > [2] http://incubator.apache.org/adffaces/plugins/index.html
> > [3] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/ADF_Faces/plugins_release_candidate_m1
> > [4]
> > http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/myfaces/trinidadbuild/
> >

> > --
> > Matthias Wessendorf
> > http://tinyurl.com/fmywh
> >
> > further stuff:
> > mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: [Release request] Trinidad podling maven2 plugins

Martin van den Bemt
You need to be part of the incubator PMC to have a binding vote. Every member can request to do so
(which I did), but still waiting for the approval..

Mvgr,
Martin

Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

> To summarize there are three votes and that from Martin is not
> binding, as far as I understand it.
>
> Only Incubator PMC, right ? Or member is allowed to vote (binding) too?
>
> Thanks,
> Matthias
>
> On 10/14/06, Craig McClanahan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> +1 (binding) on the revised plugins that include the license and notice
>> files.
>>
>> Craig
>>

>> On 9/26/06, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > The Trinidad community voted on and approved to release the the maven2
>> > plugins as a milestone1 release. These plugins are required for the
>> maven2
>> > build of the "core" code of the Trinidad Podling. To fulfill the
>> incubator
>> > guides, we like to ask you guys, the Incubator PMC, for a permission to
>> > release
>> > those maven plugins.
>> >
>> > The vote has been tracked at [1], see it for the results.
>> > (three binding +1 and one non-binding +1)
>> >
>> > The plugins are documented at [2] and our release notes inculde
>> > the bugs that have been addressed ([3]).
>> >
>> > The plugins are available as source and bin inside the incubator
>> > m2 repo (see [4]).
>> >

>> > Thanks
>> > Matthias
>> >

>> > [1]
>> >
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-adffaces-dev/200608.mbox/ajax/%3c71235db40608242145x2ae24384vc6a8b71d9c8c0d40@...%3e
>>
>> > [2] http://incubator.apache.org/adffaces/plugins/index.html
>> > [3]
>> http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/ADF_Faces/plugins_release_candidate_m1
>> > [4]
>> >
>> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/myfaces/trinidadbuild/
>>

>> > --
>> > Matthias Wessendorf
>> > http://tinyurl.com/fmywh
>> >
>> > further stuff:
>> > blog: http://jroller.com/page/mwessendorf
>> > mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: [Release request] Trinidad podling maven2 plugins

Matthias Wessendorf-4
Ok, I see.

you do you have to *revote* again?
or is your "old" vote a binding vote than?

On 10/16/06, Martin van den Bemt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You need to be part of the incubator PMC to have a binding vote. Every member can request to do so
> (which I did), but still waiting for the approval..
>
> Mvgr,
> Martin
>
> Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> > To summarize there are three votes and that from Martin is not
> > binding, as far as I understand it.
> >
> > Only Incubator PMC, right ? Or member is allowed to vote (binding) too?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Matthias
> >
> > On 10/14/06, Craig McClanahan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> +1 (binding) on the revised plugins that include the license and notice
> >> files.
> >>
> >> Craig

> >> maven2
> >> incubator

> >> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-adffaces-dev/200608.mbox/ajax/%3c71235db40608242145x2ae24384vc6a8b71d9c8c0d40@...%3e

> >> http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/ADF_Faces/plugins_release_candidate_m1
> >> >
> >> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/myfaces/trinidadbuild/

Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: [Release request] Trinidad podling maven2 plugins

Martin van den Bemt
Don't think I need to revote when I am added to the incubator PMC (which will take 72 hours after
the board acknowledges my addition).
So if you want to release earlier than that, find another binding +1..

Mvgr,
Martin

Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

> Ok, I see.
>
> you do you have to *revote* again?
> or is your "old" vote a binding vote than?
>
> On 10/16/06, Martin van den Bemt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> You need to be part of the incubator PMC to have a binding vote. Every
>> member can request to do so
>> (which I did), but still waiting for the approval..
>>
>> Mvgr,
>> Martin
>>
>> Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>> > To summarize there are three votes and that from Martin is not
>> > binding, as far as I understand it.
>> >
>> > Only Incubator PMC, right ? Or member is allowed to vote (binding) too?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Matthias

>> notice

>> maven2
>> permission to

>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-adffaces-dev/200608.mbox/ajax/%3c71235db40608242145x2ae24384vc6a8b71d9c8c0d40@...%3e

>> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/myfaces/trinidadbuild/

Re: [Release request] Trinidad podling maven2 plugins

Matthias Wessendorf-4
that's fine.

just curious