[NOTICE] Community Vote for Apache Atlas Graduation to TLP

[NOTICE] Community Vote for Apache Atlas Graduation to TLP

Suma Shivaprasad-2
Dear Incubator members,

Please note that the community vote for graduating Apache Atlas to TLP has
commenced and has so far received a very positive response from the Atlas
community. You can find the vote thread at https://s.apache.org/94xI.

Thanks
Suma

Re: [NOTICE] Community Vote for Apache Atlas Graduation to TLP

John D. Ament-2
Hi Suma,

Thanks for the heads up.  There is actually no requirement for the podling
community to vote on graduation, but its a good sign.

I'm a little concerned, can you double check your status file at [1] ?
Most of the items are marked N/A which is weird, most of these should
actually have dates.

In addition, can you provide a list of committers you have added since
starting at Apache?  The podling status report shows none, but it may be
that your status file is not up to date.

[1]: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/atlas.html

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 8:33 PM Suma Shivaprasad <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Incubator members,
>
> Please note that the community vote for graduating Apache Atlas to TLP has
> commenced and has so far received a very positive response from the Atlas
> community. You can find the vote thread at https://s.apache.org/94xI.
>
> Thanks
> Suma

Re: [NOTICE] Community Vote for Apache Atlas Graduation to TLP

Sam Ruby
On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 8:45 PM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Suma,
>
> Thanks for the heads up.  There is actually no requirement for the podling
> community to vote on graduation, but its a good sign.
>
> I'm a little concerned, can you double check your status file at [1] ?
> Most of the items are marked N/A which is weird, most of these should
> actually have dates.
>
> In addition, can you provide a list of committers you have added since
> starting at Apache?  The podling status report shows none, but it may be
> that your status file is not up to date.
>
> [1]: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/atlas.html

Looking at that page, I note a number of problems with the ids listed there:

bad id       name                correct id?
===========  =================== =============
aahn         Andrew Ahn          aa
dkaspar      David Kaspar        ?
ilasek       Ivo Lasek           ?
chyzer       Chris Hyzer         tjbchris
james        James Vollmer       ?
adossett     Aaron Dossett       dossett
mschussler   Mitch Schussler     mitchschussler
VAvasarala   Viswanath Avasarala ?
AVarma       Anil Varma          ?
ssuresh      Suresh Srinivas     suresh
vranganathan Venkat Ranganathan  venkatrangan

It would be helpful if one of the mentors went through and updated the PPMC
roster:

https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/atlas

One of the things I would like to work on is adding a button to that page
that will draft and post a establish PMC resolution to the board agenda.

- Sam Ruby

> On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 8:33 PM Suma Shivaprasad <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>> Dear Incubator members,
>>
>> Please note that the community vote for graduating Apache Atlas to TLP
has
>> commenced and has so far received a very positive response from the Atlas
>> community. You can find the vote thread at https://s.apache.org/94xI.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Suma

Re: [NOTICE] Community Vote for Apache Atlas Graduation to TLP

Hemanth Yamijala
Sam / John,

Thank you for your responses. Given the extended holiday in US, we
request some time to respond back to your queries.

Thanks
hemanth

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Sam Ruby <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 8:45 PM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Hi Suma,
>>
>> Thanks for the heads up.  There is actually no requirement for the podling
>> community to vote on graduation, but its a good sign.
>>
>> I'm a little concerned, can you double check your status file at [1] ?
>> Most of the items are marked N/A which is weird, most of these should
>> actually have dates.
>>
>> In addition, can you provide a list of committers you have added since
>> starting at Apache?  The podling status report shows none, but it may be
>> that your status file is not up to date.
>>
>> [1]: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/atlas.html
>
> Looking at that page, I note a number of problems with the ids listed there:
>
> bad id       name                correct id?
> ===========  =================== =============
> aahn         Andrew Ahn          aa
> dkaspar      David Kaspar        ?
> ilasek       Ivo Lasek           ?
> chyzer       Chris Hyzer         tjbchris
> james        James Vollmer       ?
> adossett     Aaron Dossett       dossett
> mschussler   Mitch Schussler     mitchschussler
> VAvasarala   Viswanath Avasarala ?
> AVarma       Anil Varma          ?
> ssuresh      Suresh Srinivas     suresh
> vranganathan Venkat Ranganathan  venkatrangan
>
> It would be helpful if one of the mentors went through and updated the PPMC
> roster:
>
> https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/atlas
>
> One of the things I would like to work on is adding a button to that page
> that will draft and post a establish PMC resolution to the board agenda.
>
> - Sam Ruby
>

