[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hivemall 0.5.0-incubating released

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hivemall 0.5.0-incubating released

Makoto Yui-2
The Apache Hivemall (incubating) Project Team is proud to announce
Apache Hivemall 0.5.0-incubating has been released.
This is the first Apache release since the project entered Apache Incubator.

Apache Hivemall is a scalable machine learning library implemented as
Hive UDFs/UDAFs/UDTFs. Hivemall runs on Hadoop-based data processing
frameworks, specifically on Apache Hive, Apache Spark, and Apache Pig.

The release is available at:

 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/hivemall/0.5.0-incubating/
 http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/hivemall/0.5.0-incubating/
(Mirror)

ChangeLog of this release can be found at:

 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/hivemall/0.5.0-incubating/ChangeLog.html

Release artifacts in Maven Central:

 https://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.apache.hivemall%22%20AND%20v%3A%220.5.0-incubating%22

Find more about our project at:
 - Project Site: http://hivemall.incubator.apache.org/
 - Github mirror: https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall
 - Mailing list(s): [hidden email]

Makoto
on behalf of Apache Hivemall PPMC

=====
*Disclaimer*
Apache Hivemall (incubating) is an effort undergoing incubation at
The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the name of Apache
Incubator PMC. Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects
until a further review indicates that the infrastructure, communications,
and decision making process have stabilized in a manner consistent
with other successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not
necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of the code,
it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

--
Makoto YUI <myui AT apache.org>
Research Engineer, Treasure Data, Inc.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hivemall 0.5.0-incubating released

sebb-2-2
On 5 March 2018 at 09:29, Makoto Yui <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Apache Hivemall (incubating) Project Team is proud to announce
> Apache Hivemall 0.5.0-incubating has been released.
> This is the first Apache release since the project entered Apache Incubator.
>
> Apache Hivemall is a scalable machine learning library implemented as
> Hive UDFs/UDAFs/UDTFs. Hivemall runs on Hadoop-based data processing
> frameworks, specifically on Apache Hive, Apache Spark, and Apache Pig.
>
> The release is available at:
>
>  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/hivemall/0.5.0-incubating/

Please don't use the above URL:
The dist.apache.org host is ONLY intended for use by developers when
publishing a release.
The URL should not be mentioned in postings/webpages etc that are
intended for the general public.

>  http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/hivemall/0.5.0-incubating/
> (Mirror)

This is OK; downloads of artifacts should ONLY use the mirror as above.

> ChangeLog of this release can be found at:
>
>  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/hivemall/0.5.0-incubating/ChangeLog.html

Again, please don't use the dist.apache.org host.

You should link instead either to a mirror or the ASF page at

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/hivemall/0.5.0-incubating/ChangeLog.html

The main artifacts (which are generally much bigger) must be linked
via the 3rd party mirrors.
KEYS, hashes and sigs must use https://www.apache.org/dist/...

Release Notes/ ChangeLog etc can use either.

> Release artifacts in Maven Central:
>
>  https://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.apache.hivemall%22%20AND%20v%3A%220.5.0-incubating%22
>
> Find more about our project at:
>  - Project Site: http://hivemall.incubator.apache.org/
>  - Github mirror: https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall
>  - Mailing list(s): [hidden email]
>                     [hidden email]
>
> Thanks,
> Makoto
> on behalf of Apache Hivemall PPMC
>
> =====
> *Disclaimer*
> Apache Hivemall (incubating) is an effort undergoing incubation at
> The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the name of Apache
> Incubator PMC. Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects
> until a further review indicates that the infrastructure, communications,
> and decision making process have stabilized in a manner consistent
> with other successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not
> necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of the code,
> it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.
>
> --
> Makoto YUI <myui AT apache.org>
> Research Engineer, Treasure Data, Inc.
> http://myui.github.io/

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hivemall 0.5.0-incubating released

Makoto Yui-2
Let me correct links in the previous announcement. (Thanks Sebb for comments!)

The release is available at:

 http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/hivemall/0.5.0-incubating/

Signatures of the release can be found at: