NOTICE required for PPMC members

Just a reminder that podlings MUST give notice to the IPMC and wait at least 72 hours before any adding anyone to their PPMC as per [1]. (For PMC the board need to be notified [2]). That includes podlings where committers === PPMC.

If anyone thinks differently please speak up.

1. https://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#voting_in_a_new_ppmc_member
2. https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/PMC_Membership_Change_Process.html

Re: NOTICE required for PPMC members

Craig Russell-3
Just a clarification; this process is for PPMC members voted by the PPMC. It does not apply to initial committers/PPMC members named in the PodlingProposal.

Craig

> On Nov 23, 2018, at 12:40 AM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Just a reminder that podlings MUST give notice to the IPMC and wait at least 72 hours before any adding anyone to their PPMC as per [1]. (For PMC the board need to be notified [2]). That includes podlings where committers === PPMC.
>
> If anyone thinks differently please speak up.

> 1. https://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#voting_in_a_new_ppmc_member
> 2. https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/PMC_Membership_Change_Process.html

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> http://db.apache.org/jdo <http://db.apache.org/jdo>

Re: NOTICE required for PPMC members

Justin Mclean
HI,

> It does not apply to initial committers/PPMC members named in the PodlingProposal.

Yep that’s my understanding as well.

Re: NOTICE required for PPMC members

Serge Huber-2
Just so I'm very clear, as initial committers are PPMC members
according to [1] this means that no NOTICE needs to be sent right and
initial committers are automatically full-fledged PPMC members.

The text reads: "The Podling Project Management Committee (PPMC) helps
a Podling learn how to govern itself. It works like a PMC but reports
to the Incubator PMC instead of to the ASF Board. Initially, it is
composed of the Podling’s mentors and initial committers."

If this is correct this means we do have all the PPMC members we need
to graduate the Apache Unomi project. I misunderstood that somehow we
should have had notices for the initial committers as well.

Regards,
  Serge...

[1] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#podling_project_management_committee_ppmc
On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 7:04 AM Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> HI,
>
> > It does not apply to initial committers/PPMC members named in the PodlingProposal.
>
> Yep that’s my understanding as well.

Re: NOTICE required for PPMC members

Bertrand Delacretaz
Hi Serge,

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 4:33 PM Serge Huber <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...If this is correct this means we do have all the PPMC members we need
> to graduate the Apache Unomi project....

It is correct that you do not need IPMC notifications to make initial
committers members of the PPMC.

-Bertrand