[IP CLEARANCE] Arrow Plasma Object Store

[IP CLEARANCE] Arrow Plasma Object Store

Julian Hyde-3
Apache Arrow is receiving a code for the Plasma Object Store[1].

Please vote to approve this contribution.

This is a lazy consensus majority vote, per the IP clearance process[2], open for at least 72 hours.

Julian

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/arrow-plasma-object-store.html

[2] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Arrow Plasma Object Store

John D. Ament-2
Julian,

How are we verifying distribution rights?  The git history doesn't match
the documented history.  Are these individuals signing ICLAs?

John

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 3:12 PM Julian Hyde <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Apache Arrow is receiving a code for the Plasma Object Store[1].
>
> Please vote to approve this contribution.
>
> This is a lazy consensus majority vote, per the IP clearance process[2],
> open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Julian
>
> [1]
> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/arrow-plasma-object-store.html
>
> [2] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Arrow Plasma Object Store

Julian Hyde-3
The plan is for all 8 named contributors to submit ICLAs.

I understand from Wes that all have submitted ICLAs, and the secretary has acknowledged. I see all except Ujval Mista and Mehrdad Nicknami have been added to iclas.txt in the last week or so. Let me check on the last two and get back to you.

Julian

> On Aug 2, 2017, at 12:25 PM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Julian,
>
> How are we verifying distribution rights?  The git history doesn't match
> the documented history.  Are these individuals signing ICLAs?
>
> John
>
> On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 3:12 PM Julian Hyde <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Apache Arrow is receiving a code for the Plasma Object Store[1].
>>
>> Please vote to approve this contribution.
>>
>> This is a lazy consensus majority vote, per the IP clearance process[2],
>> open for at least 72 hours.
>>
>> Julian
>>
>> [1]
>> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/arrow-plasma-object-store.html
>>
>> [2] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Arrow Plasma Object Store

Julian Hyde-3
My mistake. All 8 contributors are present and correct in the ICLAs file.

Julian

> On Aug 2, 2017, at 1:37 PM, Julian Hyde <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The plan is for all 8 named contributors to submit ICLAs.
>
> I understand from Wes that all have submitted ICLAs, and the secretary has acknowledged. I see all except Ujval Mista and Mehrdad Nicknami have been added to iclas.txt in the last week or so. Let me check on the last two and get back to you.
>
> Julian
>

>> On Aug 2, 2017, at 12:25 PM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Julian,
>>
>> How are we verifying distribution rights?  The git history doesn't match
>> the documented history.  Are these individuals signing ICLAs?
>>
>> John
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 3:12 PM Julian Hyde <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Apache Arrow is receiving a code for the Plasma Object Store[1].
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this contribution.
>>>
>>> This is a lazy consensus majority vote, per the IP clearance process[2],
>>> open for at least 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Julian
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/arrow-plasma-object-store.html
>>>
>>> [2] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Arrow Plasma Object Store

Wes McKinney
We have the git history from the project of origin; the entire Ray
project (Apache 2.0) git history is commingled with the Plasma Object
Store code, so it would be possible with some effort to extract only
the commits relating to the contributed work for examination

* https://github.com/ray-project/ray/tree/master/src/plasma
* https://github.com/ray-project/ray/tree/master/python/ray/plasma

The commit from which the code was extracted for contribution to
Apache Arrow is

https://github.com/ray-project/ray/commit/b94b4a35e04d8d2c0af4420518a4e9a94c1c9b9f

Thanks,
Wes

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 5:50 PM Wes McKinney <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We have the git history from the project of origin; the entire Ray
> project (Apache 2.0) git history is commingled with the Plasma Object
> Store code, so it would be possible with some effort to extract only
> the commits relating to the contributed work for examination
>
> * https://github.com/ray-project/ray/tree/master/src/plasma
> * https://github.com/ray-project/ray/tree/master/python/ray/plasma

Ok, got it.  You're basically receiving a sliver of their overall repo, and
the linked content is just that cutout piece.  Makes sense, thanks.

> The commit from which the code was extracted for contribution to
> Apache Arrow is
>

> https://github.com/ray-project/ray/commit/b94b4a35e04d8d2c0af4420518a4e9a94c1c9b9f
>
> Thanks,
> Wes
>
> On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 5:40 PM, Julian Hyde <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > My mistake. All 8 contributors are present and correct in the ICLAs file.
> >
> > Julian
> >

> >> On Aug 2, 2017, at 1:37 PM, Julian Hyde <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> The plan is for all 8 named contributors to submit ICLAs.
> >>
> >> I understand from Wes that all have submitted ICLAs, and the secretary
> has acknowledged. I see all except Ujval Mista and Mehrdad Nicknami have
> been added to iclas.txt in the last week or so. Let me check on the last
> two and get back to you.
> >>
> >> Julian

> match

> process[2],

> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/arrow-plasma-object-store.html

[RESULT] [IP CLEARANCE] Arrow Plasma Object Store

Julian Hyde-3
This message officially closes the vote on Apache Arrow Plasma Object Store [1].
No one voted against the donation.
During the vote we verified that all 8 contributors have filed ICLAs.
The donation has been cleared for import.

The PMC vote has already passed [2].

Julian

[1] https://s.apache.org/arrow-plasma-object-store-clearance-vote

[2] https://s.apache.org/arrow-plasma-object-store-pmc-vote