Accepting Fineract CN code into TLP Apache Fineract

Accepting Fineract CN code into TLP Apache Fineract

Myrle Krantz-2
Hello Incubator,

The Fineract community just voted to accept mifos I/O code into Apache Fineract.

The code consists of all of the repositories found here:
https://github.com/mifosio

Here's the discussion thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ed514d35ffd582c856d5b2e88d4423ad78036e3ed55e278045f7b56e@%3Cdev.fineract.apache.org%3E

Here's the vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/9bab35a9c5bcde6f460afc72d50e1cdecd57c8675abdbaefcc1d48b8@%3Cdev.fineract.apache.org%3E

And here's the vote result:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8a791e91aa1295c84cd51f0429af2fcdada7db57fdb65b4185ea5fc0@%3Cdev.fineract.apache.org%3E

Apache Incubator policy is that all new code enters via the incubator:
https://incubator.apache.org/faq.html

The code currently belongs to the Mifos Initiative.  Ed Cable, CEO of
the Mifos Initiative, is preparing the software grant.  What are our
next steps to get the code accepted by the Apache Software Foundation?

Best Regards,
Myrle Krantz,
Committer, Apache Fineract

Re: Accepting Fineract CN code into TLP Apache Fineract

Greg Stein-4
Easy peasy ... what you're looking for is this:
https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/

Just follow that process. Get the software grant filed with the Secretary.

Will you be lifting the github/mifosio repositories whole? If so, then file
a ticket with Infra to move them under the apache/ org on GitHub (and to
use the "gitbox" beta to work with them read/write on github). If you're
going to take HEAD from those repositories and merge them into existing
fineract repositories, then that's direct community work (tho somebody
should then mark the mifosio repositories as obsolete/read-only/closed).

Cheers,
-g

On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 1:44 PM, Myrle Krantz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Incubator,
>
> The Fineract community just voted to accept mifos I/O code into Apache
> Fineract.
>
> The code consists of all of the repositories found here:
> https://github.com/mifosio
>
> Here's the discussion thread:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ed514d35ffd582c856d5b2e88d4423
> ad78036e3ed55e278045f7b56e@%3Cdev.fineract.apache.org%3E
>
> Here's the vote thread:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/9bab35a9c5bcde6f460afc72d50e1c
> decd57c8675abdbaefcc1d48b8@%3Cdev.fineract.apache.org%3E
>
> And here's the vote result:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8a791e91aa1295c84cd51f0429af2f
> cdada7db57fdb65b4185ea5fc0@%3Cdev.fineract.apache.org%3E
>
> Apache Incubator policy is that all new code enters via the incubator:
> https://incubator.apache.org/faq.html
>
> The code currently belongs to the Mifos Initiative.  Ed Cable, CEO of
> the Mifos Initiative, is preparing the software grant.  What are our
> next steps to get the code accepted by the Apache Software Foundation?
>
> Best Regards,
> Myrle Krantz,
> Committer, Apache Fineract

Re: Accepting Fineract CN code into TLP Apache Fineract

Ed Cable
Myrle and others,

I just filed the software grant agreement. I will let everyone know once
it's been acknowledged so we can continue in the IP clearance process:

https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html

Ed

On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Greg Stein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Easy peasy ... what you're looking for is this:
> https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/
>
> Just follow that process. Get the software grant filed with the Secretary.
>
> Will you be lifting the github/mifosio repositories whole? If so, then file
> a ticket with Infra to move them under the apache/ org on GitHub (and to
> use the "gitbox" beta to work with them read/write on github). If you're
> going to take HEAD from those repositories and merge them into existing
> fineract repositories, then that's direct community work (tho somebody
> should then mark the mifosio repositories as obsolete/read-only/closed).
>
> Cheers,
> -g
>

> On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 1:44 PM, Myrle Krantz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello Incubator,
> >
> > The Fineract community just voted to accept mifos I/O code into Apache
> > Fineract.
> >
> > The code consists of all of the repositories found here:
> > https://github.com/mifosio
> >
> > Here's the discussion thread:
> > https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ed514d35ffd582c856d5b2e88d4423
> > ad78036e3ed55e278045f7b56e@%3Cdev.fineract.apache.org%3E
> >
> > Here's the vote thread:
> > https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/9bab35a9c5bcde6f460afc72d50e1c
> > decd57c8675abdbaefcc1d48b8@%3Cdev.fineract.apache.org%3E
> >
> > And here's the vote result:
> > https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8a791e91aa1295c84cd51f0429af2f
> > cdada7db57fdb65b4185ea5fc0@%3Cdev.fineract.apache.org%3E
> >
> > Apache Incubator policy is that all new code enters via the incubator:
> > https://incubator.apache.org/faq.html
> >
> > The code currently belongs to the Mifos Initiative.  Ed Cable, CEO of
> > the Mifos Initiative, is preparing the software grant.  What are our
> > next steps to get the code accepted by the Apache Software Foundation?
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Myrle Krantz,
> > Committer, Apache Fineract

*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative
[hidden email] | Skype: edcable | Mobile: +1.484.477.8649

<http://facebook.com/mifos>  <http://www.twitter.com/mifos>

Re: Accepting Fineract CN code into TLP Apache Fineract

Greg Stein-4
I can confirm: the SGA has been filed in the ASF records.