Missing podling board reports

The following podlings have missed two (or more) board reports in a row.
- Annotator
- Milagro
- Pony Mail
- S2Graph
- SensSoft

I’m  wondering what the issue is here. Do these podlings have missing mentors or is there some other reason for not reporting? While mentors don’t need to write the report they should prompt the PPMC to do so.

I see very little traffic on any of these mailing lists.

I recall there was a recovery effort underway for Milagro, Is that still progressing?

Could the mentors of those projects respond and say if the projects still have active mentors, have PPMC oversight or if we should consider discussing if the project needs to be retired to the attic.

I did get a answer re Pony Mail (i.e they do have oversight) but missing three reports in a row is concerning.

Re: Missing podling board reports

lewis john mcgibbney-2
Hi Justin,
Response inline

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 8:29 PM <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> From: Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Bcc:
> Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 09:35:47 +1000
> Subject: Missing podling board reports
> Hi,
>
> The following podlings have missed two (or more) board reports in a row.
> - Annotator
> - Milagro
> - Pony Mail
> - S2Graph
> - SensSoft

I was filing for SensSoft. I have not filed two previous two to see what
happened. No other mentors have responded and we definitely need to work
with the PPMC to make them aware that reporting is essential.

> I’m  wondering what the issue is here. Do these podlings have missing
> mentors or is there some other reason for not reporting?

With SensSoft, see above. When I stopped filing, no-one stepped up. This is
an issue needing addressing at both mentors-level and PPMC-level.

> While mentors don’t need to write the report they should prompt the PPMC
> to do so.

This is exactly what I will be doing from now on.

> I see very little traffic on any of these mailing lists.

SensSoft PPMC members have been changing employers recently. I think this
is still settling in. I'm going to poll them and see what the status of the
project is. We actually were talking about Graduating not that long ago
https://s.apache.org/DcTA
followed up as the summer kicked in. I am going to restart this and see
where we can get.

Lewis