[RESULT] -- [Vote] accept UIMA as a podling - #2

[RESULT] -- [Vote] accept UIMA as a podling - #2

Ian Holsman-3
I hope I get this part of process correct.

a reference to the results of the vote (so as to provide an audit
trail for the records)

Vote Tally:
3 binding votes (all +1)
5 non binding votes (all +1)

a reference to the Candidate's proposal can be found here: http://
wiki.apache.org/incubator/UimaProposal

the Mentors, nominated by the Sponsor, who will guide the Candidate
through the Incubation Process:
- Sam Ruby
- Ken Coar
- Ian Holsman

At least one nominated Mentor MUST be a member of the Apache Software
Foundation: (met)

Incubator PMC please ACK.

--
Ian Holsman
[hidden email]

Re: [RESULT] -- [Vote] accept UIMA as a podling - #2

Mads Toftum
On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 12:09:24PM +1000, Ian Holsman wrote:
> I hope I get this part of process correct.
>
> a reference to the results of the vote (so as to provide an audit
> trail for the records)
>
> Vote Tally:
> 3 binding votes (all +1)
> 5 non binding votes (all +1)

Could you please list who the binding votes were? that seems to be
common practice around here. With such a slim vote, I think it even more
important to get the names listed.

> the Mentors, nominated by the Sponsor, who will guide the Candidate
> through the Incubation Process:
> - Sam Ruby
> - Ken Coar
> - Ian Holsman

I don't remember seeing Ken or Sam voting or in any other way
participating - are they even aware that they're listed as mentors?

vh

Mads Toftum
--
http://soulfood.dk

On 03/10/2006, at 7:32 PM, Mads Toftum wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 12:09:24PM +1000, Ian Holsman wrote:
>> I hope I get this part of process correct.
>>
>> a reference to the results of the vote (so as to provide an audit
>> trail for the records)
>>
>> Vote Tally:
>> 3 binding votes (all +1)
>> 5 non binding votes (all +1)
>>
> Could you please list who the binding votes were? that seems to be
> common practice around here. With such a slim vote, I think it even
> more
> important to get the names listed.

Binding Votes:
Sam Ruby
Justin Erenkrantz
Robert Burrell Donkin

>> the Mentors, nominated by the Sponsor, who will guide the Candidate
>> through the Incubation Process:
>> - Sam Ruby
>> - Ken Coar
>> - Ian Holsman
>>
> I don't remember seeing Ken or Sam voting or in any other way
> participating - are they even aware that they're listed as mentors?
>
> vh
>
> Mads Toftum
> --
> http://soulfood.dk

Ian Holsman
[hidden email]
http://peopleintopoker.com/ -- where the poker people go

Re: [RESULT] -- [Vote] accept UIMA as a podling - #2

Erik Hatcher
I didn't specify as such with my vote, but I believe my +1 was
binding as well.

        Erik

On Oct 3, 2006, at 7:19 AM, Ian Holsman wrote:

> On 03/10/2006, at 7:32 PM, Mads Toftum wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 12:09:24PM +1000, Ian Holsman wrote:
>>> I hope I get this part of process correct.
>>>
>>> a reference to the results of the vote (so as to provide an audit
>>> trail for the records)
>>>
>>> Vote Tally:
>>> 3 binding votes (all +1)
>>> 5 non binding votes (all +1)
>>>
>> Could you please list who the binding votes were? that seems to be
>> common practice around here. With such a slim vote, I think it
>> even more
>> important to get the names listed.
>>
> Binding Votes:
> Sam Ruby
> Justin Erenkrantz
> Robert Burrell Donkin
>
>>> the Mentors, nominated by the Sponsor, who will guide the Candidate
>>> through the Incubation Process:
>>> - Sam Ruby
>>> - Ken Coar
>>> - Ian Holsman
>>>
>> I don't remember seeing Ken or Sam voting or in any other way
>> participating - are they even aware that they're listed as mentors?
>>
>> vh
>>
>> Mads Toftum
>> --
>> http://soulfood.dk

> Ian Holsman
> [hidden email]
> http://peopleintopoker.com/ -- where the poker people go

Re: [RESULT] -- [Vote] accept UIMA as a podling - #2

Ian Holsman
Cool.
and Ken's makes 5 binding votes.
On 03/10/2006, at 10:18 PM, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> I didn't specify as such with my vote, but I believe my +1 was
> binding as well.
>
> Erik
>

> On Oct 3, 2006, at 7:19 AM, Ian Holsman wrote:

>>> Could you please list who the binding votes were? that seems to be
>>> common practice around here. With such a slim vote, I think it
>>> even more
>>> important to get the names listed.
>>>
>> Binding Votes:
>> Sam Ruby
>> Justin Erenkrantz
>> Robert Burrell Donkin

>>> I don't remember seeing Ken or Sam voting or in any other way
>>> participating - are they even aware that they're listed as mentors?
>>>
>>> vh
>>>
>>> Mads Toftum
>>> --
>>> http://soulfood.dk

>> --
>> Ian Holsman
>> [hidden email]
>> http://peopleintopoker.com/ -- where the poker people go

Ian Holsman
[hidden email]
http://garden-gossip.com/ -- what's in your garden?

RE: [RESULT] -- [Vote] accept UIMA as a podling - #2

Noel J. Bergman
I still have a concern about the notification requirement on the OASIS IP
FAQ, but that can be resolved during Incubation.

And, yes, we've seen the vote result.  :-)

        --- Noel

Re: [RESULT] -- [Vote] accept UIMA as a podling - #2

Otis Gospodnetic
As is mine, I believe.

Otis