Druid 0.12.0 release (pre incubation)

Gian Merlino-2
Hi incubators,

Druid was recently accepted into the incubator (yay) - I now want to bring
up a release vote we already had in progress and that we expect to complete
early next week:
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/druid-development/sK777vmZcR0/discussion.
Since this release is likely just days away, we intend to publish it as our
final pre-incubation release. Of course, we won't call it Apache Druid, and
we'll release it on http://druid.io/, not on
http://druid.incubator.apache.org/.

Are there any other precautions we should take to avoid confusion? We could
also include some explicit statement that this release is not an Apache
release, to avoid confusing anyone that may have heard that Druid is
starting incubation.

Gian

Re: Druid 0.12.0 release (pre incubation)

Julian Hyde-3
As a mentor of Druid, sounds good to me. It’s good to keep on releasing regularly - the community relies on it.

Please mention this in the board report (due in about a week).

When will the next release be, and will you be able to make that under the incubator process?

Julian

> On Mar 2, 2018, at 1:09 PM, Gian Merlino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi incubators,
>
> Druid was recently accepted into the incubator (yay) - I now want to bring
> up a release vote we already had in progress and that we expect to complete
> early next week:
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/druid-development/sK777vmZcR0/discussion.
> Since this release is likely just days away, we intend to publish it as our
> final pre-incubation release. Of course, we won't call it Apache Druid, and
> we'll release it on http://druid.io/, not on
> http://druid.incubator.apache.org/.
>
> Are there any other precautions we should take to avoid confusion? We could
> also include some explicit statement that this release is not an Apache
> release, to avoid confusing anyone that may have heard that Druid is
> starting incubation.
>
> Gian

Re: Druid 0.12.0 release (pre incubation)

Gian Merlino-2
Thanks for the advice Julian.

For our next release after 0.12.0, with our normal schedule we would look
to start doing release candidates later this month and aim for a final
release in April / May (Druid release candidates usually bake for a month
or so). Whether we could do those release candidates in the incubator or
not depends on how fast we can get stuff migrated over -- I am optimistic
we can get it done fast enough but I am not totally sure.

Gian