[IP CLEARANCE] Dubbo Getty project contribution

[IP CLEARANCE] Dubbo Getty project contribution

Jun Liu
Hi Incubator PMC,

The Apache Dubbo has been donated code for Getty[1] being referred
to as `Getty`.

This is the formal request for IP clearance to be checked as per [2]. The
transfer task is recorded in here [3] .

Please check the ip-clearance filed here[4] for more information. The PMC
has voted and passed to accept this donation[5]. The ICLA of contributors
have been filed. Secretary has confirmed that SGA is received[6].

Please vote to approve this contribution.

This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours and as usual lazy
consensus applies.

[1] https://github.com/dubbogo/getty
[2] https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html#form-filling
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DUBBO-43
[4] https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/dubbo-getty.html
[5] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r46e30a742d5ced2daedbab3d45bd3bf8279c372d4fe1b5599dc8dd0f%40%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E
[6] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/re9f3b21b96f5b8ed0f39981c92dc08147273c07fc755b6958a8e6adb%40%3Cprivate.dubbo.apache.org%3E

Jun

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Dubbo Getty project contribution

Jun Liu
Sorry, please notice that ip-clearance page https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/dubbo-getty.html has not created yet, I am working on it.

Jun

> On Jul 24, 2020, at 6:54 PM, Jun Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Incubator PMC,
>
> The Apache Dubbo has been donated code for Getty[1] being referred
> to as `Getty`.
>
> This is the formal request for IP clearance to be checked as per [2]. The
> transfer task is recorded in here [3] .
>
> Please check the ip-clearance filed here[4] for more information. The PMC
> has voted and passed to accept this donation[5]. The ICLA of contributors
> have been filed. Secretary has confirmed that SGA is received[6].
>
> Please vote to approve this contribution.
>
> This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours and as usual lazy
> consensus applies.
>
> [1] https://github.com/dubbogo/getty
> [2] https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html#form-filling
> [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DUBBO-43
> [4] https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/dubbo-getty.html
> [5] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r46e30a742d5ced2daedbab3d45bd3bf8279c372d4fe1b5599dc8dd0f%40%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E
> [6] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/re9f3b21b96f5b8ed0f39981c92dc08147273c07fc755b6958a8e6adb%40%3Cprivate.dubbo.apache.org%3E
>
> Jun

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Dubbo Getty project contribution

Jun Liu
Please notice that dubbo-getty.html and index.html have been updated:

https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/dubbo-getty.html
https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html

Jun

> On Jul 24, 2020, at 7:03 PM, Jun Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sorry, please notice that ip-clearance page https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/dubbo-getty.html has not created yet, I am working on it.
>
> Jun
>
>> On Jul 24, 2020, at 6:54 PM, Jun Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Incubator PMC,
>>
>> The Apache Dubbo has been donated code for Getty[1] being referred
>> to as `Getty`.
>>
>> This is the formal request for IP clearance to be checked as per [2]. The
>> transfer task is recorded in here [3] .
>>
>> Please check the ip-clearance filed here[4] for more information. The PMC
>> has voted and passed to accept this donation[5]. The ICLA of contributors
>> have been filed. Secretary has confirmed that SGA is received[6].
>>
>> Please vote to approve this contribution.
>>
>> This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours and as usual lazy
>> consensus applies.
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/dubbogo/getty
>> [2] https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html#form-filling
>> [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DUBBO-43
>> [4] https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/dubbo-getty.html
>> [5] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r46e30a742d5ced2daedbab3d45bd3bf8279c372d4fe1b5599dc8dd0f%40%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E
>> [6] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/re9f3b21b96f5b8ed0f39981c92dc08147273c07fc755b6958a8e6adb%40%3Cprivate.dubbo.apache.org%3E
>>
>> Jun

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Dubbo Getty project contribution

I see there’s more than one committer, but the IP clearance only list one person. Do we have ICLAs for all committers?

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Dubbo Getty project contribution

Jun Liu
> Do we have ICLAs for all committers?

Yes, I think the project has had all committers signed ICLAs, Alex has confirmed this when voting in the dubbo community  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r46e30a742d5ced2daedbab3d45bd3bf8279c372d4fe1b5599dc8dd0f%40%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E

Do we need to add all the committers in the IP clearance list of this page?

Jun

> On Jul 28, 2020, at 10:44 AM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I see there’s more than one committer, but the IP clearance only list one person. Do we have ICLAs for all committers?

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Dubbo Getty project contribution

> Do we need to add all the committers in the IP clearance list of this page?

Yes it would be good to list them all.

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Dubbo Getty project contribution

Dave Fisher-2

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 2, 2020, at 7:25 PM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Do we need to add all the committers in the IP clearance list of this page?
>
> Yes it would be good to list them all.

I don’t agree. If Alex owns the copyright to the whole of the dubbogo contribution then his assurance through his ICLA ought to be enough for the ASF.

Justin if you think differently please ask on legal-discuss@

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Dubbo Getty project contribution

> I don’t agree. If Alex owns the copyright to the whole of the dubbogo contribution then his assurance through his ICLA ought to be enough for the ASF.

IMO (legal hat on) Alex doesn’t own the copyright, each individual contributor does to the bits they contributed.

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Dubbo Getty project contribution

Jun Liu
Thanks Dave & Justin for commenting on this issue.

I will try to add all committers of this project, at least those listed by Alex.

Jun

> On Aug 3, 2020, at 11:11 AM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I don’t agree. If Alex owns the copyright to the whole of the dubbogo contribution then his assurance through his ICLA ought to be enough for the ASF.
>
> IMO (legal hat on) Alex doesn’t own the copyright, each individual contributor does to the bits they contributed.

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Dubbo Getty project contribution

Jun Liu
I noticed that Ian has updated the file and added the committers as showed below:

<ul>
        <li>Xin Zhao(ICLA on file)</li>
        <li>Yincheng Fang(ICLA on file)</li>
        <li>Tianying Pan(ICLA on file)</li>
        <li>Liu Yang(ICLA on file)</li>
        <li>Yixian Zou(ICLA on file)</li>
        <li>Xinge Gao(ICLA on file)</li>
</ul>

Jun

> On Aug 3, 2020, at 5:26 PM, Jun Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks Dave & Justin for commenting on this issue.
>
> I will try to add all committers of this project, at least those listed by Alex.
>
> Jun
>
>> On Aug 3, 2020, at 11:11 AM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> I don’t agree. If Alex owns the copyright to the whole of the dubbogo contribution then his assurance through his ICLA ought to be enough for the ASF.
>>
>> IMO (legal hat on) Alex doesn’t own the copyright, each individual contributor does to the bits they contributed.

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Dubbo Getty project contribution

Jun Liu

With no -1 votes being cast, I will consider this IP clearance vote as passed by lazy consensus. I will ask the infra team to do the transfer now[1]

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DUBBO-43