DISCUSS: Process for Donating New Codebase (New Architecture) into Apache Fineract TLP

DISCUSS: Process for Donating New Codebase (New Architecture) into Apache Fineract TLP

Ed Cable
Hi incubator,

Apache Fineract is now a top-level project but we have a new major version
of our software, a cloud-native architecture, that the Mifos Initiative
would like to donate into Apache Fineract.

I wanted to discuss the process of how the Mifos Initiative can donate this
new version. It's a completely brand new codebase from the current Apache
Fineract version but both will live in parallel as the community will be
using them in production in parallel. It's currently called Mifos IO and is
housed at https://github.com/mifosio but will go into Apache Fineract as
Apache Fineract CN.

The Mifos Initiative owns the copyright to the code, it's all licensed
under Apache 2.0 and all of the major contributors have iCLAs on file
except for one - we will have him sign his iCLA when needed.

There are other outstanding questions we'll be addressing with the
Infrastructure team regarding the hosting of multiple source and artifact
repositories which we're handling separately.

*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative
[hidden email] | Skype: edcable | Mobile: +1.484.477.8649

<http://facebook.com/mifos>  <http://www.twitter.com/mifos>

Re: DISCUSS: Process for Donating New Codebase (New Architecture) into Apache Fineract TLP

John D. Ament-2
Hi Ed,

Once the Fineract podling accepts the donation, they would need to follow
the IP Clearance guidelines found at [1].  The process for Fineract to
accept the contribution is up to them, but they would likely vote on it,
and expect Apache ICLAs from each of the contributors to the project (Its
not clear if the ICLAs you mention are Apache ICLAs or Mifos Initiative
ICLAs).

John

[1]: https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/