[RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Apache MADlib podling

[RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Apache MADlib podling

FENG, Xixuan (Aaron)
With 5 +1 binding votes, 2 +1 non-bidning votes and 0 votes
of any other kind this vote PASSES. Thanks to everyone who
voted. The voting tally can be seen below:

+1 binding:
    John D. Ament
    Jim Jagielski
    P. Taylor Goetz
    Roman Shaposhnik
    Konstantin Boudnik

+1 non-binding:
    Pierre Smits
    Gregory Chase

Thanks!

--
FENG, Xixuan (Aaron)

Recruit Institute of Technology
http://www.recruit.ai/

Recruit Holdings
http://www.recruit-rgf.com/

Tel. +81-70-1402-6921 <+81%2070-1402-6921>
http://www.recruit.ai/aaron-feng

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Gregory Chase <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > Thanks to all Mentors and Apache MADlib Project members for their
> > > support and contributions.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Aaron.
> > >
> > > Resolution:
> > >
> > > Establish the Apache MADlib Project
> > >
> > > WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
> > > interests of the Foundation and consistent with the
> > > Foundation's purpose to establish a Project Management
> > > Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of
> > > open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the
> > > public, related to a scalable, Big Data, SQL-driven machine
> > > learning framework for Data Scientists.
> > >
> > > NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
> > > Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache MADlib Project",
> > > be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
> > > Foundation; and be it further
> > >
> > > RESOLVED, that the Apache MADlib Project be and hereby is
> > > responsible for the creation and maintenance of software
> > > related to a scalable, Big Data, SQL-driven machine
> > > learning framework for Data Scientists.
> > >
> > > RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache MADlib" be
> > > and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
> > > serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
> > > of the Apache MADlib Project, and to have primary responsibility
> > > for management of the projects within the scope of
> > > responsibility of the Apache MADlib Project; and be it further
> > >
> > > RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
> > > hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of the
> > > Apache MADlib Project:
> > >
> > > Sarah Aerni <[hidden email]>
> > > Greg Chase <[hidden email]>
> > > Aaron Feng <[hidden email]>
> > > Rahul Iyer <[hidden email]>
> > > Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]>
> > > Nandish Jayaram <[hidden email]>
> > > Anirudh Kondaveeti <[hidden email]>
> > > Orhan Kışlal <[hidden email]>
> > > Frank McQuillan <[hidden email]>
> > > Srivatsan R <[hidden email]>
> > > Rashmi Raghu <[hidden email]>
> > > Roman Shaposhnik <[hidden email]>
> > > Atri Sharma <[hidden email]>
> > >
> > > NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Aaron Feng
> > > be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache MADlib, to
> > > serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> > > Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> > > death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> > > or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
> > >
> > > RESOLVED, that the initial Apache MADlib PMC be and hereby is
> > > tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> > > encourage open development and increased participation in the
> > > Apache MADlib Project; and be it further
> > >
> > > RESOLVED, that the Apache MADlib Project be and hereby
> > > is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> > > Incubator MADlib podling; and be it further
> > >
> > > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> > > Incubator MADlib podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Apache MADlib podling

Roman Shaposhnik
Super awesome news! Major milestone for the MADlib community!

With my mentor hat on, I'll start driving the rest of the graduation
process soon:
    http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#process

Stay tuned!

Thanks,
Roman.

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 7:39 PM, FENG, Xixuan (Aaron)
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> With 5 +1 binding votes, 2 +1 non-bidning votes and 0 votes
> of any other kind this vote PASSES. Thanks to everyone who
> voted. The voting tally can be seen below:
>
> +1 binding:
>     John D. Ament
>     Jim Jagielski
>     P. Taylor Goetz
>     Roman Shaposhnik
>     Konstantin Boudnik
>
> +1 non-binding:
>     Pierre Smits
>     Gregory Chase
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> FENG, Xixuan (Aaron)
>
> Recruit Institute of Technology
> http://www.recruit.ai/
>
> Recruit Holdings
> http://www.recruit-rgf.com/
>
> Tel. +81-70-1402-6921 <+81%2070-1402-6921>
> http://www.recruit.ai/aaron-feng
>

> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Gregory Chase <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> +1 (loiterer)
>>
>> On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 6:09 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > +1 [binding]

>> found
>> f1ec6e41

>> --
>> Greg Chase
>>
>> Product team
>> http://www.pivotal.io/big-data
>>
>> Pivotal Software
>> http://www.pivotal.io/
>>
>> 650-215-0477
>> @GregChase
>> Blog: http://geekmarketing.biz/

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Apache MADlib podling

William Markito Oliveira-2
Congratulations MADlib!!  Great news indeed!

