Heraldry committers left off of initial proposal

Heraldry committers left off of initial proposal

Ted Leung-4

Re: Heraldry committers left off of initial proposal

robert burrell donkin-2
On 8/3/06, Ted Leung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've been told that three contributors to the various Heraldry code
> bases were accidentallly omitted from the Heraldlry proposal:
>
> Kevin Turner: kevin at janrain.com
> Dag Arneson: [hidden email]
> Grant Monroe: [hidden email]
>
> These folks are original authors of parts of the Heraldry code - what
> is the current incubator policy for handling this situation?

AFAIK there is no explicit Policy for this eventuality (but that's
probably a good thing. heraldry should be able to boostrap itself from
now on and so Policy would probably only get  in the way.)

the easiest way to proceed would be for Heraldry to vote them in as
committers in the usual fashion. IIRC heraldry has three mentors (the
quorum required for binding votes on the heraldry list) so this should
be pretty easy to do.

- robert

Re: Heraldry committers left off of initial proposal

Leo Simons
On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 12:04:33PM +0100, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> On 8/3/06, Ted Leung <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >I've been told that three contributors to the various Heraldry code
> >bases were accidentallly omitted from the Heraldlry proposal:
> >
> >Kevin Turner: kevin at janrain.com
> >Dag Arneson: [hidden email]
> >Grant Monroe: [hidden email]
> >
> >These folks are original authors of parts of the Heraldry code - what
> >is the current incubator policy for handling this situation?
>
> AFAIK there is no explicit Policy for this eventuality (but that's
> probably a good thing. heraldry should be able to boostrap itself from
> now on and so Policy would probably only get  in the way.)
>
> the easiest way to proceed would be for Heraldry to vote them in as
> committers in the usual fashion. IIRC heraldry has three mentors (the
> quorum required for binding votes on the heraldry list) so this should
> be pretty easy to do.

Yep. I seem to recall something similar happened before with another
project.

LSD