RAT

Noel J. Bergman
Robert,

Is this something you would bring over to the ASF, and which we can start
promoting around the ASF to use?

        --- Noel

Re: RAT

Geir Magnusson Jr.-3
Into the incubator, of course ;)

geir

Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Robert,
>
> Is this something you would bring over to the ASF, and which we can start
> promoting around the ASF to use?
>
> --- Noel

Re: RAT

Yoav Shapira-2
Or the Labs! ;)

<runs away laughing />

Yoav

On 10/19/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Into the incubator, of course ;)
>
> geir
>
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > Robert,
> >
> > Is this something you would bring over to the ASF, and which we can start
> > promoting around the ASF to use?
> >
> >       --- Noel

Re: RAT

Justin Erenkrantz
On 10/19/06, Noel J. Bergman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is this something you would bring over to the ASF, and which we can start
> promoting around the ASF to use?

To be honest, I don't believe it's a good fit.  Not every project
needs to be here...  -- justin

Re: RAT

Geir Magnusson Jr.-3
I just wanted to run RAT on RAT ;)

geir

Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On 10/19/06, Noel J. Bergman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is this something you would bring over to the ASF, and which we can start
>> promoting around the ASF to use?
>
> To be honest, I don't believe it's a good fit.  Not every project
> needs to be here...  -- justin

Re: RAT

robert burrell donkin-2
On 10/20/06, Justin Erenkrantz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 10/19/06, Noel J. Bergman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Is this something you would bring over to the ASF, and which we can start
> > promoting around the ASF to use?
>
> To be honest, I don't believe it's a good fit.  Not every project
> needs to be here...

it's a micro-application. so probably not a good match for the ASF.
(david reid has some very cool stuff that's similar. ) so far, google
has been rock solid and fast :-)

if any apache folks ever want karma then i'd be happy to grant it
without ceremony

- robert

Re: RAT

David Reid-3
robert burrell donkin wrote:

> On 10/20/06, Justin Erenkrantz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 10/19/06, Noel J. Bergman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Is this something you would bring over to the ASF, and which we can
>> start
>> > promoting around the ASF to use?
>>
>> To be honest, I don't believe it's a good fit.  Not every project
>> needs to be here...
>
> it's a micro-application. so probably not a good match for the ASF.
> (david reid has some very cool stuff that's similar. ) so far, google
> has been rock solid and fast :-)

Thanks Robert. Forgive my ignorance but what is RAT?

I've just started using Google and can attest that it's fine once you
jump through the daft hoops. They really need to get some consistency in
their UI for the registration process...

BTW, has anyone looked at the files I committed while at AC US?

> if any apache folks ever want karma then i'd be happy to grant it
> without ceremony
>
> - robert

david

http://feathercast.org/

Re: RAT

Rahul Akolkar
On 10/20/06, david reid <[hidden email]> wrote:

> robert burrell donkin wrote:
> >> start
> >>
> >> To be honest, I don't believe it's a good fit.  Not every project
> >> needs to be here...
> >
> > it's a micro-application. so probably not a good match for the ASF.
> > (david reid has some very cool stuff that's similar. ) so far, google
> > has been rock solid and fast :-)
>
> Thanks Robert. Forgive my ignorance but what is RAT?

<snip/>

One [1] of the things that can help ratify (a release).

-Rahul

[1] http://code.google.com/p/arat/ by rdonkin

> I've just started using Google and can attest that it's fine once you
> jump through the daft hoops. They really need to get some consistency in
> their UI for the registration process...
>
> BTW, has anyone looked at the files I committed while at AC US?
>

> > if any apache folks ever want karma then i'd be happy to grant it
> > without ceremony
> >
> > - robert

<snap/>

Missing moderation

Noel J. Bergman
david reid wrote:

> BTW, has anyone looked at the files I committed while at AC US?

I was wondering where the commit notices were.

I just found that no one was moderating the commit list.  <<sigh>>  I've
fixed that, and moderated through what was pending.  Your commit notices
(and who knows how many others) were lost.

        --- Noel

Re: RAT

robert burrell donkin-2
On 10/20/06, david reid <[hidden email]> wrote:

> robert burrell donkin wrote:
> >> start
> >>
> >> To be honest, I don't believe it's a good fit.  Not every project
> >> needs to be here...
> >
> > it's a micro-application. so probably not a good match for the ASF.
> > (david reid has some very cool stuff that's similar. ) so far, google
> > has been rock solid and fast :-)
>
> Thanks Robert. Forgive my ignorance but what is RAT?

oops (i had a horrible realization that i'd butchered that particular
paragraph yesterday on a train without internet access). i should have
said that you have some cool micro-applications relevent to apache but
which don't seem to be a good fit for apache ATM...

> I've just started using Google and can attest that it's fine once you
> jump through the daft hoops. They really need to get some consistency in
> their UI for the registration process...

yep

perhaps it's inspired by the apache incubator ;-)

- robert

Re: RAT

David Reid-3
robert burrell donkin wrote:

> On 10/20/06, david reid <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> robert burrell donkin wrote:

>> > it's a micro-application. so probably not a good match for the ASF.
>> > (david reid has some very cool stuff that's similar. ) so far, google
>> > has been rock solid and fast :-)
>>
>> Thanks Robert. Forgive my ignorance but what is RAT?
>
> oops (i had a horrible realization that i'd butchered that particular
> paragraph yesterday on a train without internet access). i should have
> said that you have some cool micro-applications relevent to apache but
> which don't seem to be a good fit for apache ATM...

Right. That's been my view as well. Sadly I've not seen anything to
change that, even with the labs proposal...

>> I've just started using Google and can attest that it's fine once you
>> jump through the daft hoops. They really need to get some consistency in
>> their UI for the registration process...
>
> yep
>
> perhaps it's inspired by the apache incubator ;-)

Nah, compared with the incubator it's a walk in the park :-)

RAT looks quite cool though,

--
david

http://feathercast.org/