>> On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 8:33 PM Suma Shivaprasad <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Incubator members,
>>>
>>> Please note that the community vote for graduating Apache Atlas to TLP
> has
>>> commenced and has so far received a very positive response from the Atlas
>>> community. You can find the vote thread at https://s.apache.org/94xI.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Suma

Re: [NOTICE] Community Vote for Apache Atlas Graduation to TLP

Suma Shivaprasad
Hi John/Sam,

Thanks for your response. Will rectify the identified issues on [1] and get
back on this thread once done.

Thanks
Suma

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 9:30 AM, Hemanth Yamijala <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Sam / John,
>
> Thank you for your responses. Given the extended holiday in US, we
> request some time to respond back to your queries.
>
> Thanks
> hemanth
>

> On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Sam Ruby <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 8:45 PM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >> Hi Suma,
> >>
> >> Thanks for the heads up.  There is actually no requirement for the
> podling
> >> community to vote on graduation, but its a good sign.
> >>
> >> I'm a little concerned, can you double check your status file at [1] ?
> >> Most of the items are marked N/A which is weird, most of these should
> >> actually have dates.
> >>
> >> In addition, can you provide a list of committers you have added since
> >> starting at Apache?  The podling status report shows none, but it may be
> >> that your status file is not up to date.
> >>
> >> [1]: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/atlas.html
> >
> > Looking at that page, I note a number of problems with the ids listed
> there:
> >
> > bad id       name                correct id?
> > ===========  =================== =============
> > aahn         Andrew Ahn          aa
> > dkaspar      David Kaspar        ?
> > ilasek       Ivo Lasek           ?
> > chyzer       Chris Hyzer         tjbchris
> > james        James Vollmer       ?
> > adossett     Aaron Dossett       dossett
> > mschussler   Mitch Schussler     mitchschussler
> > VAvasarala   Viswanath Avasarala ?
> > AVarma       Anil Varma          ?
> > ssuresh      Suresh Srinivas     suresh
> > vranganathan Venkat Ranganathan  venkatrangan
> >
> > It would be helpful if one of the mentors went through and updated the
> PPMC
> > roster:
> >
> > https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/atlas
> >
> > One of the things I would like to work on is adding a button to that page
> > that will draft and post a establish PMC resolution to the board agenda.
> >
> > - Sam Ruby

> > has
> Atlas

Re: [NOTICE] Community Vote for Apache Atlas Graduation to TLP

Suma Shivaprasad
Hi John/Sam,

We are still working on rectifying the incubator page for dates and
committer/PMC ids.  Meanwhile here is the list of committers that were
added since incubation

Apoorv Naik [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Ayub Pathan [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Darshan Kumar [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Dave Kantor [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Hemanth Yamijala [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Jeffrey Hagelberg [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Kalyani Kalshikar [hidden email] <mailto:
[hidden email]>
Keval Bhatt kbhatt [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Madhan Neethiraj [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Neeru Gupta [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Nixon Rodrigues [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Sarath Subramanian [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Suma Shivaprasad [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Tom Beerbower [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Vimal Sharma [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Once the issues are rectified, will work with one of the mentors to update
https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/atlas

Thanks
Suma

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 5:45 PM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Suma,
>
> Thanks for the heads up.  There is actually no requirement for the podling
> community to vote on graduation, but its a good sign.
>
> I'm a little concerned, can you double check your status file at [1] ?
> Most of the items are marked N/A which is weird, most of these should
> actually have dates.
>
> In addition, can you provide a list of committers you have added since
> starting at Apache?  The podling status report shows none, but it may be
> that your status file is not up to date.
>
> [1]: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/atlas.html
>
> On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 8:33 PM Suma Shivaprasad <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear Incubator members,
> >
> > Please note that the community vote for graduating Apache Atlas to TLP
> has
> > commenced and has so far received a very positive response from the Atlas
> > community. You can find the vote thread at https://s.apache.org/94xI.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Suma

Re: [NOTICE] Community Vote for Apache Atlas Graduation to TLP

Sam Ruby
On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Suma Shivaprasad
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Once the issues are rectified, will work with one of the mentors to update
> https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/atlas

I've added you; you should now be able to add the rest.  The PPMC will
be notified of your changes.

