Apache Project proposal questions

taher koitawala-2
Hi All,
        I am currently preparing a project proposal which is mainly towards
the bigdata side. Problems i am facing are

   1. I have a proposal which I know will make sense to a lot of people,
   but that's the problem its just a proposal no code to start with.
   2. I have filled the abstract and the proposal sections in the proposal
   format but i don't  know what to fill in the mentor, known issues and
   meritocracy  section. I also I do not know a sponsor or a mentor whom i add
   or who can guide me.

Appreciate any help in advance.

Regards,
Taher Koitawala

Re: Apache Project proposal questions

John D. Ament-2
Hi Taher,

Typically, our recommendations lean towards somewhat established codebases
over an empty codebase.  With sites like github now pretty dominant across
the board, it's easy to setup a repository on github and start attracting
users/developers to work with you on it.

John