Does a new podling committer require notice to the IPMC?

Does a new podling committer require notice to the IPMC?

Alan Gates-3
We used to require that a podling notify the IPMC after its PPMC had voted
to invite a contributor to be a committer and before the candidate was
notified.  Do we still require that? I can't recall seeing any emails from
other podlings on that lately and I couldn't find any docs on the incubator
site one way or another.

Alan.

Re: Does a new podling committer require notice to the IPMC?

Hitesh Shah
The notice is only for new PPMC members. Most podlings do not differentiate
between committers and PPMC so you would end up seeing notice emails for
new committers being sent to the IPMC.

https://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#voting_in_a_new_ppmc_member

Hitesh

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 3:13 PM Alan Gates <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We used to require that a podling notify the IPMC after its PPMC had voted
> to invite a contributor to be a committer and before the candidate was
> notified.  Do we still require that? I can't recall seeing any emails from
> other podlings on that lately and I couldn't find any docs on the incubator
> site one way or another.
>
> Alan.

Re: Does a new podling committer require notice to the IPMC?

Alan Gates-3
Thanks Hitesh.

Alan.