> Thanks
> Suma

- Sam Ruby

Re: [NOTICE] Community Vote for Apache Atlas Graduation to TLP

Suma Shivaprasad
Thanks Sam. Have added the rest of the PPMC/committers.

Suma

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 7:46 PM, Sam Ruby <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Suma Shivaprasad
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Once the issues are rectified, will work with one of the mentors to
> update
> > https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/atlas
>
> I've added you; you should now be able to add the rest.  The PPMC will
> be notified of your changes.
>
> > Thanks
> > Suma
>
> - Sam Ruby

Re: [NOTICE] Community Vote for Apache Atlas Graduation to TLP

Sam Ruby
On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Suma Shivaprasad
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks Sam. Have added the rest of the PPMC/committers.

Cool!

For future reference, you can click on + multiple times to queue up
additions, and then add them all at once.

Also, take a look at the "Draft graduation resolution" at the bottom
of the page.  It can help you draft a resolution that contains correct
names and IDs, etc.

> Suma

- Sam Ruby

> On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 7:46 PM, Sam Ruby <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Suma Shivaprasad
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> > Once the issues are rectified, will work with one of the mentors to
>> update
>> > https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/atlas
>>
>> I've added you; you should now be able to add the rest.  The PPMC will
>> be notified of your changes.
>>
>> > Thanks
>> > Suma
>>
>> - Sam Ruby

Re: [NOTICE] Community Vote for Apache Atlas Graduation to TLP

John D. Ament
Suma,

One more thing.  I cannot find a podling name search on file for Atlas.
Has this been done?  See also [1]

John

[1]: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html#name-search

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 8:45 PM John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Suma,
>
> Thanks for the heads up.  There is actually no requirement for the podling
> community to vote on graduation, but its a good sign.
>
> I'm a little concerned, can you double check your status file at [1] ?
> Most of the items are marked N/A which is weird, most of these should
> actually have dates.
>
> In addition, can you provide a list of committers you have added since
> starting at Apache?  The podling status report shows none, but it may be
> that your status file is not up to date.
>
> [1]: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/atlas.html
>

> On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 8:33 PM Suma Shivaprasad <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear Incubator members,
>>
>> Please note that the community vote for graduating Apache Atlas to TLP has
>> commenced and has so far received a very positive response from the Atlas
>> community. You can find the vote thread at https://s.apache.org/94xI.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Suma

Re: [NOTICE] Community Vote for Apache Atlas Graduation to TLP

Alan Gates-3
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-118

Alan.

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 6:26 PM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Suma,
>
> One more thing.  I cannot find a podling name search on file for Atlas.
> Has this been done?  See also [1]
>
> John
>
> [1]: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html#name-search
>
> On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 8:45 PM John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Suma,
> >
> > Thanks for the heads up.  There is actually no requirement for the
> podling
> > community to vote on graduation, but its a good sign.
> >
> > I'm a little concerned, can you double check your status file at [1] ?
> > Most of the items are marked N/A which is weird, most of these should
> > actually have dates.
> >
> > In addition, can you provide a list of committers you have added since
> > starting at Apache?  The podling status report shows none, but it may be
> > that your status file is not up to date.
> >
> > [1]: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/atlas.html
> >

> > On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 8:33 PM Suma Shivaprasad <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Dear Incubator members,
> >>
> >> Please note that the community vote for graduating Apache Atlas to TLP
> has
> >> commenced and has so far received a very positive response from the
> Atlas
> >> community. You can find the vote thread at https://s.apache.org/94xI.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Suma

Re: [NOTICE] Community Vote for Apache Atlas Graduation to TLP

Suma Shivaprasad
Hi John/Sam,

Have fixed the issues mentioned on the status page -
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/atlas.html. I updated the status page
to have "Not submitted their ICLA" for the PMCs which hadnt submitted
theirs yet. The svn changes havent reflected yet -
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/projects/atlas.xml

Thanks
Suma