RE: Guidance needed ( Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 )

RE: Guidance needed ( Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 )

Sandhya Sundaresan
Hello again,

The Trafodion podling needs some help and guidance from the IPMC on moving forward with its current release (Trafodion R2.1).  A Vote has been pending since April 17th.  I've been following the other thread on the "Incubator Governance Change" as well and the last message from Roman about hollering on this list  if we aren't getting the mentorship needed.

So the situation now  is that of 3 mentors for the Trafodion project, 2 have been inactive. Our third is on vacation and has been occupied/busy with other stuff. He has been helpful with the past releases. We are pursuing a search for new mentors  on the side.

But for this immediate release, we are in the tail end of the voting process and lacking one IPMC vote. I understand it does not have to be a mentor necessarily (although preferable).

We have the following  votes from :

Jean-Baptiste Onofré (binding)
John D Ament (binding)
Ivam Firestone

Original full thread
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8eca13e52620d16c3f974bc5054d59af29fa98d30763d646829a3850@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Seeking the advice and help  of the experts here on the best way forward for the  release  at this point. Looks like the mentor search or governance change( if any) may take a while. Maintaining the master branch as well as the current release branch is expensive. There's are some prospects  awaiting the 2.1 release which contains several features and 300+ bugfixes.

We hope to be able to speed this up and move forward with some help from the community .

Thank you !
Sandhya

Re: Guidance needed ( Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 )

P. Taylor Goetz
Hi Sandhya,

I’ll review your rc now and will respond today.

In the meantime I would suggest asking on general@ to see if anyone is available to help mentor Trafodion (which you mostly have here). You may also want to privately touch base privately with inactive mentors to see if the wish to continue in that role.

-Taylor

> On Apr 27, 2017, at 2:24 PM, Sandhya Sundaresan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello again,
>
> The Trafodion podling needs some help and guidance from the IPMC on moving forward with its current release (Trafodion R2.1).  A Vote has been pending since April 17th.  I've been following the other thread on the "Incubator Governance Change" as well and the last message from Roman about hollering on this list  if we aren't getting the mentorship needed.
>
> So the situation now  is that of 3 mentors for the Trafodion project, 2 have been inactive. Our third is on vacation and has been occupied/busy with other stuff. He has been helpful with the past releases. We are pursuing a search for new mentors  on the side.
>
> But for this immediate release, we are in the tail end of the voting process and lacking one IPMC vote. I understand it does not have to be a mentor necessarily (although preferable).
>
> We have the following  votes from :
>
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré (binding)
> John D Ament (binding)
> Ivam Firestone
>
> Original full thread
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8eca13e52620d16c3f974bc5054d59af29fa98d30763d646829a3850@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
>

> Seeking the advice and help  of the experts here on the best way forward for the  release  at this point. Looks like the mentor search or governance change( if any) may take a while. Maintaining the master branch as well as the current release branch is expensive. There's are some prospects  awaiting the 2.1 release which contains several features and 300+ bugfixes.
>
> We hope to be able to speed this up and move forward with some help from the community .
>
> Thank you !
> Sandhya

Pierre Smits
Well said, Sandhya,

Looking forward to seeing that 1 need vote cast.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services