December 2018 Incubator report timeline

Timeline for the next incubator report. Please fill in your reports here [1]

    Wed December 05 -- Podling reports due by end of day
    Sun December 09 -- Shepherd reviews due by end of day
    Sun December 09 -- Summary due by end of day
    Tue December 11 -- Mentor signoff due by end of day
    Wed December 12 -- Report submitted to Board
    Wed December 19 -- Board meeting

Note that we have a number of new podlings that are also expected to report. i.e IotDB, BRPC, Iceberg and ShardingSphere.

1. https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/December2018

December report - Mentor sign off due end of today

Just a reminder mentor sign-off is due today and some projects still have no sing-offs and will be asked to report next month if they don’t get any.

These projects are:
BRPC
Myriad

Projects that could do with more sign-offs (as they only have one sign-off) include:
DLab
Daffodil
Hivemall
Ponytail
Samoa
Singa
Superset
Taverna
Warble

The board likes to see more than one sign off and it’s a good indicator if mentors are paying attention.

Re: December report - Mentor sign off due end of today

Kevin A. McGrail-2
Thanks for the heads-up.  A sing-off sounds like we are an acappella group!

I'll ask BRPC if they have a report.  This is one of their first so I'm
sort of expecting it to be short.
--
Kevin A. McGrail
VP Fundraising, Apache Software Foundation

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 3:47 PM Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>

> Just a reminder mentor sign-off is due today and some projects still have
> no sing-offs and will be asked to report next month if they don’t get any.
>
> These projects are:
> BRPC
> Myriad
>
> Projects that could do with more sign-offs (as they only have one
> sign-off) include:
> DLab
> Daffodil
> Hivemall
> Ponytail
> Samoa
> Singa
> Superset
> Taverna
> Warble
>
> The board likes to see more than one sign off and it’s a good indicator if
> mentors are paying attention.

Re: December report - Mentor sign off due end of today

It changes each month but here is Decembers link:
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/December2018

Sing-off are also welcome :-)

Re: December report - Mentor sign off due end of today

I wrote the short report already. Mailing lists did not happen until last Thursday/Friday.

Warm Regards
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 10, 2018, at 1:11 PM, Kevin A. McGrail <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the heads-up.  A sing-off sounds like we are an acappella group!
>
> I'll ask BRPC if they have a report.  This is one of their first so I'm
> sort of expecting it to be short.
> --
> Kevin A. McGrail
> VP Fundraising, Apache Software Foundation
> Chair Emeritus Apache SpamAssassin Project
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/kmcgrail - 703.798.0171
>

> On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 3:47 PM Justin Mclean <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just a reminder mentor sign-off is due today and some projects still have
>> no sing-offs and will be asked to report next month if they don’t get any.
>>
>> These projects are:
>> BRPC
>> Myriad
>>
>> Projects that could do with more sign-offs (as they only have one
>> sign-off) include:
>> DLab
>> Daffodil
>> Hivemall
>> Ponytail
>> Samoa
>> Singa
>> Superset
>> Taverna
>> Warble
>>
>> The board likes to see more than one sign off and it’s a good indicator if
>> mentors are paying attention.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Justin

Re: December report - Mentor sign off due end of today

Roman Shaposhnik
Justin, I see my name attached to the Sharding Sphere as a mentor, but I only
agreed to help as a Champion (that's why my name wasn't listed as a Mentor
on the proposal).

I know we've had back-n-forth in the past on whether Champions automatically
become mentors (and I happen to be in the firm 'no they do NOT' camp) but
regardless -- do you want me to simply remove myself from podling.xml ?

Thanks,
Roman.On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 1:19 PM Justin Mclean
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It changes each month but here is Decembers link:
> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/December2018
>
> Sing-off are also welcome :-)

Re: December report - Mentor sign off due end of today

> I wrote the short report already.

Yes Dave you did, but the mentors (of which you are not one) have not signed off that report.

Re: December report - Mentor sign off due end of today

Justin Mclean-3

> Justin, I see my name attached to the Sharding Sphere as a mentor, but I only
> agreed to help as a Champion (that's why my name wasn't listed as a Mentor
> on the proposal).

No problem I’ve removed you.

Re: December report - Mentor sign off due end of today

Gosling Von

I have noticed in brpc incubator comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:
Dave Fisher: I wrote up this report and made the mailing list request.
Justin Mclean: LDAP and DNS also feel between the cracks. Mentors were
 pinged but no response. I think it would be good for this project to
 have an extra mentor.

I have signed my name in mentor roster and contacted the brpc teams offline to learn more about the start status in podling.

Best Regards,
Von Gosling

> 在 2018年12月11日,上午4:47,Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> 写道:
>
> Hi,
>
> Just a reminder mentor sign-off is due today and some projects still have no sing-offs and will be asked to report next month if they don’t get any.
>
> These projects are:
> BRPC
> Myriad
>
> Projects that could do with more sign-offs (as they only have one sign-off) include:
> DLab
> Daffodil
> Hivemall
> Ponytail
> Samoa
> Singa
> Superset
> Taverna
> Warble
>
> The board likes to see more than one sign off and it’s a good indicator if mentors are paying attention.

Re: December report - Mentor sign off due end of today

Kevin A. McGrail-2
Additionally, if I was pinged, I did not receive the email.   I'm signing
off on the BRPC report as soon as I can with the wiki.  Just got karma a
few minutes ago.
--

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 10:38 PM Gosling Von <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have noticed in brpc incubator comments:
>

> IPMC/Shepherd notes:
> Dave Fisher: I wrote up this report and made the mailing list request.
> Justin Mclean: LDAP and DNS also feel between the cracks. Mentors were
>  pinged but no response. I think it would be good for this project to
>  have an extra mentor.
>
> I have signed my name in mentor roster and contacted the brpc teams
> offline to learn more about the start status in podling.
>

> Best Regards,
> Von Gosling
>
> > 在 2018年12月11日,上午4:47,Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> 写道:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just a reminder mentor sign-off is due today and some projects still
> have no sing-offs and will be asked to report next month if they don’t get
> any.
> >
> > These projects are:
> > BRPC
> > Myriad
> >
> > Projects that could do with more sign-offs (as they only have one
> sign-off) include:
> > DLab
> > Daffodil
> > Hivemall
> > Ponytail
> > Samoa
> > Singa
> > Superset
> > Taverna
> > Warble
> >
> > The board likes to see more than one sign off and it’s a good indicator
> if mentors are paying attention.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Justin

Re: December report - Mentor sign off due end of today

I am the Champion. I went and JFDI the next step of the startup.  It looks like we will have 4 mentors for BRPC which is great.

Regards
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 10, 2018, at 7:24 PM, Justin Mclean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I wrote the short report already.
>
> Yes Dave you did, but the mentors (of which you are not one) have not signed off that report.

Re: December report - Mentor sign off due end of today

>  It looks like we will have 4 mentors for BRPC which is great.

Who is the 4th there is only 3 on the roster? [1]

1. https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/brpc

Re: December report - Mentor sign off due end of today

Dave Fisher-5
Hi -

My mistake as I took Gosling Von and [hidden email] as separate people.

Sent from my iPhone