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 10:23 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Super awesome news! Major milestone for the MADlib community!
>
> With my mentor hat on, I'll start driving the rest of the graduation
> process soon:
>     http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#process
>
> Stay tuned!
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
>
> On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 7:39 PM, FENG, Xixuan (Aaron)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > With 5 +1 binding votes, 2 +1 non-bidning votes and 0 votes
> > of any other kind this vote PASSES. Thanks to everyone who
> > voted. The voting tally can be seen below:
> >
> > +1 binding:
> >     John D. Ament
> >     Jim Jagielski
> >     P. Taylor Goetz
> >     Roman Shaposhnik
> >     Konstantin Boudnik
> >
> > +1 non-binding:
> >     Pierre Smits
> >     Gregory Chase
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --
> > FENG, Xixuan (Aaron)
> >
> > Recruit Institute of Technology
> > http://www.recruit.ai/
> >
> > Recruit Holdings
> > http://www.recruit-rgf.com/
> >
> > Tel. +81-70-1402-6921 <+81%2070-1402-6921>
> > http://www.recruit.ai/aaron-feng
> >

> > On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Gregory Chase <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> +1 (loiterer)

> >> found
> >> f1ec6e41

> provide

> >> --
> >> Greg Chase
> >>
> >> Product team
> >> http://www.pivotal.io/big-data
> >>
> >> Pivotal Software
> >> http://www.pivotal.io/
> >>
> >> 650-215-0477
> >> @GregChase
> >> Blog: http://geekmarketing.biz/

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Apache MADlib podling

Trevor Grant
w00t w00t! great job!

Trevor Grant
Data Scientist
https://github.com/rawkintrevo
http://stackexchange.com/users/3002022/rawkintrevo
http://trevorgrant.org

*"Fortunate is he, who is able to know the causes of things."  -Virgil*

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 10:25 PM, William Markito Oliveira <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations MADlib!!  Great news indeed!
>
> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 10:23 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Super awesome news! Major milestone for the MADlib community!
> >
> > With my mentor hat on, I'll start driving the rest of the graduation
> > process soon:
> >     http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#process
> >
> > Stay tuned!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Roman.
> >
> > On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 7:39 PM, FENG, Xixuan (Aaron)
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > With 5 +1 binding votes, 2 +1 non-bidning votes and 0 votes
> > > of any other kind this vote PASSES. Thanks to everyone who
> > > voted. The voting tally can be seen below:
> > >
> > > +1 binding:
> > >     John D. Ament
> > >     Jim Jagielski
> > >     P. Taylor Goetz
> > >     Roman Shaposhnik
> > >     Konstantin Boudnik
> > >
> > > +1 non-binding:
> > >     Pierre Smits
> > >     Gregory Chase
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > --
> > > FENG, Xixuan (Aaron)
> > >
> > > Recruit Institute of Technology
> > > http://www.recruit.ai/
> > >
> > > Recruit Holdings
> > > http://www.recruit-rgf.com/
> > >
> > > Tel. +81-70-1402-6921 <+81%2070-1402-6921>
> > > http://www.recruit.ai/aaron-feng

> Incubator.

> > provide

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Apache MADlib podling

Pierre Smits
Congratulations on reaching this milestone.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 5:30 AM, Trevor Grant <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> w00t w00t! great job!
>
> Trevor Grant
> Data Scientist
> https://github.com/rawkintrevo
> http://stackexchange.com/users/3002022/rawkintrevo
> http://trevorgrant.org
>
> *"Fortunate is he, who is able to know the causes of things."  -Virgil*
>

> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 10:25 PM, William Markito Oliveira <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Congratulations MADlib!!  Great news indeed!
> >
> > On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 10:23 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Super awesome news! Major milestone for the MADlib community!
> > >
> > > With my mentor hat on, I'll start driving the rest of the graduation
> > > process soon:
> > >     http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#process
> > >
> > > Stay tuned!
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Roman.

> > Incubator.
> be

> > > provide

> their

> org

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Apache MADlib podling

Please don't forget to get this resolution up on the board's agenda.

John

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 11:59 AM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please don't forget to get this resolution up on the board's agenda.

Thanks for the reminder. This is for me to do over the weekend.

Thanks,
Roman.